• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your favorite castlevania

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
You're not the only one. I honestly spent a more hours than i should have playing it just to craft all weapons, and also to level up and explore the different kinds of evolution of innocent devils.

yep, exactly that, the weapon crafting, demon forging and levelling up was the thing that hooked me up, plus the world was also fun to explore, wasn't limited to exploring castle --tho this was somewhat the point to CASTLEvania.. and funnily i missed that in LoS and LoS 2

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I am a hardcore castlevania fan and i love los2 it is in my top 3 of the series and i have played em all, when you exploit the combat you can create cancels and do fantastic combos it makes it a different game

Your not alone in loving los2 ha i am sure my avi and sig highlight it

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
a lot of hardcore castlevania fans are gonna hate me for this, but LoS2. i really love that game.
If you don't think my word as a fan is sacred, allow me to point to a friend I have in real life.

This guy is a hardcore Castlevania fan. He's collected and played every game in the series, from the Famicom to the PC-Engine...he has MET Igarashi, gone to countless conventions dressed up as Richter, and I'm fairly certain he'd legally change his name to Belmont if he could. And on top of all that, he loves Lords of Shadow 2 so much that it actually dislodged Rondo of Blood as his favorite game in the series.

You aren't in the minority, pal. A lot of hardcore Castlevania fans like Lords of Shadow. It's just become a cool thing for non-fans to trash the game for being a "God of War-clone"...because I assume none of these plebs played Legacy of Kain, and saw how much God of War copied from THAT.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
curse of darkness, i'm a minority

Curse of Darkness really was great, I also feel I'm in the minority for being a fan of it.

The scope of the game was actually HUGE with areas outside the castle as such as forests, chapels,machine towers, and many more areas.

I also loved the devel forging system as well as being able to craft various weapons as well as find various weapons which really gave me more of a symphony of the night vibe since lament of innocence lacked weapons like swords (unless you count joachim),spears,and hammers.

And the music was simply the best score out of the CV series for me, they really broke the mold with that soundtrack that was simply fantastic, even better than SOTN in my honest opinion.

But a few major things made the game lower in my book despite me enjoying it a lot was the fact that it completely lacked platforming which is a staple for the CV series.

Another thing was as I pointed out earlier the game is actually pretty big, and yet Hector is pretty darn slow, its like he is just taking a brisk jog through areas which makes it so tedious and thanks to lack of platforming it makes it boring.

And last but not least is the uninspired castlevania castle in the game which doesn't feel like THE castle of Dracula and is so bland, the very weird thing is that the abandoned castle at the beginning of the game feels more like castlevania than the actually castlevania in the game...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Your not curse of darkness was good i love the sorrow games and sotn and all the 2d games a lot and am currently on another marathon of all the games at the moment

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I wish there were lycans in los2 , los1 had better enemy design but los2 had better ai and combat
I have feeling LoS2 was a little rushed. If they took more time to make better concept for the world around you and better enemies, it would have been more interesting.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The castle and underworld.was cool but the sciences district was very boring, I loved the goatling and otjer demons though.It was nice having aggressive enemies that blocked and had unblockable attacks, they were smart too attacking in groups which is why the combat is so great.The weapon switching is pretty fluid and makes for some great aerial combat and cancels, and mist form is ace I love it andif you use the double jump and then somersault just before landing and then sromp down and mist teleport you can do five evades and jumps which looks epic

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Can I say the Rondo of Blood remake that was at the beginning of Symphony of the Night?
That's allowed, since it was a slightly easier game than the original.

See, 2.5D graphics slow every thing down just enough to notice the difference.

@ef9 o shea

The "science world" would've been a lot better had Mercury Steam waited for the sequel and only focused on that.

But you're right, just having the castle world in LoS2 would've been a lot better because it would've had more development time on it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That's allowed, since it was a slightly easier game than the original.

See, 2.5D graphics slow every thing down just enough to notice the difference.

@ef9 o shea

The "science world" would've been a lot better had Mercury Steam waited for the sequel and only focused on that.

But you're right, just having the castle world in LoS2 would've been a lot better because it would've had more development time on it.

To clarify, I don't mean the Dracula X Chronicles version of Rondo of Blood on PSP that had Symphony of the Night on it, I mean in the opening portion of Symphony of the Night where you played the ending of Rondo of Blood with Richter fighting Dracula, where we got out beloved "What is a man!?" speech :p

Top Bottom