• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weird stuff in DMC3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;266728 said:
Those aren't Alastor models, not in DMC1 anyway. I don't know about DMC3, but the DMC1 ones have a yellow gem on them and the wings are slightly different than Alastor.

There's something much much weirder on Dante's walls than reused models though, believe me...

The playboy girl poster with the star nipples, right? Everyone who's played DMC1 probably knows about that.

moseslmpg

It looks to much like Yoda to be a coincidence IMO. At least there are no lightsabers in the game though, because George Lucas would sue the pants off Capcom then.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
dante's right hand cuts many times in the game but end of the game on the dante's glove,there was only one cut and thats from the last scene with vergil.

Vampi

In the last scene with Vergil its Dante's LEFT hand that gets cut, not his right. Also in the first fight with Vergil, Vergil cuts Dante's right SLEEVE, not his hand. That's why Dante rips it off in the following cutscene after that (in Mission 8 i believe).

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
So Dante uses Jedi tricks to defeat his enemies? I never knew that Jedi master Yoda taught Dante =O :lol:

Yeah, that is hilarious to do with the hand cuts and stuff. I love when games make mistakes like that xD

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
In the cutscenes after beeting Vergil in Mission 7, Dante's amulet was missing, and than, Vergil just took him out of no where O.O

Tekken Force

Don't know if someone has posted before, but one thing that struck me about DMC3 was the overall design of the Demon World stages in DMC3? Basically everything from mission 18 onwards. It all looks very opulent and bright, very unlike the Underworld stages of DMC1 (except the room where you meet Mundus).

What the heck was that eye thing in the background? It seems to get progressively closer as you progress through the final stages, by the time you get to the final fight with Vergil, it's REALLY close, with bits and pieces of the place you're in seemingly being sucked into it like a black hole.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Tekken Force;275363 said:
Don't know if someone has posted before, but one thing that struck me about DMC3 was the overall design of the Demon World stages in DMC3? Basically everything from mission 18 onwards. It all looks very opulent and bright, very unlike the Underworld stages of DMC1 (except the room where you meet Mundus).

What the heck was that eye thing in the background? It seems to get progressively closer as you progress through the final stages, by the time you get to the final fight with Vergil, it's REALLY close, with bits and pieces of the place you're in seemingly being sucked into it like a black hole.

Actually, from what people have told me, that's not the actual underworld. It's like an interlude realm between the human world and the underworld.

And that eye thing... I think that thing is the true gate to the underworld. It's always there, looming in the distance, yet you never get to it.

And actually, if you look around the Unsacred Hellgate (the first room of the underworld) look in the background. It seems to be some kind of coliseum, or giant building. Oddly constructed, that's for sure.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
as we all know dante heals really fast like when he gets stabbed like 20 times through his body but im betting since yamato is a bad ass devil arm it left marks that and what happens when we customize before a mission maybe dante gets his gloves fixed and gets ready to roll

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DanteDude99;275375 said:
as we all know dante heals really fast like when he gets stabbed like 20 times through his body but im betting since yamato is a bad ass devil arm it left marks that and what happens when we customize before a mission maybe dante gets his gloves fixed and gets ready to roll

Yes, but, you see, the more damaged Dante is in a short time-span (say, the span of a mission), the slower his healing rate is until it's almost negligible. That's why he can die in the games.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
That doesn't make sense though i think dante being impaled multiple times would be more troublesome for him than it was

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DanteDude99;275749 said:
That doesn't make sense though i think dante being impaled multiple times would be more troublesome for him than it was

By injury, I meant like getting slashed or slammed into the ground.

Perhaps he hides the pain and effort of taking a sword out of his chest?

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Vampi;271048 said:
In the last scene with Vergil its Dante's LEFT hand that gets cut, not his right. Also in the first fight with Vergil, Vergil cuts Dante's right SLEEVE, not his hand. That's why Dante rips it off in the following cutscene after that (in Mission 8 i believe).

Vergil cuts both his hands/gloves.
His right after the first battle between them.
And his left as Vergil falls of the waterfall.

You're right, he has to rip off his sleeve.
But clearly Vergil cuts his right hand as he steals the half-amulet.
He has the sleeve cut by the same strike apparently.

Other then making it really awesome that by the end of the game, both of Dante's gloves are cut in the middle by Vergil, and at the secret ending of DMC3, it shows Dante's gloves on the table, and Dante in his new costume.
It's lead me to believe it makes great story that Vergil ends up cutting Dante's gloves when both reaching for HIM and his Mother's Half-Amulet. And finally to finish it, Dante still remembers his gloves and the history behind them even though he started his new shop "Devil May Cry".

Blackhealer

idk if anyones noticed this before but..the very 1st fight scene of Vergil..i mean just before he enters the towers he has to fight demons right...? well he cuts slashes them like no other can and of course demon blood gushes out of them like a fountain..but Vergil never gets a single drop on his clothes and when he finishes them all..he sweeps back his hair again right?xDDDD you can see like a blood droplets leaving his hair...xD like wut? his air soaked up all the blood so his clothes won't be stained?o_O and his hair doesn't even change color..XD

Blackhealer;276007 said:
idk if anyones noticed this before but..the very 1st fight scene of Vergil..i mean just before he enters the towers he has to fight demons right...? well he cuts slashes them like no other can and of course demon blood gushes out of them like a fountain..but Vergil never gets a single drop on his clothes and when he finishes them all..he sweeps back his hair again right?xDDDD you can see like a blood droplets leaving his hair...xD like wut? his air soaked up all the blood so his clothes won't be stained?o_O and his hair doesn't even change color..XD

Yeah,but that is not really weird that is expected because of low(for this time ofc)ps2 graphics possibilites.
It is weird now(graphics has improved a lot),but then,in the time DMC3 went out this surely hasn´t been noticed by players.

But anyways xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom