• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We Can do it together!

Meg

The point is only a freaking retarded cesspool of fans think two games in the same franchise are some how competing with one another.

x0fdPF5.gif

*thinks DmC and DMC are competing* Sooooo I'm a freaking retarded cesspool of a fan, huh? As is everyone else who feels similarly? Thanks.

:banghead:

Okay, Chancey enough. You gained enough warning points for a temp ban last time, but the auto-ban didn't kick in. So the staff was nice and decided to give you one more chance. Which you just blew. So another warning added and a temp ban will follow once an admin gets on to initiate it. See ya in two weeks.

I swear, if you send me a pity parade of a PM.....

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I
x0fdPF5.gif

*thinks DmC and DMC are competing* Sooooo I'm a freaking retarded cesspool of a fan, huh? As is everyone else who feels similarly? Thanks.

:banghead:

Okay, Chancey enough. You gained enough warning points for a temp ban last time, but the auto-ban didn't kick in. So the staff was nice and decided to give you one more chance. Which you just blew. So another warning added and a temp ban will follow once an admin gets on to initiate it. See ya in two weeks.

I swear, if you send me a pity parade of a PM.....
I wasn't talking about anyone here cheesus crust. Why are people taking that personally? I was just being very general about those really annoying and uber silly fanboys. You know the ones I'm talking about.

Fine, whatever.

Meg

I

I wasn't talking about anyone here cheesus crust. Why are people taking that personally? I was just being very general about those really annoying and uber silly fanboys. You know the ones I'm talking about.

Fine, whatever.
The problem is that you have a **** poor attitude, say whatever you want, and then try to cover your tracks when you get called out. Banned from responding to this thread.

Carry on, everyone.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I

Fine, whatever.
So you just didn't notice that I made a post expressing that I am of the opinion that they are being put against each other? No, that was just a coincidence?

giphy.gif

EDIT @Meg Just saying I started typing this before your last post came up

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!

It got personal when you started name calling, which you are still doing.

It's like me saying, this is not directed to anyone specifically, but people who like Splatoon and Sony are all idiots. Remember, it's not directed at anyone here so don't take it personally.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's #saveconstantine all over again. Director gives an ultimatum to save the series, fans do their very best to try and save it, gets canned anyway. Jfc it really sucks when things like this happen. It feels like Capcom is just baiting the fans of the series by beating the dead horse and riding it for all its worth. I already lost DmC, now I gotta lose the possibility of a good original Devil May Cry?
As Kendric Lamar said; THAT'S. BOO-BOO.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Guys.....don't. Just don't. Chancey has been banned from the thread, so there is no reason to keep beating him down.
Yes that is very true, moving on

So, now that I am able, I do intend to get the SE, which I was planning on doing before I heard about this. Strictly for Vergil...What can I say, he was one of my favorite things about DMC1 and DMC3.

I do hope the game gets the support, so we don't lose the series....That being said, let's face it, Capcom are idiots. They placed the fate of the series on a rerelease of a game, that was already compromised due to being digital-only, and, as much as I personally like it, one of the weaker installments of original series. Sure it's the best selling, but this is a re-release, very rarely do they come close to the original release

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
But no, this is really saddening.

Capcom's putting the future of an ENTIRE 15 year series that could include both the originals and reboot and either of them getting sequels.......on a RE-RELEASE?
Like, yeah 3 new characters with new costumes was cool and all, but this is NOT the game to be putting Devil May Cry's last leg on. The sad part is that Capcom PUT themselves in this hole. They're selling DMC4:SE on a digital release for the rest of the world, while Japan gets a physical release. I don't know how the sales for DMC4 were for JP, but cutting your audience cash cow short on purpose is a gutsy, overconfident, and stupid move no matter how you slice it. I can get that there's a digital release for everywhere else because of budget, but honestly, and I say this as a die-hard fan of DmC till the day I die, but they should have given DMC4:SE the physical release treatment instead of DmC. If they really wanted to save the franchise of the original version, they would've done that.

Like I said; it's #saveconstantine all over again.
d88254b0d00e8e17d0a7f854ca302e80.jpg

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
I don't get it. What's the big deal between digital and physical release here? And I mean, I know the difference between the two, but what's the problem for DMC4:SE exactly?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I don't get it. What's the big deal between digital and physical release here? And I mean, I know the difference between the two, but what's the problem for DMC4:SE exactly?
Like I said before. It's not ideal. Many people have poor internet that makes online gaming and downloading games impossible. Additionally, not everyone even has an internet connection. These are the same points for why digital/online only gaming is not a good idea.
Also, I don't know about you. But I like physical copies. I'm the type of guy who likes to keep his movies and games displayed on a shelf (alphabetically). Many gamers keep to that mindset.

That, and my previous post, being said

tumblr_mh7zp8gAXF1qa9jn1o2_500.gif

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

To put it simply, you cutting out a large chunk of your consumers by making it digital only since for reasons stated above not everone has a good internet connection or even internet for that matter.

And thats not factoring in that some my have their system storage close to capacity and may not buy it since they don't have enough room for it on the hard drive.

Bottom line is that the game could get into so many other fans hands if it has a physical release.

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
To put it simply, you cutting out a large chunk of your consumers by making it digital only since for reasons stated above not everone has a good internet connection or even internet for that matter.

And thats not factoring in that some my have their system storage close to capacity and may not buy it since they don't have enough room for it on the hard drive.

Bottom line is that the game could get into so many other fans hands if it has a physical release.

oh, yeah, those are some good points. hopefully the deterred fans aren't enough to keep capcom from continuing the franchise

Like I said before. It's not ideal. Many people have poor internet that makes online gaming and downloading games impossible. Additionally, not everyone even has an internet connection.

That, and my previous post, being said

tumblr_mh7zp8gAXF1qa9jn1o2_500.gif

#hope

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Even if I could get my hands on a physical copy, I'm not exactly thrilled or motivated to hear I should buy a game I've already bought twice over... to decide the series' future? And that's only DMC4. I've got 5 different editions of DMC3 and 2 of the HD collection... and I'm not the only one who's bought these things more than once. .__.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Even if I could get my hands on a physical copy, I'm not exactly thrilled or motivated to told I should buy a game I've already bought twice over... to decide the series' future? And that's only DMC4. I've got 5 different editions of DMC3 and 2 of the HD collection... and I'm not the only one who's bought these things more than once. .__.
I only bought the HD collection, and the vanilla DMC4...Ironically the only DMC game I bought twice was DmC (PS3 and PS4)

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
not that they don't it first time. Remember darkstalkers? They threw tantrum over "poor" sells of Re-re-re-release of PSP version with cut-out features :/

KRSkull

I don't think that buying the game would support the series and make The company release new games for the series. I mean People have been asking for a new Dino Crisis game ever since 2004. and they didn't get a remake or a HD remaster. Of course someone is going to say that Dino Crisis 3 was the worst game, it didn't sell, or it ruined the series that is why they aren't releasing a new game for that series.

Well i would say that is probably true. But isn't that what people said about DMC2 and if i am not mistaken Capcom said that DMC2 is not canon. and yet we got 3 new games, two Special edition, HD collection, and a definitive edition.

Top Bottom