• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was the real reason for DMC being rebooted?

InJoshtice

Official DmC FANBOY
I thought it was all about the Money for Capcom, but the reboot is predicted to sell less than Devil may cry 4
(the most sold DMC to date)
Maybe its because Capcom Japan tried to bring in new customers with Nero (Young and cool) but failed so they thought they'd give a western developer a chance.

VergilNeroDante

Well everyone know that they should have just tried to explain things like what everyone wanted but they just ignored it and screwed themselves on the original. Sure I love it to death but honestly I wish they would learn from their mistakes and tweak things to make them better.

Slacri

The video does show points, but it's really coming from a DMC fan who's still sore in the ass about the change. Plus that was before we knew everything about this Dante at all from how he feels about his mother to his relationship with other people.
Actually, if you watch the guy's videos he's not a huge DMC fan. He's more into Metal Gear and Resident Evil. I don't understand the whole idea of "You just hate it because it's change." though. It's used by almost every DmC supporter and it's a ridiculous logical fallacy that avoids any points someone makes against the game.

The video pretty much described DMC3 Dante actually.
Elaborate?

Age of Nero

The End is the Beginning is the End!
There might already be a thread regarding this but i may have missed it whenever i was scrolling along looking at what to read but honestly what was the real reason for DMC getting a reboot?
My guess is not only for more money/income, but to start the story from scratch & rebuild it up in order this time. But it's a guess.

Age of Nero

I've checked out some of the cutscenes (3 out of 19 so far) for the new DmC reboot & find it enticing... but the old is the original. I'm happy w/ how things are finally being explained in more depth in the new one, but I hope that if new stories, Capcom STILL will make a DMC5 anyway! :p

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
DMC 4 sucked commercially kinda

and the story in the series was done for and their dumb heads couldn't come up with an assuring story... so they just said fu*k it lets just reboot this bitch

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
That's what I have noticed on most people. But I love both the original and DmC so what's the problem.

Be a FAN, not a FANBOY.

Fanboys are usually the ones who support anything that comes from a certain company - in this case Capcom. Support without using one's brain, until there's not much left, like with RE6. So, I don't think you know what the aforementioned terms imply.

Age of Nero

DMC 4 sucked commercially kinda

and the story in the series was done for and their dumb heads couldn't come up with an assuring story... so they just said fu*k it lets just reboot this bitch
That may be the case. :| IDU how ppl run out of ideas & go with repeats on things (esp. like movies), but they don't hire others to help come out with more stories. I mean, it's not that hard! -___-
But I watched all 19 scenes of DMC- very good plot 7 all, but the vulgarity is too much, esp. on the succubus scene. :/ I liked the fact things were explained, but overall, I wasn't as thrilled- esp. the fact they made Vergil appear happy go lucky until the end, but he still behaved as if a happy go lucky manner!! I just hope that if they continue this, they STILL come out with a DMC5. If not, I fear all hope is lost with Capcom for the DMC series.

Age of Nero

Fanboys are usually the ones who support anything that comes from a certain company - in this case Capcom. Support without using one's brain, until there's not much left, like with RE6. So, I don't think you know what the aforementioned terms imply.
I notice many ppl aren't crazy about RE6, but there are some who love the game. But I'm 50/50! :p I love the story plot & how there are 4 different sides- that's a genius idea- but the play was ridiculously hard!

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I mean, it's not that hard! -___-

Its not hard to come up with a good story but it is hard to market it profitably

For ex: RE 4 beta had a more interesting story

In this one Leon is affected by the prognetor virus during an investigation in some umbrella lab and he starts hallucinating.. the premise is pretty dark and lonely thus makes the story more interesting

(Prognetor virus comes from the Code-veronica but las plagas was just made up)

in RE 4 you just get Leon going there shooting people in the face saving president's daughter.. but still was successful

but overall, I wasn't as thrilled
exactly the story made sense but hell wasn't even good...
the fact they made Vergil appear happy go lucky until the end
Well its understandable they're making him a human character more manipulative and sleazy rahter then just SLICK and awesome badass

I fear all hope is lost with Capcom for the DMC series

Its Capcom... i think DMC series is done for

Age of Nero

Its not hard to come up with a good story but it is hard to market it profitably

For ex: RE 4 beta had a more interesting story

In this one Leon is affected by the prognetor virus during an investigation in some umbrella lab and he starts hallucinating.. the premise is pretty dark and lonely thus makes the story more interesting

(Prognetor virus comes from the Code-veronica but las plagas was just made up)

in RE 4 you just get Leon going there shooting people in the face saving president's daughter.. but still was successful

exactly the story made sense but hell wasn't even good...

Well its understandable they're making him a human character more manipulative and sleazy rahter then just SLICK and awesome badass

Its Capcom... i think DMC series is done for
Got your point- thx for sharing the vid clip too. I've seen that one a # of times & thought "why didn't they make an additional of that to RE4?!"
DMC done for? Oh no.... there will be massive complaints. If DMC fans unite & write to Capcom- if we get enough ppl- they may make changes again. Other than that, I stop at DMC4. I will not purchase the reboot whether I thought the story plot was good or not- long story short: there were an abundance of things in that version that erked me, plus, they completely changed Vergil to the max, & they changed Dante quite a bit, which is bad enough, but Vergil from click & silent to a happy go lucky?! Plz excuse me, but HELL no!!!! x[

Slacri

DMC4 was the best selling game in the franchise when it was released, but a lot of factors came into play.

Itsuno wanted to make his own series, Dragon's Dogma.

It is true that Capcom management surely wanted more sales, but their thinking was somewhat backwards. 2 million people bought DMC3 on the PS2, so they thought DMC4 would sell 4 million ( 2 on 360 and PS3 . Perhaps they didn't say this, but I'm sure they had some stupid idea in there to say "This is inadequate", as that is what they've been doing to constantly be losing their best developers.

Itsuno wanted to stop making DMC series and work on his own, which became Dragon's Dogma.

Keji Inafune became Capcom's general manger, and he saw bad habits. ( I get paid at the end of the week, so why try hard?) in Capcom Japan. He thinks western developers are more hungry and will try harder = he outsources IP's to be made by western developers. Some are successful ( Dead Rising 1 and 2, 2D Bionic Commando games ) and some flopped ( 3D Bionic Commando game and Dark Void ).

Keji also sees that DMC4 was not up to quality, as it was a rushed product (really the Capcom management wanted money NOW instead of taking time to make the game great in the first place). Game is rushed, 1st half stages are reused for 2nd half, filler dice game etc.

He sees Ninja Theory can do good writing because they hired contract movie-script writers for Heavenly Sword & Enslaved games, and green lights the project. They are hired to remake DMC.

Keji Inafune leaves Capcom.

Nobody at Capcom puts a leash on Ninja Theory, where Tameem Antoniades makes his dream game Heavenly Sword 2.0 instead of DMC 5.0. Once the game is practically done, Itsuno has to come in and fix the combat with duct tape and glue with the engine that already exists.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Got your point- thx for sharing the vid clip too.
DMC done for? Oh no.... there were an abundance of things in that version that erked me, plus, they completely changed Vergil to the max, but Vergil from click & silent to a happy go lucky?! Plz excuse me, but HELL no!!!! x[
The Character changes were bound to happen personally i kinda like this version of vergil he has more depth in his character but its never used to its full potential due to the boring plot.. well lets see what happens in the DLC "Vergil's downfall"

I would be more grateful if they just keep the difference between DMC and DmC characters otherwise it would be pretty lazy for a reboot
why didn't they make an additional of that to RE4
Because they completely deleted that idea and the team working on that :(
they changed Dante quite a bit, which is bad enough
Well he was changed in every game dude.. i love the first Dante.. but i hate all other dante's Character&appearance wise..

dmc1dante.jpg
1's Dante Just PERFECT BADASS !
images
2's dante too silent and gloomy
images
3's dante too animeish and loud mouted little brat (But it was okay for his age)
images
4's dante just UGH.. WTF ? why isn't he like DMC1's dante ?

mqdefault.jpg
Well.. um it was expected now he's an alley hooligan hooray!

DMC4 was the best selling game in the franchise when it was released, but a lot of factors came into play.
That's because DMC 4 was multi-platform and if you compare DMC HD collection it sells more then DmC
Keji Inafune leaves Capcom.
talk about unfulfilled deeds of kenji

He made Megaman X for psp and It WAS BEST Megaman X game i've ever PLAYED ! why the truck he didn't make more ? i don't have an idea..

Slacri

That's because DMC 4 was multi-platform and if you compare DMC HD collection it sells more then DmC
Even comparing it to other multi-platform games of the genre like Bayonetta it sold a lot more. I really doubt DMC HD sold more than DmC other than Amazon sales.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Also consider that most of the teams that once worked on DMC, including 3 and 4, left Capcom to join Kamiya over in forming P*, so Capcom was kind'a left hanging there. They didn't have a whole lot of choice but to either hand it to a team that had little experiance internally with the franchise...or outscource it.

VergilNeroDante

Come to an agreement and allow P* to help work with the game series. Also the reason to why Dante didn't look like he did in DMC 1 oppose to DMC 4 is simply because of the graphics.

Top Bottom