• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What can we expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
What do you think we can expect in terms of story and game play in Devil May Cry 5. Views please ;)

aoshi

I was intending on starting a thread but 'bam' there is one already.

I think most games are moving towards first-person genre which gives a better experience than running through empty corridors on all directions. It also get gamer closer to character and increases combat difficulties but in a better way. I played this game called "godhand" and was amazed at the potential. Guy fights with fists but can take on loads of opponents and it was amazing to play through the game.

Capcom have made radical decisions. So next DMC on a first-person perspective with swords and guns should be really cool.Demons can also be designed to be scary on up-close encounters.

Advantages of above design:

1)Textural design of environment can be reduced as the perspective covers the radius of protagonist.Need not be lavish.
2)Character designs can be given importance than environment.More demonic personalities.

Gameplay characters to include dante. I am not sure if nero can be added as it will turn into a godhand ripoff. Also dante uses guns which can be modified to aim and fire at points than to shoot randomly.

I almost puke after walking through fortuna. I dont think i find games with such perspectives entertaining but disturbing.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
aoshi;236624 said:
I was intending on starting a thread but 'bam' there is one already.

I think most games are moving towards first-person genre which gives a better experience than running through empty corridors on all directions. It also get gamer closer to character and increases combat difficulties but in a better way. I played this game called "godhand" and was amazed at the potential. Guy fights with fists but can take on loads of opponents and it was amazing to play through the game.

Capcom have made radical decisions. So next DMC on a first-person perspective with swords and guns should be really cool.Demons can also be designed to be scary on up-close encounters.

Advantages of above design:

1)Textural design of environment can be reduced as the perspective covers the radius of protagonist.Need not be lavish.
2)Character designs can be given importance than environment.More demonic personalities.

Gameplay characters to include dante. I am not sure if nero can be added as it will turn into a godhand ripoff. Also dante uses guns which can be modified to aim and fire at points than to shoot randomly.

I almost puke after walking through fortuna. I dont think i find games with such perspectives entertaining but disturbing.

did you say a first person perspective. that type of thing is perfect for shooters. but devil may cry is a "stylish action" game. ( yes that is the official genre) you can't be truly stylish in a 1st person game. there is no way to put DMC gameplay into a 1st person game the controls and perspective are to different. it wouldn't be DMC.

the game needs controls that allow for easier access to all of Dante's moves ( easier weapon switching, use all styles at once etc.)

what we can expect is a game that plays like DMC4 with a few additions. the story will probably be something random that is loosely connected to the rest of the games. (99% chance of another prequel that adds more questions then it answers )

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Aoshi, you find third-person sickening and disorienting. I find first-person sickening and disorienting.

If DMC goes into first-person, it won't be DMC anymore. Just a first-person shooter with a sword. It would turn off so many fans, it wouldn't be funny. Capcom would be out of business in the DMC department.

I know I wouldn't buy a game like that.

aoshi

Yeah, i think perspectives can be the same as it involves air combos and plat form challenges. I was playing FPS games and started playing DMC 4 which disturbed me.Switch of perspectives might not settle well with fans. So don't think would happen.But can be experimented.

I can't see where to go from here(DMC 4).

Stylish gameplay is possible on FPS perspective =

GODHAND juggles-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB71r82gfM4

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
aoshi;250192 said:
Yeah, i think perspectives can be the same as it involves air combos and plat form challenges. I was playing FPS games and started playing DMC 4 which disturbed me.Switch of perspectives might not settle well with fans. So don't think would happen.But can be experimented.

I can't see where to go from here(DMC 4).

Stylish gameplay is possible on FPS perspective =

GODHAND juggles-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB71r82gfM4

that was

1. stylish but no were near dmc's level
2. not 1st person, 1st person is when you see through the character's eyes. that was 3rd person with the camera close to the character

for the type of combat and environments in dmc the camera needs to be a bit further back.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
That's what I thought - 1st person would be impossible. I get sick just playing/watching Mirror's Edge for a few minutes.

You need the wider view to pull off some of the moves properly I think. The camera does act like an 'over the shoulder' view in a few scenes in the DMC series, doesn't it? But only usually in small corridors and spaces where you don't fight? Personally I like the view the camera gives (most of the time) in DMC games. I hope the camera mechanics stay the same.

aoshi

@darkslayer13: DMC fighting system is of a standard capcom engine = gradual increase of competence in a combat without getting hit. Same was for GODHAND. There is a level meter which increases upto four levels with fourth = maximum competence. However i will give DMC credit for lavish combos with swords of different style (red queen,rebellion,A&R).I think game has come a long way to change perspectives.Also DMC is known for good platform designs such as temen-ni-gru and fortuna.

FPS = > I can't see his face in the gameplay and gamer can see only where character sees.There is a radar to know surroundings. I think it is pretty much FPS.Nuff said.

Why all the hate to perspectives? Its another gameplay. There are more FPS games comin out and people play it. As of my experience,It was good and change from a goofing around a static infrastructure and feeling small.But it was not case with DMC4.Some games don't add enough detail to characters which make experience very shallow compared to FPS games. But DMC has a lot of detail with its perspectives.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You say DMC4 didn't have enough detail? Wow, that's a new one in my book. Everyone else says the graphics are phenomenal.

And if DMC goes to a first-person viewpoint, it won't be DMC anymore. It'll just be an FPS with a sword, as has been stated. Stylish moves with be night impossible with the camera flipping around everywhere, and quite frankly I'd get sick watching that.

I'm not hating on different viewpoints. No one is. It's just that if DMC5 is first person, then it won't be DMC. That's how it stands.

aoshi

I think i said "DMC has a lot of details with its perspectives" compared to other games with such perspectives.

Why do u stick to stereo-types? Same was the case before DMC 4's nero was introduced."OMG Dante is not leading the game".I think u prefer nero more than dante.

Most of points state DMC not to follow FP perspective. I will go with that.After playing DMC 4, with its lavish design and extravaganze, FP will definitely not be the next step.I also expect more "larger than life" designs which i have stated on other threads.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
aoshi;250411 said:
@darkslayer13: DMC fighting system is of a standard capcom engine = gradual increase of competence in a combat without getting hit. Same was for GODHAND. There is a level meter which increases upto four levels with fourth = maximum competence. However i will give DMC credit for lavish combos with swords of different style (red queen,rebellion,A&R).I think game has come a long way to change perspectives.Also DMC is known for good platform designs such as temen-ni-gru and fortuna.

FPS = > I can't see his face in the gameplay and gamer can see only where character sees.There is a radar to know surroundings. I think it is pretty much FPS.Nuff said.

Why all the hate to perspectives? Its another gameplay. There are more FPS games comin out and people play it. As of my experience,It was good and change from a goofing around a static infrastructure and feeling small.But it was not case with DMC4.Some games don't add enough detail to characters which make experience very shallow compared to FPS games. But DMC has a lot of detail with its perspectives.

Yeah...Ok...no.The DMC engine is a completely different game engine than the engine of any other game series Capcom has published.Only Sengoku BASARA has a slightly modified DMC game engine.Godhand has a resident evil game engine with a style metre stuck up it's rectum.COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!Also the gameplay in DMC is a Stylish Action Gameplay NOT a that of Fighting game.It's like saying that Ocarina of Time plays like Age of Empires II.

Yeah,Fps = Shooting game gameplay throught the characters eyes.First Person Shooting!There is also a FPF[First Person Fighting] but the combos are nowhere near that of a fighting game.If you put DMC in FPS it won't be DMC anymore.It will be a ****ed up,uber difficult for no reason at all,stupidly annoying Resident Evil cop-out with absolutelly no stylish gameplay because you won't be able to see what you do.Not to mention it limits the perspective tremendously.Which totally different from what Kaimya wanted when he developed DMC.

It's not hate for the FPS.I agree that some FPS are awesome but DMC's focus isn't the guns or the stylish shooting at all.This is Gungrave you are thinking about.DMC is about ludricously stylish combos using everything you have,including the enemies themselves!Put it in FPS,you have suddenly destroyed the whole game.Gungrave works in the same sense,despite being a stylish shoot'em up.And when you say details about the characters,what do you mean?Graphic-wise or story-wise?

aoshi

By details, i meant graphic-wise and gameplay. Other games in same genre seem to be biased to protagonist(one hit and 10 die) and is hardly any detail to each character's motives or combat elements.

I am not goin to comment on "stylish gameplay" - Its to frame combos to proceed with ranks. There are more games released by capcom with such gameplay.However, I prefer DMC engine as it has platform challenges with combat.I always forget platform challenges as they are easy to pass by.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Yeah...ok...no!Again.Let me see...Gungrave series and the Sengoku BASARA games don't quite follow what you said since they give plenty of details in combat and the character motives to follow your arguement since "DMC doesn't have those" as you stated above.

If you want stylish metres just go pick a game that has one.The Stylish Action genre is not determined by the stylish gauge,but by the gameplay itself.Bayonetta,DMC,Sengoku BASARA,Gungrave and Vanquish[the new Platinum games shoot'em up] are stylish action and Vanquish hasn't even shown a stylish gauge!The fact that DMC has platform challenges is an extra from Capcom to tease the old Megaman fans.If that's what you like,then platform games are the way to go,not stylish action ones.

aoshi

Err! I don't know games u have mentioned and so does the rest of world besides japan. "DMC does not have details" - Go blow yourself. I don't think any game can compare to DMC 4's graphical extravaganze or detailing. They were logical,clean and not messy.

Stylish gameplay - Meters justify stylish gameplay. I dont think games without a gauge or score can justify style used. U need to look at games at options,customization and way they are justified. Thats how proud souls are earned in DMC 4- based on style points right under the gauge. Did u even notice?

Its not me who is after gauges or scores.Thats how stylish gameplay is justified.

DMC's platform challenges were a teaser? DMC 4 missions were almost walkthrough challenges besides bloody palace.U think such effort is a teaser. Go play your ****ty Sengoku basara or watever and stop commenting ridiculously lame BS cuz u don't know **** about DMC series.

I can call prince of persia WW as most stylish action game but there were no scores or gauges to justify levels or style of combat.

I am sorry but u seem to be an obssessed fan of japanese games that anything in japanese seems to be detailed than better games(DMC 4).

Sngoku basara - 3 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XcXRoh4760

Is there an english version? I don't see why i would be playing this game.Besides, graphics look messy , it has a hit count which justifies the competence and OMG more japanese.

I know DMC is from a japanese franchise but they have delivered a good english version of it.

Gungrave :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9aCCiby-ik&feature=related

I think graphics are mediocre and action-centric like godhand. Not - GODHAND had better graphics and u compare DMC to this game?Again detailing is very high in DMC 4 which deserves credit.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Alright, for one, GRAPHICS DON'T MAKE OR BREAK THE GAME.

God! For the love of all that is good and mighty, graphics aren't important.

Stop calling people idiots and saying they have no knowledge when they're just trying to prove a point. You're being rude, irrational, and very mean.

So the both of you, just shut your traps, or I'll get a mod in here. I'm not kidding around.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
aoshi;250477 said:
Err! I don't know games u have mentioned and so does the rest of world besides japan. "DMC does not have details" - Go blow yourself. I don't think any game can compare to DMC 4's graphical extravaganze or detailing. They were logical,clean and not messy.

Stylish gameplay - Meters justify stylish gameplay. I dont think games without a gauge or score can justify style used. U need to look at games at options,customization and way they are justified.

Its not me who is after gauges or scores.Thats how stylish gameplay is justified.

DMC's platform challenges were a teaser? DMC 4 missions were almost walkthrough challenges besides bloody palace.U think such effort is a teaser. Go play your ****ty Sengoku basara or watever and stop commenting ridiculously lame BS cuz u don't know **** about DMC series.

I can call prince of persia WW as most stylish action game but there were no scores or gauges to justify levels or style of combat.

I am sorry but u seem to be an obssessed fan of japanese games that anything in japanese seems to be detailed than better games(DMC 4).

Sngoku basara - 3 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XcXRoh4760

Is there an english version? I don't see why i would be playing this game.Besides, graphics look messy , it has a hit count which justifies the competence and OMG more japanese.

I know DMC is from a japanese franchise but they have delivered a good english version of it.

The rest of the world will tend to disagree as Bayonetta is fairly known,Sengoku BASARA/Devil Kings has a small fanbase in the US,Gungrave has a fairly large fanbase in my country and the rest of EU though a smaller one in the US and Vanquish is known to the whole world as a champion of upcoming Shooters worldwide.Other than that,yes,you are right.Only I and japan know of these games.Sorry to indulge upon your divine knowledge dear sir.

And if I misunderstood,then excuse me on my part for the details but I will admit that's what I understood.No need to get over yourself.Was it my hasteness in reading your post?Or your bad english?It doesn't really matter anyway since I apologise.

About stylish games : No!It is the gameplay itself,the ability to juggle enemies with ease,the style of the characters,the ability to excecute and rack up stylish and groundbreaking combos while looking flashy and relaxed at the same time.The stylish gauge only adds up to the bonus of the stage.And that's not the case in Gungrave.

That is how a stylish action game is defined.

I will admit I don't know all that much about DMC4[apart from the story that is]because I do not own it.I own the previous 3.As for platform gameplay on the previous 3[I never specifically talked about 4] the platform gameplay is really a "teaser" compared to true platform games.Even the failed Castlevania games for the Nintendo64 were more challenging in platforming than these three games are.

Prince of Persia[The new series,the sands trilogy and that standalone game] along with the new Ninja Gaiden series could be counted as Stylish Action games.Yes,while they do have all the stylish and flashy requirements they miss the most basic one : the ability to excecute and rack up stylish and groundbreaking combos while looking flashy and relaxed at the same time.While it can be barely done in the Prince of Persia games it is utterly impossible for the Ninja Gaiden series.In both games you can't do stylish combos and be relaxed.So they are counted as a Platform/Hack'n'Slash and an Action-Adventure/Hack'n'Slash or extreme violence game respectivelly.

I am sorry to inform you that your conception about me is flawed.I most certainly enjoy japanese games,but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy european and US games.I just enjoy more japanese games[in numbers that is].

As for Sengoku BASARA 3 :

Nobody is forcing you to play the game,the graphics are not messy at all,unless your conception is and yes it is more japanese.What about it?You hate the japanese?Also the meter doesn't justify anything.I gave you the requiremnts for a Stylish action game.

As for Gungrave :

Graphics are to be justified since it was released barelly a year after the first DMC and sorry to say,it DID bring a groundbreaking evolution in 3rd person shooters.

If that is all,I'm leaving.

razor

graphics must be better than in dmc 4 , gamepaly must be crazier, as good as dmc 3 and multiplayer will be crazy good , it will be like a dream

aoshi

Graphics and gameplay experience - I seriously went for a toss when playing DMC 4 with platform design of fortuna.Temen-ni-gru had very less platforming and more action. All that was required in temen-ni-gru was to walk across it or jump few hoops.I believe DMC is trying to adapt the genre with added platform challenges and better level designs for each stage.I am not sure of DMC 1 if such were available already. Also ranking system was changed to be based on orbs that are collected. Graphics and platform challenges are definite criteria for genre in discussion which is why FPF fighting system was denied earlier in this thread.Atleast that is why i denied myself.

Concepts and level designs are important aspects besides gameplay. There are other games that offer gameplay as fast or faster than DMC but it is concepts and level design that makes DMC stand out.

Captain Ren

Tribble
I Expect they stop impaling Dante with his own sword. Because it do nothing. if i recall right it happened in each game and the anime xD unless they meant it as a running gag o_O

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Though they haven't excactly said that,I belive it is the series running gag for some reason.Even Nero and Vergil were affected by that "running gag."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom