• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What kind of sword would Sparda be classified as?

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
A scimitar and a katana are only sharp on one edge of the blade, but they aren't axes.
yes but a sword is one continuous piece of metal with a handle fixed on one end and an axe is a axe head with a seperate handle

ZeroLove

yes but a sword is one continuous piece of metal with a handle fixed on one end and an axe is a axe head with a seperate handle

In all the media Sparda (the weapon) has been mentioned, it's been called a sword. So I don't think it would be classified an axe.

Sparda_1.jpg

I do see what you mean with a blade attached to a handle, but that's made so it can turn into a scythe. If it was all made out of one piece, it wouldn't be able to transform like that. Also, the weapon is demonic, so I don't think the normal rules of how to classify a weapon abide to it. One last thing, if it really was an axe, then why does it transform into Force Edge which is a sword instead of an actual axe?

Laurence Barnes

Premium
In all the media Sparda (the weapon) has been mentioned, it's been called a sword. So I don't think it would be classified an axe.

Sparda_1.jpg

I do see what you mean with a blade attached to a handle, but that's made so it can turn into a scythe. If it was all made out of one piece, it wouldn't be able to transform like that. Also, the weapon is demonic, so I don't think the normal rules of how to classify a weapon abide to it. One last thing, if it really was an axe, then why does it transform into Force Edge which is a sword instead of an actual axe?
a scythe and an axe are tools turned into weapons but a sword is a weapon from the start and as that whatever it is its clearly designed to kill and is demonic its in a class of its own

ZeroLove

a scythe and an axe are tools turned into weapons but a sword is a weapon from the start and as that whatever it is its clearly designed to kill and is demonic its in a class of its own

Uhm, that's a nice piece of info which I already knew, but it didn't really answer my question.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
it
So you deny trying to answer my question by saying it's not real? You could just say that you don't have an answer.
is an answer its not real so anything is possible....it might turn into a lolipop in the reboot XD

ZeroLove

im not dodging it im just stating an opinion

It's cool. ^^
In any case, I think 'normal' weapons are kinda boring, such as swords and axes. The more exotic weapons are cooler, the weapons that are less common, like a whip or a scythe. Those might be my favourite types of weapons, hence why Ivy and Zasalamel from Soul Calibur are my two favourite characters of that series. :D
It's why I just define Sparda as a demon blade instead of just calling it a sword or an axe, because it simply does not do it justice.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
It's cool. ^^
In any case, I think 'normal' weapons are kinda boring, such as swords and axes. The more exotic weapons are cooler, the weapons that are less common, like a whip or a scythe. Those might be my favourite types of weapons, hence why Ivy and Zasalamel from Soul Calibur are my two favourite characters of that series. :D
It's why I just define Sparda as a demon blade instead of just calling it a sword or an axe, because it simply does not do it justice.
im more guns and technology but if i had to pick a melee weapon it would be wrist blades

ZeroLove

*punch guy in chest*
guy: that didnt hurt *wristblades extend*
guy: ugh dying blah

And then it springs out as a scythe through his chest and cuts him in half, blood and intestines all over the place!!!

Sorry, got a little out of hand there. XD

Top Bottom