• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What can we expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No, Nero was never stabbed by Red Queen. He was stabbed by several Bianco Angelo spears and a Gladius, I believe.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Captain Ren;251471 said:
I Expect they stop impaling Dante with his own sword. Because it do nothing. if i recall right it happened in each game and the anime xD unless they meant it as a running gag o_O

no, they will not stop. it is as much a part of dmc as Dante's hair and red coat. Dante will be stabbed with his own sword at least once in every dmc game even if they make DMC90.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
DreadnoughtDT;251699 said:
No, Nero was never stabbed by Red Queen. He was stabbed by several Bianco Angelo spears and a Gladius, I believe.

Yup.Wasn't it the freak,Agnus who stabbed him with his gladius?

So far I know :

DMC : Stabbed twice,once by trish with the force edge,second time by Alastor[well...ok it wasn't "his" sword excatly,but it became]
DMC 2 : Stabed with Rebellion
DMC 3 : Vergil + Rebellion = Dante stabbed by his own sword
DMC anime : Crucified Dante had Rebellion stabbed through his heart
DMC 3 manga : Dante gets impalled by Rebelion once by random demon,Vergil gets impalled by Yamato and activates DT,followed by epic graveyard massacre scene
DMC 4 : Nero stabs Dante with Rebellion.Nero gets stabbed by Agnus[Ok,again,not his sword,but it is a start for Nero.He will get stabbed later if he is to be the main character.I mean...why would they stop the running gag now?]

Well ok,get nero out of the list.That's all I can remember.

razor

Devil Bane;251727 said:
Yup.Wasn't it the freak,Agnus who stabbed him with his gladius?

So far I know :

DMC : Stabbed twice,once by trish with the force edge,second time by Alastor[well...ok it wasn't "his" sword excatly,but it became]
DMC 2 : Stabed with Rebellion
DMC 3 : Vergil + Rebellion = Dante stabbed by his own sword
DMC anime : Crucified Dante had Rebellion stabbed through his heart
DMC 3 manga : Dante gets impalled by Rebelion once by random demon,Vergil gets impalled by Yamato and activates DT,followed by epic graveyard massacre scene
DMC 4 : Nero stabs Dante with Rebellion.Nero gets stabbed by Agnus[Ok,again,not his sword,but it is a start for Nero.He will get stabbed later if he is to be the main character.I mean...why would they stop the running gag now?]

Well ok,get nero out of the list.That's all I can remember.

wow, i think he will be stabbed in dmc5 as well :D

V

Oldschool DMC fan
In DMC3 doesn't Dante get stabbed in the first scene by a bunch of Hells? He's got scythe blades sticking out of every body part practically and carries on eating a pizza. Plus stabbed by Yamato.

And in the manga I'm sure he's stabbed with arrows from Enigmas.

It's all about the stabbing. We'll see it again for sure.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^It's not just that,it's that characters get stabbed by their own weapons.True Dante gets impalled a few times,yet half of those are by his own weapon and vergil is impaled by his own weapon too.

The gag isn't just "impaling" but "stabbed by your own sword".So expect more "Stabbing Dante"...or rather "Stabbed Dante". :p

aoshi

I would also like gauges to be fed on a different logic for air combos as they are harder to execute.Possibly with different adjectives which would add motivation for gamer to stay in air longer. When i completed DMC 3, I hardly opted for air combos and used it only as a medium to avoid attacks as i did not find air combos actually compliment gauges as ground combos.

No timed combat missions please. It only restricts to kill demons than combo on them.Secret mission 1(DMC4) was one such. However timed walk-through challenges are fun.

Guns(dante) - They do compliment combos but are a little over the top. Eg : Pandora - some options are good (Gatling gun,simple triggers) but some are too cheesy to pull off in missions(gunslinger move with rocket launchers). No rocket launchers. Splash damage techniques with melee are better.In short, they need to compliment melees but not in a non-logical way.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
In DMC4, the air combos are on a different logic. They fill up your gauge much, MUCH faster than ground combos.

aoshi

DreadnoughtDT;252030 said:
In DMC4, the air combos are on a different logic. They fill up your gauge much, MUCH faster than ground combos.

I could not identify as adjectives were the same.I guess adjectives can change.

I was under assumption that damage inflicted increases gauge with heavy attacks be it on ground or air. Eg exceed attacks always fill gauge faster and so does buster. Same was with dante RG release, gilgamesh combos but lucifer attacks hardly fill the gauge.Also successful dodges or guard increase the gauge => charged up for a heavy attack or no damage attacks.Cancels are most fastest way to increase the gauge.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yes, damage increases the gauge, but it increases but much more if you're in the air. Seriously, do a Roulette Spin, Snatch the enemy, use an Air Combo and then Buster. You'll go up by two ranks, easy.

aoshi

^ Roulette spin has more than 3 hits at a blinding speed which would naturally increase gauge and inflict more damage. Combined with buster, its all over.

I think air combos can be used to juggle demons or reach taller and bigger demons but not inflict heavy damage but have ground combos to build gauge and then compliment air combos from then on. Some gamers directly start using air combos and gauge reaches "atomic" with roulette spin or JC with dark slayer. I think game needs to be locked a bit more in random air play.Air play needs to be at an infinite level but not inflict heavy damage so that entire game can not be completed only with air combos.An air gauge can lock this which will increase or cause heavy damage only after a stable ground combo.

I think DMC 4 nero combos were unstable. I am not sure if it will be effective on higher difficulties but I felt DB was an abuse.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I dunno about you, but I only use air combos. The ground combos are too slow and don't deal enough damage in a short amount of time.

aoshi

^ My point exactly.I think next game needs a bit of locking for nero in that department(air play).

How come hyper-fists and million slash were removed for dante?Only rebellion had a million stab?They need to be brought back too.May be in a different or revamped. It was dante's signature move for every weapon in DMC 3.I use them all the time.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think he's talking about the Crazy Combos in general. You know, the ones where you had to mash buttons during a certain attack to do a super stylish move?

aoshi

^ Yes - Million slash + DT charge release = FTW.I think next game needs to bring the craziness of slashing hordes of demons using splash damage and hyper speed techniques.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
DreadnoughtDT;252679 said:
I think he's talking about the Crazy Combos in general. You know, the ones where you had to mash buttons during a certain attack to do a super stylish move?

Yup,I know.And I found the lists.Hyper Slash was for Agni and Rudra. :

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Nevan

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Cerberus

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Agni_&_Rudra

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Beowulf [Hyakuretsu Ken-er,I mean...Hyper fist for the win]

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Alastor

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Rebellion

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Sparda_(Force_Edge)

Wow...so few weapons in DMC4 with a "crazy" at the end...

Oh,well.One more thing to expect :

MORE HOKUTO SHINKEN MOVES-er,I mean : MORE CRAZY COMBOS!!!!

aoshi

On harder difficulties, I expect walk-through challenges be added to have a different experience than normal modes.

Cuz it is boring to walk-through same platforms jus in another mode besides combat being different or harder.At least for the hardest mode.

Goth needs to return. Earlier version had no goth. Comon , these are demons.

DMC 3 - Divided.

Arkham quote :

"People once cried out fear in this tower - Temen -ni - gru ....Can't u feel it ? rage and agonies of people ? of those confined here ?"

Which explains the insane difficulty in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1YwAG1jahg

By the plot:

I know there a lot of loose ends - but nero and yamatoa seem to be interestin gap.When nero becomes unconcious, He talks about saving kyrie on 2 occasions and his spirit or DT is awakened.

1)When agnus and angelos stab him.
2)When saviour stabs him and nero is unconcious.

Unanswered questions:

Why was nero saving kyrie? Why is yamatoa broken?

I don't think nero even knew anything about yamatoa or DB and is unconscious on the events. I think we might see a prequel of nero's DB. I am only goin by game's data. I am not sure if manga has an explanation for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom