• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
In any case, here's a list of favorite games that Yahtzee gave a negative review on:

1. Darksiders 1 & 2

2. Prototype 1 & 2

3. Lords of Shadow 1 & 2

4. Kingdoms of Amalur

5. Sleeping Dogs

6. Skyward Sword

7. Mirror's Edge

8. Demon's Souls

[Even though he said that due to enjoying Dark Souls 1 & 2 so much, he'll go back to Demon's Souls and rethink his opinion on that.]

He said some nice things about Prototype 1 & 2 but, I feel like he listed a lot more negative aspects than positive when it came to reviewing those particular games.

Last edited:

Maxman

In any case, here's a list of favorite games that Yahtzee gave a negative review on:

1. Darksiders 1 & 2

2. Prototype 1 & 2

3. Lords of Shadow 1 & 2

4. Kingdoms of Amalur

5. Sleeping Dogs

6. Skyward Sword

7. Mirror's Edge

8. Demon's Souls

[Even though he said that due to enjoying Dark Souls 1 & 2 so much, he'll go back to Demon's Souls and rethink his opinion on that.]

He said some nice things about Prototype 1 & 2 but, I feel like he listed a lot more negative aspects than positive when it came to reviewing those particular games.

Nothing is gonna be worse than IGN's God Hand review man

and this is why I don't take critics seriously ;D

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Just got Platinum for Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories! Great game. Now playing back Ys: Memories of Celceta, Gravity Rush and Valkyria Chronicles.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Yeah Yahtzee, you lost a fan. And that fan never came back when you posted those other reviews I listed afterwards. I'm done being a Yahtzee supporter. Goodbye.

you went into a Yahtzee review expecting him to say something good about a game?

i like all those games too but 95% of all Yahtzee reviews are negative
even the games he likes it feels like he lists more negatives then positives

if your not a fan anymore that's fine
but i never expect him to say anything positive
that way i can't get disappointed :)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im up to chapter 9 in Enslaved. Its a pretty good game with a good story but limited replay value and could have used some padding out.

I wish Trip had some role to play in the gameplay and I wish the Pigsy DLC was part of the game (like a seperate unlockable campaign) and i wish there was a stage for the bike (that would have been so cool)

it might have been cool to have a group of human enemies (maybe for the sequel) and I wish it had a bunch of story dlc like borderlands two. Monkey should had a dlc that showed us some of his past.

ahh what could have been:'(

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Nothing is gonna be worse than IGN's God Hand review man
Oh, stop. It had great combat mechanics and some good replay value, but it wasn't that good. In the end, it's still really repetitive and relies too much on its fighting spectacle to carry it into true greatness.

For example, instead of making the weapons "degradable," they should've just let these weapons be a regular part of your skill-set -- and they should've made said weapons upgradable while they were at it.

This way, you can switch out your unarmed combos with your armed ones, giving it that much more value.

I wouldn't say it deserves a 3 from IGN, but I wouldn't have scored it that much higher, had I been reviewing it from a purely objective viewpoint.

Just because I enjoyed a game, doesn't mean that I'm automatically going to give it a high score.

And it's not Yahtzee's criticism that I have a problem with; it's the fact that he comes off as so pretentious and thinks he knows what's best for a game as a whole.

No Yahtzee, you are not Phil Fish (yes, I remember what Phil said about MGS, and I agree with him), and you never will be. :shifty:

Last edited:

Maxman

Oh, stop. It had great combat mechanics and some good replay value, but it wasn't that good. In the end, it's still really repetitive and relies too much on its fighting spectacle to carry it into true greatness.

For example, instead of making the weapons "degradable," they should've just let these weapons be a regular part of your skill-set -- and they should've made said weapons upgradable while they were at it.

This way, you can switch out your unarmed combos with your armed ones, giving it that much more value.

I wouldn't say it deserves a 3 from IGN, but I wouldn't have scored it that much higher, had I been reviewing it from a purely objective viewpoint.

Just because I enjoyed a game, doesn't mean that I'm automatically going to give it a high score.

And it's not Yahtzee's criticism that I have a problem with; it's the fact that he comes off as so pretentious and thinks he knows what's best for a game as a whole.

No Yahtzee, you are not Phil Fish (yes, I remember what Phil said about MGS, and I agree with him), and you never will be. :shifty:

Well, about "repetitiveness" , i believe the whole point of the game was beating the crap out of guys and IMO, Gameplay was backed up with Amazing Combat System, you could have a nice number of moves at your disposal and the thing i really liked about it was the fact that we could customize the combos and map the moves to different face buttons of the controller, and what I liked that every punch,every kick, every smack Gene lay waste on his Enemies, it had that sweet sense of impact. IMHO, I think this is what a Great Beat em' Up Game should do, making you have fun beating the crap out of bad guys and never getting old

Well, the thing about Weapons was that, they are meant to be more about Having Gene getting the upper hand in the fight for a brief amount of time, like, One good smack from the Wooden Plank can send them enemies flying, they are quite effective, so I believe that's why they were made "degradable" and I think its actually fine this way, Because the game already offers such a nice variety of moves for Hand to Hand

EDIT : Oh, I forgot to mention the nice Dodging System, I liked how it would let us dodge different directions and looking cool while doing it ;3

Just my 2 cents :3

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Oh yeah... a couple more things I'd like to add...

Remember Me and Saboteur. Yahtzee gave those games bad reviews as well. Making for a grand total of:

Top Ten Games I love but Yahtzee hates because he's a Dementor that sucks joy out of everything because he HAS TO GO OUT OF HIS WAY TO BE DIFFERENT.

I'm different, but it's because I like exploring and parkour mechanics more than actual combat -- Yahtzee tries to be different because deep down, I know that he thinks of himself as some sort of AUTEUR OF GAMING. *sigh*

Also, even though I may enjoy playing a few hyped-up games out there, it doesn't mean that I'm going to give the same amount of devotion that certain fanatics out there do. It's only great if it's a lot of fun and/or the story effects me in some way. I'm not going to go out of my way to criticize the game/movie/book/show if I'm enjoying the experience.

1. Darksiders 1 & 2

2. Prototype 1 & 2

3. Lords of Shadow 1 & 2

4. Kingdoms of Amalur

5. Sleeping Dogs

6. Skyward Sword

7. Mirror's Edge

8. Watch Dogs

[I decided to use this to replace Demon's Souls because he magically likes the franchise now.]

9. Saboteur

10. Remember Me

------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry -- this is the last time I'm doing this list... I just thought I'd put everything down here for convenience -- maybe I should do some sort of rant video because I don't think this horse is quite dead yet.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
on chapter 11 of enslaved, i love the writing and characters so far.

the game had potential , just needed some polish

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
you went into a Yahtzee review expecting him to say something good about a game?

i like all those games too but 95% of all Yahtzee reviews are negative
even the games he likes it feels like he lists more negatives then positives

if your not a fan anymore that's fine
but i never expect him to say anything positive
that way i can't get disappointed :)
He's a critic. That's the point. He's there to talk about the good and bad no matter how good overall the game is. He likes more games than people think, it's just they hear negative stuff and assume he hates them.

He's even bad mouthed games I really enjoy, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the review and seeing where he's coming from. And most importantly, it doesn't stop me from enjoying that game. He makes good points though and is a really funny guy which also helps. I finished reading his book Mogworld not long ago, good stuff.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Is AC Rogue any good? *just bought it for her mum for x-mas, so is hoping it's worth it*

Only played it until Sequence 2, but I am enjoying it so far. However, the game's gameplay itself is not exactly a revolution as it uses the same gameplay features from Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Crafting system, hunting animals, ground combat, and naval combat are exactly the same with those two games. To be honest, this game feels more like AC4.5. The game's story is what draws me to play it back, and I don't think the same gameplay mechanics are a real detriment to the game's quality.

I will write a review on it once I have finished it, so you can read it if you are interested.

Last edited:
Top Bottom