• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you expect to see at E3?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, the E3 situation has always been fluxed. It started out with the best of intentions but then it turned into a videogame exclusive version of the comic-con. It all started, if I remember correctly, as a place for people who were part of the game industry to see what was going on with the other guys. and as a conduit for the growing industry to reach the masses (I don't remember the detail on this one but every year G4 has a thing on E3 so check there for details later on). For a time big companies stared settin up these large, grandiose displays and the little guys got some s'ty little booths. To add to it the event became public, which seems like a cool idea but it was dimisishing it's valew and turning it commercial, which wasn't in the spirit it's creation.

Finally, a few year ago, E3 made some drastic changes. All developers had limited spacing so no more intricate sets that would leave the smaller companies in a tiny corner. The show floor was now strictly game industry and press only, as originaly intended.

There is a lot I can't remember but Atack of the Show will provably do a segment during E3 if you are really interested.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Well, the E3 situation has always been fluxed. It started out with the best of intentions but then it turned into a videogame exclusive version of the comic-con. It all started, if I remember correctly, as a place for people who were part of the game industry to see what was going on with the other guys. and as a conduit for the growing industry to reach the masses (I don't remember the detail on this one but every year G4 has a thing on E3 so check there for details later on). For a time big companies stared settin up these large, grandiose displays and the little guys got some s'ty little booths. To add to it the event became public, which seems like a cool idea but it was dimisishing it's valew and turning it commercial, which wasn't in the spirit it's creation.

Finally, a few year ago, E3 made some drastic changes. All developers had limited spacing so no more intricate sets that would leave the smaller companies in a tiny corner. The show floor was now strictly game industry and press only, as originaly intended.

There is a lot I can't remember but Atack of the Show will provably do a segment during E3 if you are really interested.
Cool.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
yesterday NT tweeted that they were working on some "very cool stuff" for it, im not sure whether its DMC stuff (but i asume so) meaning itll be gameplay/ levels we've never seen b4. im thinking maybe a reveal on who your mysterious aly is

AngelMode

NT's only current project is DmC (that I know of) so I'm pretty sure that it is DmC that they are talking about. Unless they randomly announce Heavenly Sword 2 or Enslaved 2 at E3 or something... then they might also be referring to that.

788Masri

NT's only current project is DmC (that I know of) so I'm pretty sure that it is DmC that they are talking about. Unless they randomly announce Heavenly Sword 2 or Enslaved 2 at E3 or something... then they might also be referring to that.

well its probably DMC buut im leaving room for error just in case. as you never know. but i hope they pull through and do show something new on the DMC at E3

AngelMode

well its probably DMC buut im leaving room for error just in case. as you never know. but i hope they pull through and do show something new on the DMC at E3

lol I'm like 95% sure they will XD It was at E3 that they showed the first DmC trailer, and it was at E3 2011 that they showed the first gameplay trailer with the redesigned Dante. So yeah... we shouldn't really hope for some footage or not. We should instead hope that this footage is awesome enough to make us want this game the moment we see it.

788Masri

lol I'm like 95% sure they will XD It was at E3 that they showed the first DmC trailer, and it was at E3 2011 that they showed the first gameplay trailer with the redesigned Dante. So yeah... we shouldn't really hope for some footage or not. We should instead hope that this footage is awesome enough to make us want this game the moment we see it.

for me the last trailer and gameplay vid did it. i am now desperately waiting for a (summer) release date. so i just want some amazing piece of godly gameplay, like the very first level or some bonus level (such as bloody palace) or something that makes me shout:
tumblr_m32r86Ou7x1rnun33.jpg

i mean i want something i can throw in every last internet troll face. i know it can do it so please for the LOVE OF GOD dont let me down NT

AngelMode

for me the last trailer and gameplay vid did it. i am now desperately waiting for a (summer) release date. so i just want some amazing piece of godly gameplay, like the very first level or some bonus level (such as bloody palace) or something that makes me shout:
tumblr_m32r86Ou7x1rnun33.jpg

i mean i want something i can throw in every last internet troll face. i know it can do it so please for the LOVE OF GOD dont let me down NT

If I see Vergil and him playing in some Bloody Palace type of place, as well as a near-to-come release date. I will pass out right there and then from awesomeness. If not then as long as I see anything new, I will still be satisfied enough to make me get it. I mean, it's looking amazing as it is.

788Masri

If I see Vergil and him playing in some Bloody Palace type of place, as well as a near-to-come release date. I will pass out right there and then from awesomeness. If not then as long as I see anything new, I will still be satisfied enough to make me get it. I mean, it's looking amazing as it is.

what im scared of at this point is when theyll release it. face it while dmc is awesome. its fan base isnt near a quater of that of the winter releases, (assasins creed, battlefield, COD etc) so if they try a christmas release, it could easily be out done by those "mainstream" games. itd be even worse if the game is as good as it seems to be, itd become a poorly selling good game and thatd be the end of new dante. so i hope summer, get to gamers b4 the competition and establish themselves for next time.

AngelMode

what im scared of at this point is when theyll release it. face it while dmc is awesome. its fan base isnt near a quater of that of the winter releases, (assasins creed, battlefield, COD etc) so if they try a christmas release, it could easily be out done by those "mainstream" games. itd be even worse if the game is as good as it seems to be, itd become a poorly selling good game and thatd be the end of new dante. so i hope summer, get to gamers b4 the competition and establish themselves for next time.

You're absolutely right about that. NT should put their smart pants on and release it as fast as they can or else they will be losing a lot of sales. Even if they release the game like... a month before all these games come out... it is still pushing it a bit because people at that point will be thinking about saving to buy them already. And I must admit, I'm one of those people myself. I want to get Assassin's Creed 3, and it will definitely feel a bit pushy to buy both DmC and AC at once. I will still do it but some other people might not.

788Masri

And I must admit, I'm one of those people myself. I want to get Assassin's Creed 3, and it will definitely feel a bit pushy to buy both DmC and AC at once. I will still do it but some other people might not.

they need to realise that they dont have the "momentum" to out do them. Skyrim did because Elder scrolls has one of the largest fanbases when it comes to games. assasins creed and COD were both dwarfed by it in sales. BUT devil may cry has no such fan base. were dedicated gamers sure, but we still play other games, im an AC fan and a causal CODer. so if Devil May Cry comes out ill be hard set to buy it as i wont have the time nor funds for all three. so fingers crossed eh :D

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I would hope that NT push for an October release, specifically the 31st, using Halloween to their advantage. No better time to release a Devil Hunter than when ghosts and ghouls are everywhere!

Top Bottom