• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Is oatmeal and a bottle of Coke a weird breakfast? >_>

+ I hope these beans will be done by the time we eat.
++ I'm kinda at the point with my writing where I've got so many one shot ideas I'm not sure whether to just do a ton of one shots or rewrite the original story with my canon. x_x

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
So, I'm trying to wrap up playing The Witcher and have gotten into a romance with Triss. Hahahah I wonder how's that going to work out when/if I meet Yennefer. Ha. (⌐■_■) Geralt is such a bad, bad man. Welp off to cure a striga or something....might play a game of dice poker. It's not like half the city is on fire...ooooohhhhh. ρ( ̄ヘ ̄ メ)

Keaton

Premium
So, I'm trying to wrap up playing The Witcher and have gotten into a romance with Triss. Hahahah I wonder how's that going to work out when/if I meet Yennefer. Ha. (⌐■_■) Geralt is such a bad, bad man. Welp off to cure a striga or something....might play a game of dice poker. It's not like half the city is on fire...ooooohhhhh. ρ( ̄ヘ ̄ メ)
Oh, there's a great moment when that happens...!

I'm currently thinking: "Will I ever finish this", and then replying to myself, "Yes, but the fourteen others and three other avenues to explore -- probably not".

berto

I Saw the Devil
The day gets closer and closer and I hope it never comes. Every year I keep thinking the same think but this feels different. The panic is hard to describe. I shouldn't be here anymore.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

You're not gonna meet Yennefer till Witcher 3.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Well that's a relief. Seems that guy had a colossal chip in his shoulder and filed way too many reports of the same nature within a week--the same week he just happened to join hubby's squadron, no less. (Seriously, how does one go about accusing the entire squadron of racism within a week? Not only is it physically impossible to have even crossed all of their paths in order for them to offend you--or rather, for you to take offense to real or imagined slights--it's also impossible for them all to be racist. Seriously, dude--wtf?).

In short, hubby's free and in the clear. ^^ All of the happiness right now.

+This has been a good day. Now to make dinner. :thumbsup:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
... Was Zack Snyder behind these DC reboots?

scooby-doo-jim-lee.jpg

Wacky-Raceland-promo-720x465.jpg

Flintstones-promo-720x470.jpg

Last edited:

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
its cool DMC5 made it on the Whatculure "games we should have in 2016" list.
two articles on this same site contradict each other

this one uses "they only hate the hair"
http://whatculture.com/gaming/11-video-game-sequels-not-made-for-their-original-audiences.php/2
Ninja Theory’s reboot to the wildly ostentatious Devil May Cry saga attracted criticism from its fanbase for all the wrong reasons, because the game was actually fantastic.

What incensed fans so much about this wasn’t that it’d be a reboot. No, what they were so aggrieved with was the change of Dante’s hair. That’s right, his hair.

Things got so bad that some people even thought that Ninja Theory were mocking them in an opening scene involving Dante tossing away a white-haired whig, which is rather hilarious to be honest.

Despite the very real cosmetic changes to the series’ environmental aesthetics, DMC was a clear improvement on the old Devil May Cry formula we all know and love. Sure, the story was given a change and Dante was given a new look – most likely to attract more audiences looking to dabble in the hack and slash genre – but to try and insinuate that it wasn’t like the games of old is just plain silly.

and this one says the reboot is the worst thing ever
http://whatculture.com/gaming/12-major-video-game-sequels-that-must-be-announced-in-2016.php/8
As Platinum Games continue to prove with their rollout of everything from Metal Gear Rising to Bayonetta, Transformers and the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games – there’s just nothing quite like a great character action game.

To that end, God of War’s Kratos tends to be regarded as the king of that sort of thing, but people forget the genre itself was previously done far greater justice when Dante was at the helm. The red trenchcoat-sporting albino was the most badass thing since Squall’s gunblade back in 2001 – an immediately established reputation that the second game ruined by reducing his charisma, only for the third to put it back… and the reboot to annihilate completely.

Yes, if we’re going to have another Devil May Cry (and we should, the world of Sparda, Dante and Virgil is ripe for the expanding) we need a continuation of the original Dante, not the moody, short hair, fan-abusing release that was Ninja Theory’s release – even if it did play well.

i'm starting to think that i need to make a video that calmly explains why DmC was so negativity received

i know it goes without saying for us

but every single time i see "they only hate the hair" it makes me want to pop a damn blood vessel

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Finally got around to watching Dragonball Z: Resurrection F, and I enjoyed it. I prefer Battle of Gods but this one still gave me that DBZ fun I know and love, with the return of my favorite villain in the series.

:inlove: Love you Dragonball, always and forever.

Top Bottom