• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's the most disturbing movie you ever saw?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
A Serbian Film hands down the most disturbing. Gore doesn't phase me. Horror movies generally don't.

This movie is on its own level of messed up and not a single character needed to be tortured or dismembered and sowed in gross ways. It doesn't even need shocks that make you jump. The most effective horror gets you on a deeper level than that. It's the only plot twist that made me want to vomit.

Watch it if you dare. :cool:
which was the scene that made you hit the pause button?

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
which was the scene that made you hit the pause button?
I didn't pause it once. All in one go. With whiskey.

For most people it's the baby scene 50% of the way through. That point pretty much determines whether someone's going to turn it off or power through. First half of the movie isn't scary, just ominous.

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Another one I watched recently that was quite disturbing was a film called Tusk by Kevin Smith

Basically Justin Long is kidnapped by this crazy guy who amputates his leg, cuts out his tongue, an puts him in a walrus suit made of human flesh (the bones from his leg are made into the tusks)

The most effed up part is that fact I was recommended this film from someone who insisted that I would like it, that someone was my then 10 year old nephew........

Captain Xin

There was an anime film back in the day, called "Akira"

Neo-Tokyo_Akira.jpg

It's a classic, a "Chronicle" kind of Sci-Fi\Superhero thriller that set in a world straight from "Blade Runner". I got instantly intrigued the moment I saw it on TV.

And then I got to the second part, it becomes one of the most disturbing shxt I've seen.

I'm not going to bother touching that thing again, link to YouTube if you want to lose the appetite for your breakfast, lunch and dinner.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Paddington.

It's a freakin' bear that walks and talks. And likes to eat marmalade...marmaf******lade.

You know I'm starting to see a pattern here in the movies that disturb me.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
This is going to sound strange to most, but The Shining.

Not because it was freaky or scary.

But because it was startlingly accurate in terms of mental demise. And having witnessed such craziness firsthand in the past, it got to me in a way I could not express to anyone. Still haven't finished it and probably never will.

Edit: paranormal activity. Was fine all the way through, thought nothing of it, even considered it tame. And then could not sleep until the DVD was searched up and thrown in the bin outside.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It was the part where he's typing and it's just the same thing over and over again that got me. It just creeped me out in a total déjà vu kind of way. Like the descent into madness was just the tip of a terrifyingly huge iceberg

Top Bottom