• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
28449207.jpg

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I just finished reading the Jungle Fantasy Vixens and Secrets from Boundless yesterday, fun read with plenty of gratuitous sex and nudity, plus dinosaurs.
I've ordered in the Ivory and Survivor series since I really like it.
My Belladonna Fire and Fury comics should hopefully arrive tomorrow.

But I just finished reading Crossed: Psychopath and I gotta say, after reading though Psychopath, Family Values and the original Crossed, I thought I was desensitized to extreme violence, cannibalism, rape and brutal sexual violence, but Crossed is something else entirely.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Finished this a couple of days ago:
12601209.jpg

(Ben Finn is so fun to follow, and it was nice to see the depth shown in Fable 3 expanded upon here).

Now reading:

39926464.jpg

I've also been reading a story over on Fictionpress called "Blue Moon Blues", which is a sort of noir-esque urban fantasy (reminds me a smidge of the Dresden Files, yet completely its own thing).

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Gideon Falls volume 1- It focuses on the titular small town and the mysterious black barn which haunts its residents. I'm not really into horror but this did grab me.

The Tenth Doctor (year one) volume 2 "The angel of mons"-
Titan comics started doing pseudo-continuation for 10/11. Separated into years(each year is like a season of TV), this is the second volume in year one. The first volume has 10th Doctor pick up Gabby Gonzales- a young artist from modern day NY. This volume has her and the Doc stuck in WW1 and they have to fight off the weeping angels. Titan's continuation does a good job of capturing the feel of the Tennant/Davies era while making it its own.

My heroes have always been junkies graphic novel-
It focuses on a young girl who is admitted to Rehab and her misadventures. Technically the sequel to Criminals volume 1 "coward" by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips so there are spoilers.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Started a few days ago and finished today:

35384793.jpg

Then I read this (only took 3 sittings.)
36086513.jpg

Now I'm going to be reading:
35529904.jpg

I'll also be reading Strunk and White's Elements of Style on the side. Not sure if it'll help me or not, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The Dreaming issues 1-6 written by Si Spurrier and art by Bilquis Elevy. It's a sequel to the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman and the linchpin title of the Sandman Universe imprint. The lord of dreams has left the Dreaming once again and we focus on how the inhabitants deal with it. It's pretty accessible to newcomers although it has some spoilers for how Sandman ends.

Books of Magic issues 1-5 written by Kat Howard and art by Tom Fowler. It's a sequel to the original Books of Magic miniseries by Neil Gaiman. That series focused on Tim Hunter a kid with magical potential given a tour of DC's magic side by the trenchcoat brigade (which John Constantine is naturally a part of). The end of the miniseries has Tim being given a choice between joining the world of magic and returning to being a normal person. Being 13 his choice is obvious and this series is about him dealing with the day to day struggles of his choice. Issue 5 starts a crossover between Books of Magic and the dreaming so be forewarned.

Martian Manhunter issue 1-3 written by Steve Orlando and Riley Rossimo. It's a new origin for the Martian Manhunter, a character everyone loves but no one really knows what to do with. So far its a decent character study cutting between his past on Mars and his present life on Earth.

Kill or Be Killed written by Ed Brubaker and art by Sean Phillips. Its a 20 issue comic focused on Dylan a miserable grad student forced to kill "bad people" once a month by "a demon". It's a deconstruction of becoming a vigilante and how taxing a double life can be. Like all of their other collaborations, it's a great read.

Aisen66

I finally bought again red angel by andrew harper the first book i read in the english language.is not nothing like i remenbered the book and the cover doesnt even look as cool as it used to look in those days when i held it in my hand.:thumbsdown: now it just looks like a very small book and in my memory from the first time i read it this book was a master piece. I wanted to write a book just like it i think i was probably possesed by an animal Because my english those days was atrocious i couldnt even understand more than one word. The book is weird about some sick bastard that needs to kill himself in front of me im still reading it and i dont see anything special about it.

Top Bottom