• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Western vs. Eastern design

Which style of game is better?

• Western (Ex. Gears of War, Killzone)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Eastern (Ex. Persona, Final Fantasy)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Both

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;271386 said:
Fallout 3 uses an updated version of Oblivions engine they are both exceptional games. Its still sold in most stores and can get the GOTY editions for cheap too.

The problem is, the stores around my place doesn't sell much old games. The oldest game that I could find around my place will be the first Mass Effect.

Does the GOTY Edition has DLC and other stuffs?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;271389 said:
The problem is, the stores around my place doesn't sell much old games. The oldest game that I could find around my place will be the first Mass Effect.

Does the GOTY Edition has DLC and other stuffs?

Features Knights of the Nine (Expansion Pack) & Shivering Isles (Expansion Pack) yeah.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;271391 said:
Features Knights of the Nine (Expansion Pack) & Shivering Isles (Expansion Pack) yeah.

Oh, okay. Probably I should get the GOTY edition. :D

In your opinion, which version is the best? Xbox 360, PS3 or PC?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;271411 said:
Oh, okay. Probably I should get the GOTY edition. :D

In your opinion, which version is the best? Xbox 360, PS3 or PC?

Id say PC, as it has mods and if you have any glitches or anything they are easier to fix on PC. Dont need a powerful system to run it either and lots of fun mods to get. Be careful with patches and your save games if you do opt for the PC version and fully patch your game before starting as sometimes your saves dont work with new updates.

If you went for console version then apparently by watching comparison videos and reading things the 360 has better Anti-Aliasing, textures and detail than the PS3 version but PS3 has larger draw distance (due to having Hard Drive built in).

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;271496 said:
Id say PC, as it has mods and if you have any glitches or anything they are easier to fix on PC. Dont need a powerful system to run it either and lots of fun mods to get. Be careful with patches and your save games if you do opt for the PC version and fully patch your game before starting as sometimes your saves dont work with new updates.

If you went for console version then apparently by watching comparison videos and reading things the 360 has better Anti-Aliasing, textures and detail than the PS3 version but PS3 has larger draw distance (due to having Hard Drive built in).

Well, I can't play any games on this laptop, thanks to it's small storage space. Probably I will get the Xbox 360 one, since it seems look slightly better than the PS3 version, like you said.

Sorry, what does larger draw distance mean?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;271517 said:
Well, I can't play any games on this laptop, thanks to it's small storage space. Probably I will get the Xbox 360 one, since it seems look slightly better than the PS3 version, like you said.

Sorry, what does larger draw distance mean?

Can see objects further in the distance on the landscape. For example if your travelling on a horse then sometimes you get a small amount of landscape 'pop up' as the scenery loads. Just means that the PS3 version has less of this because it caches the data on the hard drive and it loads those backgrounds quicker so you notice the 'pop up' a little less.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;271519 said:
Can see objects further in the distance on the landscape. For example if your travelling on a horse then sometimes you get a small amount of landscape 'pop up' as the scenery loads. Just means that the PS3 version has less of this because it caches the data on the hard drive and it loads those backgrounds quicker so you notice the 'pop up' a little less.

I see. If I am not mistaken, pop up occurs on most sandbox adventure games, no?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;271521 said:
I see. If I am not mistaken, pop up occurs on most sandbox adventure games, no?

Yeah it does and its inevitable with that much scenery as the game only needs to load as far as you can see. Draw distances in games differ depending on whats going on in the game and the developers choice. Its not a major thing really and i rarely notice it unless its like Halo 2 and Mass Effect 1 where when they loaded each scene off the disc and caused some momentary pop-up in textures (was fixed in sequels though). Didnt ruin the game experience though, was just more noticeable in those 2 titles due to developer choice of loading graphic details.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;271522 said:
Yeah it does and its inevitable with that much scenery as the game only needs to load as far as you can see. Draw distances in games differ depending on whats going on in the game and the developers choice. Its not a major thing really and i rarely notice it unless its like Halo 2 and Mass Effect 1 where when they loaded each scene off the disc and caused some momentary pop-up in textures (was fixed in sequels though). Didnt ruin the game experience though, was just more noticeable in those 2 titles due to developer choice of loading graphic details.

I see. Thanks for explaining it. :D Probably gonna get the Xbox 360 version. :)

Now to actually find the game...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;271523 said:
I see. Thanks for explaining it. :D Probably gonna get the Xbox 360 version. :)

Now to actually find the game...

No problem, any time. Im sure you will find it somewhere, it was really popular at the time and people still play it today. Just have to ask around and keep eyes peeled.

Top Bottom