• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
(Sorry for the double-post. I know, I read a lot... x_x)

Just read this, which was really short--talking 5 chapters--but was fairly good. Aside from the odd word omission/misplacement, the writing was incredibly solid. Also, it fed my need for 1920s mafioso stuff.

41YePkfeuWL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Now I'm moving on to:

38336563.jpg

(Sequel to The Last Magician, which also satisfied that mob itch I get from time to time--only, y'know, with magic).

I loved the first book, so I'm hoping the sequel blows me out of the water, too.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I've been reading this since either Oct. 30th or 31st:
1843531.jpg

I don't know if I'm going through a reading slump, if it's because of everything else irl, or if it's because it feels incredibly dull regarding what you'd expect in a novel--THE novel--about Dracula, but gods, this is taking me far longer than it ought to. With any luck, I'll be done by Thursday...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I've been re-reading The Chronicles of Narnia. Well, re-reading where the first two stories are concerned (The Magician's Nephew--which I've probably read a dozen times in my life--and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe). Currently on The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

11127.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I read the screenplay for Crimes of Grindelwald. Its collected and sold like a book.

Its good just it drags in the middle. Its got a lot of good ideas but they often feel like too many with not enough focus.

Here's hoping the next three movies/scripts pick up the slack.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Started this two nights ago.
37004954.jpg

I'm about halfway, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it thus far. It takes place in a sort of Fantasy version of Japan (different name, but containing the same terms, titles, and folklore). I've been reading a lot of "meh" stories of late (many of which I don't think I've even posted here), so I really wanted to end this year on a good book. Suffice it to say, this one doesn't disappoint.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Got this one from my daughter for Christmas:
29622131.jpg

Just under halfway through, and really enjoying it so far. :thumbsup: It follows a princess (fourth born, hence a "spare") with a sort of Midas touch power, only hers turns people and other living things into gemstones.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Was reading:

43253633.jpg

(Indie novel, and a solid debut, imo; minimal complaints).

Now reading the sequel to The Cruel Prince, which was one of my favourite reads last year:

38237340.jpg

(If you're looking for books dealing with Fae, I promise you, these ones take whatever cliché expectations might have soured your mood toward them, and turn them right on their heads. I can't speak for her other works, but with this? Holly Black is so goooooood.)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Finished this yesterday:

42769166.jpg

Now I'm reading its sequel, "Druid", and then I'll be reading the third book, "Samhain".

I've really been enjoying these. I've been on a Fae/Irish folklore kick, and these have been incredibly satisfying (the fact that they have a Far Darrig/Fear Dearg as one of the main characters doesn't hurt).

Top Bottom