• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was the real reason for DMC being rebooted?

VergilNeroDante

There might already be a thread regarding this but i may have missed it whenever i was scrolling along looking at what to read but honestly what was the real reason for DMC getting a reboot?

VergilNeroDante

I was thinking a more vivid story, explanations for everything, newer environments and not alot of back tracking. If they are to end the original at the very least let it go out with style, a SSS style baby. I would love to enjoy playing the final piece while it explained everything because that would help out.

I understand why it would make anymore money because capcom sucks at story telling after the original creator left thats where it went down hill from there, the only relevant game were 3 and 1 and they at least fell into each other.

VergilNeroDante

Oh and what would make the reboot any different? Sure it might look decent but like i stated in a previous post im not buying it unless its DIRT cheap or i get it from someone. Other than that i would rather have a DMC 5.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Oh and what would make the reboot any different? Sure it might look decent but like i stated in a previous post im not buying it unless its DIRT cheap or i get it from someone. Other than that i would rather have a DMC 5.
like i said it all depends on what you would rather have i went in with the choice of either buying star ocean 2 or suikoden 4 and i bought the one that had the least confusing story and that would make since to me, and i'll just wait for DMC5

VergilNeroDante

Well you make sense. Im not going to buy this, i mean Vergil they kept pretty much the same but whatever i guess. I dontsee a good story after this game and it might as well end up like the original with the story going nowhere, but with NT's apparent great story telling i dont see where this story will interest me honestly.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Well you make sense. Im not going to buy this, i mean Vergil they kept pretty much the same but whatever i guess. I dontsee a good story after this game and it might as well end up like the original with the story going nowhere, but with NT's apparent great story telling i dont see where this story will interest me honestly.
i don't find the story that interesting i watched "they live" before going into this because people said it was similar and its REALLY similar so instead im looking for hidden gems for the hack n slash genre :D

VergilNeroDante

I think i might check that out but overall i just dont like the direction of the series and i dont know what Capcom was on either but its their series and since they are the developers of it they can do whatever they want.

I found this video interesting on why the new Donte is lame :D

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I think i might check that out but overall i just dont like the direction of the series and i dont know what Capcom was on either but its their series and since they are the developers of it they can do whatever they want.

yeah i've seen the video and i can agree with it

VergilNeroDante

Well it makes a good point on why the new character is flawed the most. I cant enjoy the game either because of the dialogue. Capcom shouldnt have done the reboot because they felt like it needed to be. I just thought the series had better potenial than this because sure the gaps were wide but that doesnt mean that they couldnt have closed those by giving the explaination in the next installment, and if they decide to do another DMC game not from the reboot but from the original i think Capcom will either give it to someone or really water it down and half ass it to where they will fall as a company. Vergil would have been an interesting thing to see but i dont know anymore with Capcom.

What do you tink if this game doesnt sell that great, what will happen?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Well it makes a good point on why the new character is flawed the most. I cant enjoy the game either because of the dialogue. Capcom shouldnt have done the reboot because they felt like it needed to be. I just thought the series had better potenial than this because sure the gaps were wide but that doesnt mean that they couldnt have closed those by giving the explaination in the next installment, and if they decide to do another DMC game not from the reboot but from the original i think Capcom will either give it to someone or really water it down and half ass it to where they will fall as a company. Vergil would have been an interesting thing to see but i dont know anymore with Capcom.

What do you tink if this game doesnt sell that great, what will happen?
if the game sells well? i've thought about it and it will most likely get sequels and either capcom won't feel the need to make DMC5 or they do and it sucks

VergilNeroDante

Well even with the reboot getting sequels, you might as well end the series and Capcom go under because of the **** poor decision making they did. I dont even know why the original creator left in the first place but with him there he could have made the series better without the reboot being needed that i know for sure. He hates the new Dante and the game, but honestly this is making want to just into college and create games now for some reason lol but i am not doing that, well not yet of course. I believe if they want to continue the original series first fill in those damn gaps to shut everyone up and i dont mean to just throw something in there, be realistic here and have it make sense.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
i want DMC5 to be the last one and for capcom to take their time on it !!! and i look at DmC and im like "yeah this looks pretty neat" and then i remember its supposed to be a devil may cry game and its nothing like DMC at all nothing about it besides names so can someone tell me why its not an original IP?! the old DMC should not end up like resident evil :'(

VergilNeroDante

Agreed! It shouldnt. The last installment should be where they should bring Nero, Dante, Vergil, Sparda, Eva, Lady, Trish, Kyrie and Mundus back in, altogether. The basic story would be based around Dante, the character design should go with the Dante concept like my avatar, doing his own thing but hears about Mundus's return for revenge but somehow acquired the power of Sparda. His part of the story will be based about and around his past and other areas including hell, explaining everything in detail, flash backs would be interesting for this part. Dante's main purpose would to be to finally to finish Mundus off once and forever. Maybe kill off one of the main characters since this would be the biggest installment to the original. Vergil would return and his story would be explained fro mthe events from DMC 3 to DMC 2 and past that into the next installment. After Mundus control Vergil becomes, like he use to be but not as a bad guy but he would get along with Dante and the others. Maybe show emotion idk. Nero's background would be explained in detail from his parents to his connection with Sparda. Sparda's story would be explained more in detail about what all he actually did in his time before he died, like Dante, Vergil and Nero would find clues about him which would relate to the story alittle.

Combat would return to as in DMC 4 but alittle tweaked with return of some older weapons and a few new ones of course.

Character design Dante, my avatar, Vergil giving the look almost like his father, and Nero slightly change the design and colors.

I could go further into detail which i might later on and then type it up here and see what people think, btu im sure people would state "thats not right and i could point out how that all wouldnt work"

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Agreed! It shouldnt. The last installment should be where they should bring Nero, Dante, Vergil, Sparda, Eva, Lady, Trish, Kyrie and Mundus back in, altogether. The basic story would be based around Dante, the character design should go with the Dante concept like my avatar, doing his own thing but hears about Mundus's return for revenge but somehow acquired the power of Sparda. His part of the story will be based about and around his past and other areas including hell, explaining everything in detail, flash backs would be interesting for this part. Dante's main purpose would to be to finally to finish Mundus off once and forever. Maybe kill off one of the main characters since this would be the biggest installment to the original. Vergil would return and his story would be explained fro mthe events from DMC 3 to DMC 2 and past that into the next installment. After Mundus control Vergil becomes, like he use to be but not as a bad guy but he would get along with Dante and the others. Maybe show emotion idk. Nero's background would be explained in detail from his parents to his connection with Sparda. Sparda's story would be explained more in detail about what all he actually did in his time before he died, like Dante, Vergil and Nero would find clues about him which would relate to the story alittle.

Combat would return to as in DMC 4 but alittle tweaked with return of some older weapons and a few new ones of course.

Character design Dante, my avatar, Vergil giving the look almost like his father, and Nero slightly change the design and colors.

I could go further into detail which i might later on and then type it up here and see what people think, btu im sure people would state "thats not right and i could point out how that all wouldnt work"
its sounds good (but you forgot lucia....everyone forgets her )

VergilNeroDante

Ah crap i made a post with her mentioned in it but i forgot her in this one lol but im willing to type up something huge if everyone would read it and give it a chance. But Vergil, Dante and Nero would have their own stories and of course they would be playable. Usually a game is aound 6+ Gigs. well Dante's would be like 6.7, Vergil 6.8 and Nero's would be 6.6 as well so overall the game would be a massive 18+ Gig of kicking ass lol of course make Vergil's and Nero's story DLC

VergilNeroDante

I think i will write everything down and then type it up here tomorrow sometime if your willing to read it Meg, of course there will be issues everyone will bring up. This reboot would be good in its own name just not DMC nor with the name of Dante. But thats my 2 cents on the matter. I feel it might not sale well either with all the backlash it has.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I think i will write everything down and then type it up here tomorrow sometime if your willing to read it Meg, of course there will be issues everyone will bring up. This reboot would be good in its own name just not DMC nor with the name of Dante. But thats my 2 cents on the matter. I feel it might not sale well either with all the backlash it has.
i would love to read :D im always open to peoples idea's about DMC5 and i agree that DmC might not sell well if i remember the pre orders have been pretty low so far

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Well besides having a WESTERN take on it. It's the same.

Wow. Does everyone bring this up everytime they want to hate Dante?

The video does show points, but it's really coming from a DMC fan who's still sore in the ass about the change. Plus that was before we knew everything about this Dante at all from how he feels about his mother to his relationship with other people.

The video pretty much described DMC3 Dante actually.

Well even with the reboot getting sequels, you might as well end the series and Capcom go under because of the **** poor decision making they did. I dont even know why the original creator left in the first place but with him there he could have made the series better without the reboot being needed that i know for sure. He hates the new Dante and the game, but honestly this is making want to just into college and create games now for some reason lol but i am not doing that, well not yet of course. I believe if they want to continue the original series first fill in those damn gaps to shut everyone up and i dont mean to just throw something in there, be realistic here and have it make sense.

He never said he hated new Dante. He said all Dante's are different from the one he created and that people should wait and see. And why should DMC as a whole end just because fans can't learn to man up and get over it? That's selfish for those who do like the reboot.

i want DMC5 to be the last one and for capcom to take their time on it !!! and i look at DmC and im like "yeah this looks pretty neat" and then i remember its supposed to be a devil may cry game and its nothing like DMC at all nothing about it besides names so can someone tell me why its not an original IP?! the old DMC should not end up like resident evil :'(

Yeah, because stinger, prop shredder, rainstorm, jump canceling, an evil brother, Mundus, killing demons, over drive, and a demon father named Sparda is so nothing like the old DMC at all.:/

i would love to read :D im always open to peoples idea's about DMC5 and i agree that DmC might not sell well if i remember the pre orders have been pretty low so far

Pre-orders don't determine a games success.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Wow. Does everyone bring this up everytime they want to hate Dante?

The video does show points, but it's really coming from a DMC fan who's still sore in the ass about the change. Plus that was before we knew everything about this Dante at all from how he feels about his mother to his relationship with other people.

Uh huh. I have a mixed feeling of why I can't watch that video.

Also, OP's posts gives me cancer. Ugh.

Top Bottom