• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was the real reason for DMC being rebooted?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I'm partially correct with my OP Dante's character development,appearances and personalities are terribly inconsistent and he's acting like a pretentious idiot and that's my Opinion and i'm pretty damn sure many people who're reading this thread would agree with me on that and why should i restrain myself from saying that ? i don't know..

Unrealistic = Yes it always was

But out of logic ? Dante has MPD ? lady dresses like a hore ? Dante suddenly has obsession with circus clothing ? At least they could've shown in a cutscene where he bumps his brain and gets retarded and then DMC4 starts it should've been bouns video or something

Because honestly devs if you're continuing the same story at least make it believable that the story and character personalities are consistent

Yes from a far far distance maybe....

What is up with the boots ? who the hell cares what he wears for his boots ? that's the last thing which comes to my mind when i think about any character's appearance -_-"

Nah the design of older coat was simple
Devil-May-Cry-Dante-Halloween-Cosplay-Costume-373_2.jpg

.. this one's fancy

Untitled.jpg

dem pants just make me double faceapalm......

Well its a standard kind of outfits used in many movies.. i liked DMC 1 dante's costume in DMC3 i would've loved to see some in DMC 4

Yes ! you're right that's what he needs to do don a fancy costume fu*k!ng around like an immature jackass like he was in DMC 3 totally forgetting that he has a really bad past and he shouldn't be acting like this in the first place

What the.. do you boot fetish or something ? because what a character's wearing on his/her feet is the last thing i notice

If you have perfectly working eyes you can see what is what

danterose.jpg
why did he cut off two fingers ? lady gaga does something like that too for the sake of "fashion"

I guess the gloves are again part of his image. It shows he's less serious than the one from DMC1. Look, I get that you don't like DMC4 Dante, but what did this have to do with the thread? And why do you feel the need to tell everyone your opinion again and again? We get it.

Jeezie Christ, you mentioned his appearance all the time, then I reply with a comment about his boots, his coat and all that (what makes his appearance), and YOU choose to focus on me talking about his boots. Don't just take things out of context for the sake of arguing/rubbing someone the wrong way.

I honestly don't see the problem. So Dante wears a bit more leather this time around. So what? I think it suits him, and that's that. No need to reply again, telling me ''it's stupid''. That's an opinion, so don't go around saying your opinion is fact. I'm sure you don't mean to, but it does come across like that.

Dante has pretty much the same appearance. If he wears a slightly different coat in DMC4, different pants and different boots, I wouldn't say he's an inconsistent character. He still wears red, he still has white hair, he still has a long coat, he's still got Rebellion. I'm pretty sure there are many more characters that go through bigger change. Deal with it.

I will agree, though, that I too find Lady's appearance in DMC4 to be far removed from DMC3. And the big knockers - pardon my French - was maybe the biggest problem, because the rest of her seemed alright for an older version of her.

I believe we were talking mainly about Dante's appearance. I agree that DMC4 Dante had to make too little effort to defeat enemies, and that he didn't go through change and all that. I never said I didn't agree about that. For me, that was that. I'm not going to reply again, because I don't feel like getting into an argument about how my opinion must be wrong and yours is right.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
And why do you feel the need to tell everyone your opinion again and again? We get it
What coincidence i was about to say the same thing !
I believe we were talking mainly about Dante's appearance
Because you're being oversensitive over everything i say about DMC 4 dante and you're still having trouble in getting over my first point that his attire sucks..
Dante has pretty much the same appearance

Going by your logic even Ranga the bloodedge is Dante because he has white hair and red coat..

images

So don't go around saying your opinion is fact. I'm sure you don't mean to, but it does come across like that.

WHEN DID I SAY that my opinion is a fact ?

His personalities& Appearances aren't consistent and its an established fact

I hate DMC 4 dante its my personal opinion

A protagonist has to be more then just a clown DMC 4 dante clearly wasn't that's why he sucks and DmC dante is better then DMC 4 dante in every possible way

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
What coincidence i was about to say the same thing !

Because you're being oversensitive over everything i say about DMC 4 dante and you're still having trouble in getting over my first point that his attire sucks..

Going by your logic even Ranga the bloodedge is Dante because he has white hair and red coat..

images

WHEN DID I SAY that my opinion is a fact ?

His personalities& Appearances aren't consistent and its an established fact

I hate DMC 4 dante its my personal opinion

A protagonist has to be more then just a clown DMC 4 dante clearly wasn't that's why he sucks and DmC dante is better then DMC 4 dante in every possible way

His attire is part of his appearance! Effin hell, do you even understand what the word 'appearance' means? Don't make a problem of everything.

That 'Bloodedge' is not Dante because of his background, etc etc etc.

You're making it sound like your opinion is fact. THAT'S THE POINT. You keep saying 'DMC4 Dante is an idiot' or DMC4 Dante is a terrible character ' or what have you, and it's just not true. We get that's your opinion, but don't bash on other people when they give their opinions.

DMC4 Dante isn't even 'just a clown'. If you can't see the underlying themes, you should play DMC4 again.
Look, I'm done here. If you want to keep responding, that's fine, but it's not going to help this thread. It's clear we have conflicting opinions. And you're not going to convince me you're right and I'm wrong, as that's impossible in the case of opinions. Also, it's 'better than', not 'better then'.

Age of Nero

The End is the Beginning is the End!
I'm partially correct with my OP Dante's character development,appearances and personalities are terribly inconsistent and he's acting like a pretentious idiot and that's my Opinion and i'm pretty damn sure many people who're reading this thread would agree with me on that and why should i restrain myself from saying that ? i don't know..

Unrealistic = Yes it always was

But out of logic ? Dante has MPD ? lady dresses like a hore ? Dante suddenly has obsession with circus clothing ? At least they could've shown in a cutscene where he bumps his brain and gets retarded and then DMC4 starts it should've been bouns video or something

Because honestly devs if you're continuing the same story at least make it believable that the story and character personalities are consistent

Yes from a far far distance maybe....

What is up with the boots ? who the hell cares what he wears for his boots ? that's the last thing which comes to my mind when i think about any character's appearance -_-"

Nah the design of older coat was simple
Devil-May-Cry-Dante-Halloween-Cosplay-Costume-373_2.jpg

.. this one's fancy

Untitled.jpg

dem pants just make me double faceapalm......

Well its a standard kind of outfits used in many movies.. i liked DMC 1 dante's costume in DMC3 i would've loved to see some in DMC 4

Yes ! you're right that's what he needs to do don a fancy costume fu*k!ng around like an immature jackass like he was in DMC 3 totally forgetting that he has a really bad past and he shouldn't be acting like this in the first place

What the.. do you boot fetish or something ? because what a character's wearing on his/her feet is the last thing i notice

If you have perfectly working eyes you can see what is what

danterose.jpg
why did he cut off two fingers ? lady gaga does something like that too for the sake of "fashion"

Playing M rated games at young age and having a preference in a video game character is not the same thing

eh.. did i miss something ? because i never mentioned about anyone's opinion being inferior

well for me his outfit and personality in DMC 4 is downright terrible... not because he isn't fun because he's nothing like the character he's supposed to be

IN the end he just comes off like as cheap version of DMC3 who's not likable anymore and ruben can pretty much do a nice mature dante while keeping his coolness as seen in anime
roflmfao Your sarcasm got me laughing hard! I know you're being honest here as well, but the some of your responses were just halarious- esp. the double face palm reaction! xP
As for the boot part/his appearance, I admit that the cowboy look he had me like o_____- (major WTF!)
As for the gloves, I never understood why he did cut out only 2 fingers, but in the other games, they were all cut out- some weird gloves he has in 4... :|

Age of Nero

The End is the Beginning is the End!
dude you're talking logic in DMC Dante has a giant sword in his back with no freaking grip + he's a demon who can just direct swords to his hands as shown in the anime..

yeah the belts make him look like an action figure lmao

AH... RE6 is one screwed up game on its own
lol I still like it though- the story plot at least. The play though, they made it near as hard as Operation Raccoon City. I'm a patient person w/ gaming, but do prefer to see how the games end & what rewards/trophies/points/etc. can be received- but when a game is too difficult to play, my patience run rather thin! xP
IDK about anyone else out there, but Leon's play was OK, but on Chris's, it became difficult around the end- but then on Jake's, that's where I quit & haven't played since. :/

Top Bottom