• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you most like to see next?

What would you most like to see next?

• Total voters

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
They won't even confirm whether or not Vergil died. At least make that clear when you reach the end of the game.

i though it was obvious what happened
Vergil fights Mundus but because he was week/doesn't have Spardas power
he loses and Mundus takes control of his mind

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
i though it was obvious what happened

Ok, so if Vergil died, then was a zombie in DMC1, how did he know to stop attacking Dante?

And didn't DMC1 say that Vergil died 20 years ago?

If Vergil "died" when getting his DT in the manga (like the way Dante "died" getting his DT), then "re-died" when Mundus defeated him after Dante defeated him in DMC3 then RE-DIED AGAIN after Dante killed him for good in DMC1, then how come his soul is in Nero's devil trigger?

Wouldn't it have been beyond wasted by now as a "usable soul"? Anything speculating to that is just fan fiction theory.

How is Nero's soul his devil trigger (according to the book) when it's obvious that it's Vergil? Did Vergil come back just to help out his useless son?

If Vergil's soul is in Nero's DT, then what does Nero have? He's a descendant of Sparda, so he should be able to have his own DT along with the one that Dead Vergil gave him.

And don't say that the DT isn't Vergil when it OBVIOUSLY is. [see what I did there?]

devil_may_cry_4_wallpaper_by_atknebula-d4ihr36.jpg

That's not Nero. He wouldn't fight Dante again after everything's resolved. Like it or not, that's a teaser for Vergil in DMC5.

Dante had his own DT along with his father's DT when he fought Mundus.

Nero, being a "descendant of Sparda" (according to Sanctus) would also have his own as well.

So no, it's not "obvious". For all we know, Mundus could have just frozen Vergil in his tracks, offered him power, then when Vergil accepts that he can't defeat Mundus and take his offer on increased power, Mundus wiped his memory (instead of turning him into a zombie).

You don't know what happened. No one knows. And when the DMC4 book written by Bingo tried to explain, the fans whined (as they usually do) and didn't accept it as canon.

Stop thinking you know all the answers; especially when you have absolutely none to give.
Oh come on! am i the only one who wants a Sparda prequel?
Most likely.
let+it+go.jpg

Last edited:

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Stop thinking you know all the answers; especially when you have absolutely none to give.
look i just play the games to have fun and enjoy the story
i don't need every little detail explained
seeing Vergil go up against Mundus and then later be under his control is good enough for me

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
And I think that that's the problem right there.

"Good enough" is no longer enough. Not for the rest of us.

well that is a problem

look the devil may cry games are my favorite games of all time i love almost everything about them
but at the end of the day its still just a game

now i don't want to insult you because i get what you mean
i think it would be cool to know these thing too and there are allot more questions then answer

and this is the problem with all fandoms people (i'm not saying you in particular)
focus on all the little stuff and can't let themselves enjoy what they have

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I want to see a game about Sparda pre-Rebellion. Racking up the ranks to see him land the spot as Mundus' general. They really could have taken the themes from Dante's Inferno and really twist it to make it something interesting. But thanks to EA's version...

I guess that's going to happen just about as much as Vergil in the Underworld on his trek to fight Mundus. That's really left up to interpretation how soon he fought him or not, but that would be really cool to see Vergil's trek in the underworld in a mix with themes from Silent Hill and the movie The Cell.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Most threads only focus on the story of the next DMC or DmC. So I'll post my answer to the question here. These are just some preliminary ideas, and I might post more if any come to mind.

I would like to see them continue with Nero and Dante. They'd need to explain Nero's Devil Bringer too, as neither Sparda nor Vergil ever had such abilities. Was he experimented on, and did his DB remain latent until he became an adult? The explanation of ''well, he was slashed on his shoulder, and now he's infected with demonic power'' doesn't make much sense to me. Finally, they need to explain just who he is. If he's Vergil's son, they still need to confirm it. Because as it is, almost all the symbolism in DMC4 points toward him being some kind of second coming of Sparda. And I don't mean that he's a reincarnation, just that he's somehow more Sparda-like than Vergil-like. He even gets a purple aura sometimes, and his DT has a large broken halo. Seems like it might point to Nelo Angelo, but he never had a halo, nor a sheath for the Yamato.

It's possible they might not want to continue with Nero, though. They might think DMC4 was a mistake. In that case, I would do the following:

- Retcon DMC4 or declare it non-canon. In that case, DMC5 should continue from the end of DMC1 on, with a witty DMC1-like Dante with some elements from DMC2 Dante's clothing. They can introduce Nero again if they want to, but he should make sense this time, and he shouldn't have the Devil Bringer if it can't be explained. And he shouldn't steal missions from Dante: you should be allowed to choose between Nero and Dante for each mission. But, I would rather see them focus on Nero or Dante alone, so that they can build on *one* character's story and gameplay. Dante would probably be the best candidate. I don't know what the plot should be about, but maybe they should expound upon what happened with Nero Angelo/Vergil.

- The gameplay should be an improved version of DMC4, without backtracking, and with more exciting platforming like in Bayonetta or Bayonetta 2. Platforming shouldn't just be a boring QTE meant for bridging gaps and making the map seem bigger than it really is. Also, I don't find a malice mechanic necessary - good level design first, and we'll see about weird environmental effects later. Speaking of environmental effects, DMC5 could incorporate active weather, by which I mean that it could spontaneously become overcast, start raining, etc.
It would be nice if it had combinations of styles, like Swordslinger or maybe Desperado (a combination of Gunslinger and Trickster). More customization when it comes to your appearance would also be nice, though a set of costumes like in DMC3 would be good enough.
Weapon customization would be amazing - it doesn't have to be deep. Just imagine tweaking Ebony and Ivory, or even Rebellion. Maybe add damage types, such as fire or lightning.

- The visual style should be similar to DMC1, though maybe not so dark all the time, as it gets monotonous. More manic or moody sometimes. More varied, basically. It can still be slightly anime-ish, like every DMC has been.

- The soundtrack should get your blood pumping, and the lyrics should make sense. No pseudo-English created by random Japanese people like in DMC3's battle themes: ''lifeless corpse as far as the eye can see?'' ''My love yearns your suffer?''...no. Just no. And I think Noisia and stuff wouldn't really fit classic DMC visuals and characters.

Last edited:

ArabPikachu

I'd like to see a DMC5 that is unrelated to DMC4. I don't care about the story they built there anymore, I rather just get an unrelated sequel with no story tie ins that starts a story of it's own. Not a fresh start, just a stand alone one, just like how RE4 isn't relevant to all the other RE games? Yeah, like that.

Using RE4 as an example isn't a good analogy because Capcom made Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles to help RE4 connect the dots with its' predecessors

@Back on-topic
It's difficult for me to decide what I want most in regards to a new entry in this series

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was initially interested in the idea of showing us more of Dante's pre-DMC3/Post DMC3 life but that would better material for another spinoff anime or a live action adaptation(whether a movie or TV show) as Dante has a sense of purpose that he lacks in the post DMC1 stories such as DMC2/anime/4 where he just feels shoehorned in.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
What I want, what the fans want, and what the series needs are radically different things.

The series needs to answer all the questions it raised upon introducing Nero and his arm, especially now that the Devil May Cry 3142 Art Book has confirmed him to be Vergil's offspring. Going from DMC2 would be awkward, since none of the questions surrounding Nero were answered, and he was never closed as a plot-point.

And as much as I want a DmC2, the original series needs a fitting conclusion so that the rebooted universe has room to breathe.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Isn't this thread about what you personally would most like to see next? So really, what the series 'needs' isn't the subject. The series doesn't *need* to do anything. If Capcom wants to, they can just retcon DMC4 or ignore it. That's pretty much what they did with DMC2 too. Art books don't confirm anything - I don't think anyone has officially confirmed that Nero is Vergil's son. All kinds of 'official' things get scribbled in artbooks, even ideas that didn't make the cut. Was Nero being Vergil's son the idea? Most likely. But honestly, I have no idea what Capcom has decided Nero is, if they've decided anything at all.

I'd still say continue from the end of DMC1 onward, with a DMC1-like Dante with DMC2 clothing influences. DMC2 and DMC4 don't need to be part of the mix. But if they do want to continue with a game set after DMC4, they should indeed answer some questions - such as why Vergil had a son in the first place, and the origin of his arm. I'd rather see Nero get a real Devil Trigger, as that would probably make more sense than having just a Devil Trigger-like arm. The arm could become an interesting mechanic, though... even more so than in DMC4. You could do some awesome things with it, like Bayonetta can with her hair.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
there was a joke thread about a new DMC game called "sins of the father" and I thought a better plot would be to focus on the sins of Eva rather than Sparda because learning about Eva's sins would affect/challenge Dante more since he seems to hold his mother in higher esteem than his dad.

Plus we've been dealing with Sparda's sins since the beginning so it wouldn't hurt to learn more about Eva and answer a ton of questions on her and Dante's early life.

The Final Offer

What I want is the continuation of DMC and DmC.

What I'd like is if we'd get a hint at a new Devil May Cry.

What I'd love would be DmC 2 and DMC 5 releasing as a bundle.

Dante: "What's this?"
Kat: "I don't know, some woman on a motorcycle said it's a house warming gift."
Dante: "The Legend of Sparda....."

Kaim Argonar

Most certainly DMC5. Hopfully with Dante as lead again, picking up right after DMC2 with Dante's journey to hell. Nero should be a supporting character this time around but still playable/ relevant to the story so that he can be fleshed out. I imagine the story revolving around Dante, Lucia and Trish (imo I should be Trish whom Lucia hears driving up to the shop at the end of DMC2). Wouldn't mind seeing Lady again either as long as she isn't shoehorned in at the last minute or something.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Most certainly DMC5. Hopfully with Dante as lead again, picking up right after DMC2 with Dante's journey to hell. Nero should be a supporting character this time around but still playable/ relevant to the story so that he can be fleshed out. I imagine the story revolving around Dante, Lucia and Trish (imo I should be Trish whom Lucia hears driving up to the shop at the end of DMC2). Wouldn't mind seeing Lady again either as long as she isn't shoehorned in at the last minute or something.
But Dante is a very different guy in DMC2 than he is in DMC4, when Nero is introduced. How would Capcom explain Dante's change in personality? Or would they just retcon what happened in DMC2? Would they pretend DMC2's plot didn't actually happen, or what?
I'm asking this because people really didn't like the DMC2 incarnation of Dante, and they didn't particularly care for the other characters either. Even its story was considered pretty 'meh'. Capcom pretty much ignores DMC2 any chance they get. How would a sequel to DMC2 with Dante and Nero work?

Top Bottom