• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We Can do it together!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
This reminds me of Constantine in that "do enough of this and that, and you get your series another outting, fans!" sort of call out from the directors.

I can't buy it cause I don't got no PS4, nor do I want to use streams. Sorry.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
I mean, I'll gladly buy it anyway whether it saves the series or not. Never has a hack n' slash made me drool so much since Metal Gear Rising, the combo possibilities with Vergil are just so sublime. Besides, I miss old Dante, no offence to anyone that likes Dmc: Devil May Cry Dante, but his character's not my cup of tea.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dan-gerous Southworth seems to be in your same spirit, Anthony.

2ir24o8.png

outoftheblue

Again, spreading the panic. He has no inside information, the poor thing just reposted that article with Itsuno´s words.
I refuse to let myself be blackmailed into anything. Capcom should be gratefull people are still interested in the franchiese after all this time and the decissions made regarding it.
I will not buy anything based on empty promises.

Reactions: Meg

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
This would have been easier if they just gave us a physical copy...Yes I relocated, but I still stand by my point, there could be a lot of people who want the game, but are incapable of downloading it. It's why online/digital download should only be an option, NOT a requirement

Veloran

there could be a lot of people who want the game, but are incapable of downloading it.
Who? The only possible reasons for someone being incapable of downloading it are either that they don't own the systems, or their memory is full.

And frankly, with so few games on the PS4 and Bone, that would make no sense.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Guys lets be realistic, when capcom gave damn about being vocal? People were begging for Darkstalkers for ages, and they canned it because of sales of 10th port of it.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Who? The only possible reasons for someone being incapable of downloading it are either that they don't own the systems, or their memory is full.

And frankly, with so few games on the PS4 and Bone, that would make no sense.
*sighs* Veloran, I've told you this before. Some people have very poor quality internet where playing online, can really f@3k with their system, or attempting to download games, is a nightmare.
Additionally, not everyone even has an internet connection. These are the exact same points that were brought up back when the X-Box One was going to be online only.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
So, anyone here with enough knowledge of Japanese, so they can check the original interview? Cause I just saw some guy on Neogaf claim that this whole thing with if game doesn't sell enough there will be no DMC5 is a mistranslation.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=167721286&postcount=97

津野: 『4』の発売から 7 年経って 、ようやく「スペシャルエディション」を形に出来ましたが、だからと言って、このままナンバリングシリーズが作れるかどうかは分かりません。
また7年後、もしくはそれ以上・・・とならないためにも、 『デビル メイ クライ 4 スペシャルディション』の応援 と、 続編希望のメッセージ 、ぜひぜひお願いいたします!!-Original Text

Tsuno: It has passed from sale of "4" for 7 years, and I don't know "special edition" could be made the shape finally, but even so, whether a numbering series can be made just as it is.
7 years later or the message which are also support of "devil Make-up lie 4 Special de-tion" and a continuation request in the purpose which won't be*.. any more by all means by all means, please!- Text translated by http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english_japanese/

7 grows old from "four" release, and it was possible for form, but Tsuno doesn't finally understand "a special edition" yet whether you can make the numbering series as it is. In addition, I ask for support of "four devil make rye スペシャルディション" and a message of sequel hope by all means not to become ... more than seven years later or it!!Type text to translate here...-Text translated by www.reverso.net

So, the text in fact ask people to buy the game and to show their support.

PS: Sorry, but I have to say this.People are interpreting Itsuno saying he fears he wouldn't be able to do a numbered DMC. This could mean a lot of things, even that Itsuno fears he wouldn't be in Capcom when it happens : he will retired or get fired or lost interest, not that DMC is dead.Remember Itsuno expressed his desired of being him to do a future DMC5 .
It's natural Capcom associates sales with fan's interest in the franchise: if you like, you buy it.They are testing if DMC still has place in the actual market , just that.

Last edited:

outoftheblue

@Foxtrot94 He´s an actor, he doesn´t neccesarly have to know any plans regarding next games. It could be he´s taking part in the sales strategy, which is totally normal or he´s not directly involved in DMC5-IF they are making it or going to make it and has no inside info. Who knows.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94 He´s an actor, he doesn´t neccesarly have to know any plans regarding next games. It could be he´s taking part in the sales strategy, which is totally normal or he´s not directly involved in DMC5-IF they are making it or going to make it and has no inside info. Who knows.

No, what I meant is that the whole thing comes from Itsuno's mouth. That's pretty "inside", you know.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Seriously, why do people think the two different versions of the series are competing with each other? Ugh. Like, how freakin stupid....whatever.

As much as I love Devil May Cry, no, I am not buying the worst in the series again. None of its glaring problems were even addressed, and all of it seems like just DLC sold back to you as another copy of a game you already own. Even more characters, but same poop.

I actually like Devil May Cry, which is why DMC 4 doesn't get put on a high chair. That's a low point in the series and because I want this series to be the best it can be, I won't act like it isn't.

outoftheblue

@Foxtrot94 I see! I thought you were talking about Dan. Well, I wouldn´t take Itsuno too seriously. It could be a strategy to boost up DMC4 SE sales. It doesn´t have to mean what he says is 100% true.

Top Bottom