• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's the most disturbing movie you ever saw?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Do yourselves a favor and don't watch it if you are faint of heart. I know that that's a common thing to say to advertise and even the original spider man did it, for no reason, but this is an exceptionally unsettling movie. It's not a horror movie in the classical way horror is presented. I'm serious here. Watch reviews before you try to watch it. This is the only movie ever censored when shown on independant movie channels and rightly so.

antichrist.jpg

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Do yourselves a favor and don't watch it if you are faint of heart. I know that that's a common thing to say to advertise and even the original spider man did it, for no reason, but this is an exceptionally unsettling movie. It's not a horror movie in the classical way horror is presented. I'm serious here. Watch reviews before you try to watch it. This is the only movie ever censored when shown on independant movie channels and rightly so.

antichrist.jpg

is this one of those gore movies?

berto

I Saw the Devil
is this one of those gore movies?
There is gore but in terms of quantity it's not much nor even what makes it unsettling. There are sex scenes that could most definitely be called graphic with no shame of nudity for men nor women, with a couple of shots of downtown during traffic, if you get my meaning. Neither of those are what makes this film unsettling, though. It's a rather quiet movie; Foreboding and dark with an unclear explanation of why, which, honestly, only makes it the more fascinating. There are so many little things that are just not right under the surface and a bizarre form of supernatural presence that isn't the norm in American cinema. Actually, the director Lars von Trier, has been often referred to as the anti-Hollywood director, so don't expect a traditional narrative here. Still, it offers an unsettling and unnerving story and I'm serious, if you can't handle real dark and brutal, not just physically brutal, either, concepts avoid this movie.

Edit:
Here is a clip from the Criterion Collection youtube site. I think it's just under the ok to show but a warning, it's not something you should watch with people around. It will give you a good example of the themes of the film. I don't feel comfortable putting the clip here, not because it's bad content or even that disturbing but I think it's better to just post the link. Watch till the end and don't skip through.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
see there, i just a read a comment there about a mutilation of something from that link.. darn it, there goes the spoiler.. but goblin's in there, and i'm curious for what everything you've said, gonna try this movie out.

and if there is ever a disturbing part in movies, i won't allow my wife watching them.. let me be the one who suffers, lol..

berto

I Saw the Devil
see there, i just a read a comment there about a mutilation of something from that link.. darn it, there goes the spoiler.. but goblin's in there, and i'm curious for what everything you've said, gonna try this movie out.

and if there is ever a disturbing part in movies, i won't allow my wife watching them.. let me be the one who suffers, lol..
Well, don't say I didn't try to stop you. Besides, that wasn't the worst of it. It was my favorite scene, yeah, but hardly the worst this has to offer.

Kurisu

Bunny mom
I don't know... I think The Human Centipede 2 because of the baby part, it was really gross... The first one wasn't that horrible, actually when the Doctor chased the girl my friends and I were shouting Albert Wesker's phrases like "THERE'S NO POINT IN HIDING" because that guy walked so slowly and calm that it reminded us the Hide-and-Seek part in Resident Evil 5.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Haven't watched it, but when we had discussion about it in university, one guy mentioned movie called "Taxidermist", that suppose to be extremely screwed up

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Mine will probably be quite tame by comparison, but as I've gotten older I've found that I get creeped out by horror/slasher flicks more and more, and I pretty much avoid them entirely now. The most disturbing film that springs to mind for me is the first Cabin Fever. I remember stubbornly watching it from beginning to end, not being overly grossed out by the viscera (but it was pretty eww-y), but how everyone in that film is so quick to turn on and abandon each other and let them literally rot in a shed or something. For me, it was a genuinely disturbing and unsettling film.

I also remember seeing a low-budget, super-gory zombie flick in my early teens on the Sy-Fy Channel (back when it was still called the 'Sci-fi Channel') and there was this zombie with an exposed skull (which still retained its eyes) that camply shuffled around eating people's faces. Can't remember what it was called and I don't care to Google it, but I'm pretty sure that the zombie has become a minor meme now as I've seen it turn up in captioned images on forums and stuff. I have no idea why I endured the film all those years ago, it was pretty grim (in my opinion, anyway).

Oh yeah, and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. What they did to that blonde fella gave me the chills.

No way I'm watching those Human Centipede flicks.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
As a kid, the movies that disturbed me most were They Watch, The Sixth Sense, The Amityville Horror and The Shining, and The Haunting.
All of them just because of certain scenes that made an impact on me and stayed with me long after, ie. the girl in the tree, the lady in the kitchen, the girl at the end, and the bath tub lady that followed the boy, and the thing that called the lady by name.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
A Serbian Film hands down the most disturbing. Gore doesn't phase me. Horror movies generally don't.

This movie is on its own level of messed up and not a single character needed to be tortured or dismembered and sowed in gross ways. It doesn't even need shocks that make you jump. The most effective horror gets you on a deeper level than that. It's the only plot twist that made me want to vomit.

Watch it if you dare. :cool:

Top Bottom