• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Well now DmC is in trouble since SE is going all about in a blaze of glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Interesting how I started this thread to discuss whether or not DmC is in trouble or not and people are jumping completely out of topic and making comments that are irrelevant to the thread.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
WHY THE HELL ARE WE TALKING ABOUT SALES CRAP AGAIN?! SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

5B1dlmk.gif

You know what.......................................................Mark Lee DLC cotume for DMC4: SE

Interesting how I started this thread to discuss whether or not DmC is in trouble or not and people are jumping completely out of topic and making comments that are irrelevant to the thread.
Well when you start a thread of "DmC's in trouble because DMC4: SE is really awesome" to some, it's like saying "The Devil May Cry series is in trouble because Call of Duty is really awsome." you dig your grave, you lay in it.:grumpy:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It kind of was. Or, rather, it failed to meet any type of sales expectations.

Even now three rereleases later, it still hasn't outsold DMC2. 2.
Capcom's sales expectations were unrealistic in the beginning as NO Devil May Cry would meet that kind of number. And dude, 1.7 million is a bomb? I know The Definitive Edition also moved over 20,000 copies in the U.K. launch week so there's that.

Why compare it to 2? DMC 3 hasn't even outsold 2. You can't use sales to judge quality. Can we stop bringing this crap up.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Here is an example of somebody creating a thread designed to bash DmC.

"So DmC is no DMC, am I right?".

And here is a thread that isn't, but is rather open to debate. "So anybody concerned for DmC's future considering DMC 4: SE?".

You see, the first example doesn't have a means other than to basically say or even hope that the community says that DmC sucks in comparison to DMC. Not what we want to see.

The second example is asking a question, maybe giving an opinion or pointing out something. The question would be. "are you concerned?". The opinion would be, "Well DMC is continuing so I think this might effect DmC". And the point would be to have a reasonable and mature discussion as to why anybody might think otherwise.

There are clear differences. And I didn't like where this topic was going. No disrespect to the person who started this thread, quite the contrary. But it was probably never going to work out without it heading down a road I've walked down many times before that I could tell you how many cracks there are on the ground. In which case, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom