• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you expect to see at E3?

asurai

It wasn't a real leak, it was someone trying to be funny and rickrolling people. I saw the thread before it was locked.

Dante47

It is quite strange. These characters react far more realistically and their dialogue is less far fetched. It makes me want to know them more.

asurai

E3 should most definitely be interesting. Lots of possibilities and things that we could possibly see. Though lets also not forget about that DmC article in that capcom magazine that came out today if I remember/interpreted what was said in another thread correctly.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
E3 should most definitely be interesting. Lots of possibilities and things that we could possibly see. Though lets also not forget about that DmC article in that capcom magazine that came out today if I remember/interpreted what was said in another thread correctly.
oh you read that? what did it say?

asurai

Oh, apologies. I should've been more specific. I meant that I had read that there was an article on DmC was all. I've actually been trying to look for a scan of it if nothing else but I can't seem to find anything. Also is it just me or am I the only one who learned there was even a Capcom magazine until this article was mentioned?

Dante47

I'm still sure that a trailer will be released. Every major game has a trailer at E3, and a Devil May Cry reboot should be no exception. And if we don't get any trailer, then we should get some new gameplay and/or interviews.

asurai

Well it is almost confirmed that it will be when we get the next big amount of info. apparently during a capcom Q&A according to neogaf said that it was mentioned that E3 is when we'll get a bunch more info on DmC.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Oh, apologies. I should've been more specific. I meant that I had read that there was an article on DmC was all. I've actually been trying to look for a scan of it if nothing else but I can't seem to find anything. Also is it just me or am I the only one who learned there was even a Capcom magazine until this article was mentioned?
ah i also read that, and i hope we can find scans soon. nope i didn't know there was a capcom magazine either! :p
I'm still sure that a trailer will be released. Every major game has a trailer at E3, and a Devil May Cry reboot should be no exception. And if we don't get any trailer, then we should get some new gameplay and/or interviews.
yeah i bet we will get both. :)

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I really hope that NT removes the auto-lock feature and give us an actual lock on button if they plan on staging a demo at E3. The dodge roll mechanic from the previous DMCs was good enough. How far can a person go without lock-on in a DMC game?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I really hope that NT removes the auto-lock feature and give us an actual lock on button if they plan on staging a demo at E3. The dodge roll mechanic from the previous DMCs was good enough. How far can a person go without lock-on in a DMC game?
well as i explained in a thread over at the capcom forums, i'm pretty sure the only reason they took away the lock-on button is because it would be awkward to have to hold two shoulder buttons at the same time. for example having to hold R1 and R2 at the same time would feel rather strange and wouldn't be comfortable for the player. so let's just hope they have really good and precise auto lock. :)

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
well as i explained in a thread over at the capcom forums, i'm pretty sure the only reason they took away the lock-on button is because it would be awkward to have to hold two shoulder buttons at the same time. for example having to hold R1 and R2 at the same time would feel rather strange and wouldn't be comfortable for the player. so let's just hope they have really good and precise auto lock. :)
Isn't that the way most players hold their controllers? Both index and middle fingers on all shoulder buttons is how I usually play. Leaving my middle fingers hanging makes them cramp for some odd reason. Maybe it's just me.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Isn't that the way most players hold their controllers? Both index and middle fingers on all shoulder buttons is how I usually play. Leaving my middle fingers hanging makes them cramp for some odd reason. Maybe it's just me.
not me or anybody i know lol but that's just my guess anyway. i don't hold the control with four fingers on the shoulder buttons because it feels awkward to me, but that's just my preference.

Tiran

The great pretender.

If it can be done without it, that proves the mechanic unnecessary. All of Dante's moves can be done without lock on and the button can now be used for yet another mechanic. with so many buttons freed up on the controller, whole new possibilities can be explored.

ReRave

smug jerk
Must be context-sensitive then. Also, the trailers confirmed two attack-buttons for his close-combat weapons, which strikes me a little odd. The control scheme looks nothing like I imagined it. I hate being proven wrong. :D
I am getting more pumped for this game though after replaying DMC4 just today. Gawd, that game is unsatisfying.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Must be context-sensitive then. Also, the trailers confirmed two attack-buttons for his close-combat weapons, which strikes me a little odd. The control scheme looks nothing like I imagined it. I hate being proven wrong. :D
I am getting more pumped for this game though after replaying DMC4 just today. Gawd, that game is unsatisfying.

Yeah, one button for normal attacks, one for strong attacks. Hold strong attack button to launch enemy.

Top Bottom