• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your favorite castlevania

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
As the title suggest guys what is your favorite of the series

my personal favorite is symphony of the night , I love 2d games and that game was epic

My second is dawn of sorrow

and third is the lords of shadow trilogy

more so lords of shadow 2 as when you open up the combat you can do this

I have been experimenting with the combat in los1-2 lately and am hoping to upload vids of it to YouTube at some point

anyway what are your favorites and who are your favorite characters etc
mine are classic alucard and los alucard and personal fav gabriel belmont

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I mostly played from this series Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow and liked those games for GBA and NDS, also liked Order of Ecclesia for NDS too. For chars I would not tell for now as Im experimenting with this series and would play more to tell.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I have played nearly all of them myself , the earlier ones were quite similar almost too much but from sotn and citcle of the moon on the series was awesome

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The original NES game, and Symphony of the Night.

Since you dig Castlevania, have you ever played Bloodrayne: Betrayal? It's an amazing homage to old school Castlevania games and better than all the other Bloodrayne games. You should definitely check it out.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Another metroidvania lover boo ya :D

ya I agree a DMC style metroidvania game would be awesome , actually a metroid game would be nice even samus needs a comeback

Ixbran

Smashing~
another series im a minority in
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness
Castlevania Judgment

I love LoD's sound track, and it was the game that got me into the franchise. I loved playingh as Carrie, Cornel, and Henrry. Not so much Reignheart.

And judgement, while not the best game in the series, it was interesting seeing them experiment with something new in Castlevania. I personally love playing it, and its music is EPIC <3

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
In order of games I have played from best on down.

1.Castlevania Symphony of the Night
2.Super Castlevania 4
3.Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
4.Castlevania Circle of the Moon
5.Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
6.Castlevanai Lament of Innocence
7.Castlevania Bloodlines
8.Castlevania Dracula X Rondo of Blood (includes the remake Dracula X Chronicles which is same game but with updated graphics)
9.Castlevania
10.Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest
11.Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance
12.Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (would be higher if not for dumb magic seal gimmick)
13.Castlevania Legacy of Darkness
14.Castlevania Curse of Darkness
15.Castlevania 64
16.Castlevania Harmony of Despair
17.Castlevania Chronicles
18.Castlevania Lords of Shadow
19.Castlevania Mirror of Fate
20.Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
21.Castlevania Judgement

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
That's a tough question, since the series has now been divided into many different factions, genres, and play-styles since the original. It's not just a series of platformers anymore...it's evolved into many things. So, to properly answer this, I'd have to select a Castlevania from every sub-series or selection of similar games. It's like picking a favorite Godzilla movie from every generational series.

• Favorite Classic 2-D Castlevania - Super Castlevania IV
  • Favorite Metroidvania - Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
  • Favorite Original 3D Castlevania - Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (yes, that other N64 game that no one talks about)
  • Favorite New 3D Castlevania - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 1
another series im a minority in
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness
Castlevania Judgment

I love LoD's sound track, and it was the game that got me into the franchise. I loved playingh as Carrie, Cornel, and Henrry. Not so much Reignheart.
Legacy of Darkness is such a bombastic game. Not only is the main game good, but it has a tweaked and wildly-improved version of Castlevania 64 on the same cart.

That might seem a little more commonplace nowadays with Bayonetta 2, but back then, such an inclusion was amazing.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Circle of the moon great game that

Circle of the Moon is really underrated in my opinion.

One common complaint that I have seen from people regarding the metroidvania formula is that thanks to the leveling up system the games are notoriously easy.

But games like Circle of the Moon and later Order of Ecclessia showed that even with such a system it can still be a game just as tough as the classics which is great since it mixed the difficulty of the classics castlevanias with the exploration,rpg and leveling up features of metroivania entries.

Circle of the Moon also sported a more darker aesthetic than other entries of the series which I enjoyed.

The only thing I wish Circle of the Moon had was a second playable character unlock.

I mean Hugh Baldwin seemed like he would have been a pretty cool character gameplay wise given his sword combat and other abilities he had. I remember being so disappointed that he was not unlockable after beating Circle of the Moon and given that the majority of the metroidvania games featured a unlockable character it still puzzles me why such a thing was left out.

But still despite that it was a awesome game.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Completely agree tocool

Also I dunno why but soma cruz always reminds me of dante when I play the sorrow games , I love the boss rush mode too wish all games had boss rush modes

Erian1Mortal

Premium
The Lords of Shadow Series is one of my favourites I think.
I wouldn't rank them but I've played the Aria of Sorrow, Curse of Darkness (I really liked that one!),SotN and some of the classis ones (never beat them though, I suck at these types of games).

All in all I really like the Metroidvanias the most, love games with that playstyle. Haven't found any games that share that (besides the castlevania series and metroid). I really want to play something like that (looking forward to Bloodstained though)

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
All in all I really like the Metroidvanias the most, love games with that playstyle. Haven't found any games that share that (besides the castlevania series and metroid). I really want to play something like that (looking forward to Bloodstained though)

Try Ori and the Blindforest.

Top Bottom