• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you most like to see next?

What would you most like to see next?

• Total voters

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
What would you most like to see next in regards to another entry in the Devil May Cry series? Post your thoughts here, and be sure to vote in the poll. :)

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'd like to see a DMC5 that is unrelated to DMC4. I don't care about the story they built there anymore, I rather just get an unrelated sequel with no story tie ins that starts a story of it's own. Not a fresh start, just a stand alone one, just like how RE4 isn't relevant to all the other RE games? Yeah, like that.

Last edited:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i said DmC2 but coming in at a close second was a sparda prequel

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
A DmC2 honestly.

But for DMC5, I'd like to see better then what we got from DMC4. Better story, better gameplay, better level designing, Koboyashi must say away, A better Dante then DMC4, better clothes designing, and all in all a better Devil May Cry game from the original series. 2 out of 4 good games in the series isn't the best look from a series that "redefined the Hack n' Slash genre".

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I would like to see they stepping up what they made in DMC4, a Nero with his own unique styles, and more devil arms, similar to Dante. I wouldn't mind if they rehash Dante from DMC4 (in terms of gameplay) and give him more devil arms, even new styles, make the player choose 3 devil arms and 4 styles at the start of a level or before a boss (just like in DMC3).

As ef9 said, i would like to see Dante having the spotlight again.

Sunaka Marién

DmC 2 for me.
I got to the point where I don't really care for the original series anymore. The only way I'd lay a finger on a DMC5 would be if Nero was to be left out completely and if Dante returned to his DMC1/SMT/PXZ self. Or if they'd continue with a completely new character, that'd be pretty interesting to see.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I want to see Devil May Cry return to being a video game series, like Ninja Gaiden was before NG3, a series that doesn't care about story and just wants to be good video games.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Something frivolous like a crossover with other capcom properties or Ninja Gaiden would be cool or him having a genuine adventure like hanging out with Sun wukong. Sparda's been around for thousands of year, he must have some phone book.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I would be okay with a DMC5 continuing from the DMC4 story-but as others have said, giving Dante more of the spotlight, or at the very least, equal footing, with different enemies/levels. Or hell, even having the ability to choose between Nero or Dante for all missions-playing through with both unlocking specific achievements, costumes, etc.

I'd also be okay with them continuing on from DMC2 (which I still haven't finished...in all fairness, gaming hasn't been top priority lately, which is why). Whether Nero makes an appearance or not, I'd be okay with it, though a little sad if not. I figure a game incorporating all of the major characters would be a good way to go-because if such a game were created, I imagine it would be the last one of that particular era. Not sure if Trish, Lady, or Lucia would be playable or not, but if they're in the storyline, it would be nice to see them in all of their ass-kicking glory.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
A Vergil or Nero game, I really think Capcom needs to make more spin-off games
(Dead Rising: Lost Cases (showing what Frank and Chuck were doing in between 2 and 3, and explaining Frank's absence, and bring back Otis, just to annoy the 2 protagonist. ))
(Proto-man)
(Diego Armando: Ace Attorney Investigations 3, in which a loophole in the law allows Godot to retake the BAR exam and become a prosecutor again after serving his time (Simon Blackquill needs to get a personality before getting his own game)( and Klavier is too comedic to carry on one of the investigation games)
( I totally just used this as an excuse to make a spin-off wish list)
But one thing to remember about a spin-off starring Sparda. Is probably something I learned from being a comic book nerd.
You have to tread carefully.
Part of the fun of characters like Deadpool, the Phantom Stranger, the Joker, and more.
Is that when you have a character whose origin is mysterious and distorted. That adds to part of the fun because it leaves you room to make your own assumptions and such.
And as recently demonstrated with Deadpool, whose pre-Weapon X life used to be shown in only bits and pieces, once the full origin is revealed. The character loses a lot of cool things about them.
With Sparda, the mysterious origin story is the biggest part of the character, if you're gonna show it, you'll have to do it damn well.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind a new lead character but that's something that might not appeal to a lot of people who rather play as Dante or Vergil and Nero shows the difficulty of creating a new lead and trying to get them accepted.

But Im not against a title with nero or vergil or both. A great way to disprove the claim that Nero is a clone of Dante/Vergil is to set him as a foil to Vergil and have Vergil point them out etc.

Last edited:

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
See I'm stuck down the middle because personally I wanna see all of them (working on a fanfic combining options 2 & 4) but if done right any of them could be amazing.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
id love to see a 4 player co-op devil may cry with Dante Vergil Nero and Sparda
how are Vergil and Sparda alive? i don't really care how but it would be awesome to be able to play as all of them

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
A DMC3 Reboot.

The old story is just so out of whack, and the fact that you need to go to a Time Statue just to choose the style you want -- I say you can have all the styles, a new setting, and a better-written story that doesn't feel the need to retcon everything in sight and still leave the audience so many unanswered questions anyway.

They won't even confirm whether or not Vergil died. At least make that clear when you reach the end of the game.

But, no one wants that, so I'll just go ahead and say DmC2.

Top Bottom