• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We Can do it together!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Seriously, why do people think the two different versions of the series are competing with each other? Ugh. Like, how freakin stupid....whatever.

Man, it's time for you to face it. There are two universes of Devil May Cry. And not enough resources to keep em both going at the same time. One of the two has to be cast aside (at least temporarily) while the other gets the funding to continue.
Capcom themselves are even equipping DMC4 SE (only the JP version, as far as I know) with a survey to decide the future of the franchise.

Ok if you don't like it, but that's the situation. And you can blame Capcom for that.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
this whole stunt if its even true or not is kind of bull ****
devil may cry fans have proved far more then we should have to that we want DMC5

DMC 4 is Capcom's 11 best selling game
and Devil may cry is there 5th best selling franchise
according to this page

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Capcom_games

every DMC has sold over 2 million (if you count DMC3 and 3SE together) except DmC which still sold over a million

i pre ordered DMC4SE because i love devil may cry
but it shouldn't be the the deciding factor of DMC5 being made

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Man, it's time for you to face it. There are two universes of Devil May Cry. And not enough resources to keep em both going at the same time. One of the two has to be cast aside (at least temporarily) while the other gets the funding to continue.
Capcom themselves are even equipping DMC4 SE (only the JP version, as far as I know) with a survey to decide the future of the franchise.

Ok if you don't like it, but that's the situation. And you can blame Capcom for that.
The point is only a freaking retarded cesspool of fans think two games in the same franchise are some how competing with one another.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Capcom is stupid like this. "what we can do avoid doing something ourselves. Lets make others do it. We don't want to do anything on our own, so let's make unreal goals to excuse our laziness." Damn. I'm disgusted :/
Though considering attitude of some "fans" here I see where this comes from.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The point is only a freaking retarded cesspool of fans think two games in the same franchise are some how competing with one another.

But in a way, they kinda are. Capcom can't afford to keep both alive at the same time. And sure as hell they can't afford making a sequel belonging to one of the two universes that would end up flopping. Therefore, they need to see which one of the two could be the more popular and attract the more people to buy it (the answer is crystal clear to me, but Capcom IS dumb like that). Is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

Yeah it's a poopy situation, but hey, "chi semina vento raccoglie tempesta"*, right? Capcom has been slowly putting a Facehugger on their own face with time, and now, if they're not careful and mistake, they risk to be torn apart by the inevitable Chestburster.

And stop insulting people in your comments, dude, please.

*Way of saying meaning that those who are responsible for their own troubles will end up badly because of it.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I would if I could. But, I can't. I don't have a current generation console. If I did, I'd definitely buy it, even though I don't buy digital. If it had a physical release, I'd buy it anyway and save it for when I do have a current generation console. Unfortunately, that isn't happening.
You can import physical version from Asian release, since it's completely on english. (It's also not full-priced game)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
*sighs* Veloran, I've told you this before. Some people have very poor quality internet where playing online, can really f@3k with their system, or attempting to download games, is a nightmare.
Additionally, not everyone even has an internet connection. These are the exact same points that were brought up back when the X-Box One was going to be online only.
I agree with this. There are various reasons as to why it can't be downloaded.

Some people aren't capable of seeing things outside of their own point of view.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You don't agree, that's fine, but if ya got nothing nice to say,say nothing at all
It's not an opinion. I'm pointing out a fact. The latest game and the original series are not competitors. No one else sees it that way besides the disgruntled, bitter fanboys.

And also, if you take someone bad mouthing a video game personally, you need to get over yourself.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm pointing out a fact.

I told you how that "fact" ain't true. As much as I'd like the situation to be different, there's only enough resources at Capcom to carry on only one of the two sagas.

Also no, it's not just the "bitter fanboys". Capcom itself too. They're slapping a survey on the SE to see where the franchise should be going, ffs! Idiots... but I don't wanna rant about that again, I already did.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
It's not an opinion. I'm pointing out a fact. The latest game and the original series are not competitors. No one else sees it that way besides the disgruntled, bitter fanboys.

And also, if you take someone bad mouthing a video game personally, you need to get over yourself.
I don't take someone bad mouthing a video game personally. However, being called stupid and retarded is another story.

Anyway, maybe to you it's a fact, but I'm not convinced, and I believe Foxy's already provided reasons why

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Chill out dude, unless you know Capcom personally or have someone in the inside of the company you calling it a "fact" is completely groundless.

And besides as Foxtrot already pointed out there is evidence to the contrary given that Capcom released a survey to see where the series should head in the future, Its ok if in your opinion there is no competition between the two but calling it a fact is another thing (unless you have proof from Capcom themselves to back it up).

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Chill out dude, unless you know Capcom personally or have someone in the inside of the company you calling it a "fact" is completely groundless.

And besides as Foxtrot already pointed out there is evidence to the contrary given that Capcom released a survey to see where the series should head in the future, Its ok if in your opinion there is no competition between the two but calling it a fact is another thing (unless you have proof from Capcom themselves to back it up).
Where is this survey then?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Chancey289: Please try to put your points across in a less offensive manner. You might not think you're putting things in a bad way, but what others take from the way you come across (and you should know this yourself from prior warnings) means you should be acknowledging this and not continuing to display a particular type of negative attitude. Don't attack others for difference of opinions or views and be so quick to brandish people with labels such as 'retarded fanboys' or anything of the like.

Thanks.

Top Bottom