• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's YOUR game of the year?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Pretty sure many games did jetpacks before GTA. ;)

I dont prefer Saints to GTA but I do see what they are doing with Saints and making in pure nonsense and purely a game made for the fun of the gamer. They can both exist and fans can play both or stick to their own games. Im looking forward to GTA 5 a lot but I shall enjoy Saints Row 3 for now too.
i know they did it before it but it was the first to use it in a open world sandbox game as far as i know

Yeah i agree and i do see what they are doing with saints row
but my inner GTA fanboy just isn't happy .

Dark Drakan

Admin
i know they did it before it but it was the first to use it in a open world sandbox game as far as i know

Yeah i agree and i do see what they are doing with saints row
but my inner GTA fanboy just isn't happy .

Then dont play it, plenty of room in the open sandbox gaming market for multiple games around the same sort of premise. I mean Shenmue was an open world game with similar map and such as GTA III and it came before GTA III. Totally different style of game but some of the systems GTA modified and had the look of in GTA III.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Then dont play it, plenty of room in the open sandbox gaming market for multiple games around the same sort of premise. I mean Shenmue was an open world game with similar map and such as GTA III and it came before GTA III. Totally different style of game but some of the systems GTA modified and had the look of in GTA III.
Ohhh Shenmue...mixed emotions bout dat one...SPACE HARRIER MINIGAME!!

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
My game of the year is...... *insert drumroll here*..... STOP WITH THE STUPID DRUMROLL!!! *drumroll stops* Good.... As I was saying. My game of the year is F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin!!!!

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
What jetpacks are you talking about that are in SaintsRow ?
Yes i find every character in every GTA unappealing, if i didn't then i would've bought a GTA title. And picking on the weak & helpless is almost as bad as inputting an invincibility code because you don't like being killed, what's the point in playing if there's no one to challenge you. Targeting prostitutes & pedestrians is fine for you but i'm far from being bored in any SaintsRow game to purposely kill innocent people.
ok 1 if you think there is no challenge in GTA than get atleast a 4 star wanted rating in GTA IV
and then tell me there is no challenge
and 2 How can you diss GTA if you have never even owned a single title

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Daaaaaaaaaark SOULS!!!!!!!!!!!
Dark-Souls.jpg
i just have to say it :p Crysis 2 :D

Funny...Crysis 2 is my runner up and I bought Dark Souls at the same time :p Love them both but Dark Souls is by far the best game I've played in a while...

Selutu

Son of Death, Bringer of the dead
Gears of War 3 is pretty much the game of the year for me... I love the Lancer Assault Rifle!

ZeroLove

This is a tough choice, as I would say either Mortal Kombat or Batman: Arkham City. They are two different genres and both so awesome, but if I had to choose, then I would probably choose Batman for that simple reason that it is one of the best modern beat'em up/comicbook hero/stealth games I have ever played (maybe with the exception of Metal Gear Solid 4 in the stealth department).

1) Batman: Arkham City.
- and on a worthy 2. place is Mortal Kombat.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I guess The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is the best game of 2011. To be honest 2011 was the "year of junky games." That's my opinion thou.

Dark Drakan

Admin
To be honest 2011 was the "year of junky games." That's my opinion thou.

Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Gear of War 3
Battlefield 3
Batman Arkham City
Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
Portal 2
Minecraft

Granted some of which I dont own or play but they are now some of the highest rated games ever not just in 2011.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Gear of War 3
Battlefield 3
Batman Arkham City
Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
Portal 2
Minecraft

Granted some of which I dont own or play but they are now some of the highest rated games ever not just in 2011.
Well indeed these games are considered the best, but my post was based more on my taste of games. I dislike war games and after the Dark Knight movie I stopped caring for Batman. :(

Meg

Well indeed these games are considered the best, but my post was based more on my taste of games. I dislike war games and after the Dark Knight movie I stopped caring for Batman. :(
There's still Uncharted 3, El Shaddai, and KIRBY MASS ATTACK! (XD) (Note: of those three I've only played one)

Oh and AC: Revelations has some of the best multiplayer I've ever played.

Dark Drakan

Admin
There's still Uncharted 3, El Shaddai, and KIRBY MASS ATTACK! (XD) (Note: of those three I've only played one)

Oh and AC: Revelations has some of the best multiplayer I've ever played.

Still not touched multiplayer for any Assassins Creed (Brotherhood or Revelations).

Meg

Still not touched multiplayer for any Assassins Creed (Brotherhood or Revelations).
Aw! D: You should give it a shot. It offers something really different and in a sea of COD ripoffs it's really refreshing.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Aw! D: You should give it a shot. It offers something really different and in a sea of COD ripoffs it's really refreshing.

I will get around to it at some point im sure and im glad it doesnt feel tacked on (judging on opinions of reviewers and gamers alike).

Reactions: Meg
Top Bottom