• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was Eva Really A Normal Human?

Railazel

that doesn't make sense if she was a witch then how did she die ?? she never had a back story planned she was just meant to be a dead human character now that bayonetta is here now you guys are speculating that dante's mom was a witch the whole witch thing didn't come into spotlight until bayonetta was released so the game was made wayyy before the concept could be even applied so its kinda odd to think that way

EDIT in dmc anime i am watching in ep8 dante's backstory is revealed a bit he was tony redgrave (the same username haunts me lol) in the village his mother was killed along the whole village was destroyed now dante opens the hell gate and kills the demon who is responsible for that unforgivable sin :) and that demon also says

you're man born of human and demon

1) Bayonetta and Devil May Cry are said to be in the same universe. However, because Bayonetta is a product of Sega, an official statement confirming that will never be made. In fact, its more likely that Sega would disagree because Devil May Cry is Capcom's product and saying that the two games are in the same universe would be an act of copyright/trademark infringement.

2) Bayonetta summons demons that are similar to ones seen in DMC. For example, she summons a giant lava spider named Phantasmaranae, who people speculate is a cousin of Phantom, a giant boss fought in DMC1 and DMC2.

3) There is a man name Antonio Redgrave, who was killed when Bayonetta woke up from her 500- year nap. Dante's alias, as you said, is Tony Redgrave. Some people think that Dante might have met Antonio and took up his name as his hunting alias.

4) The same Enzo who is Dante's information broker is the same one from Bayonetta.

5) A concept art shows Sparda and Eva during the Victorian age. The Victorian age? Why would they draw them in there?

Combining all that information, its seems pretty likely that the referrence to Eva being a witch would've been DMC's former creator's way of trying to provide some background info for the woman considering that we know diddly- squat about her to begin with.

So with that, I believe I am perfectly justified in believe that Eva might have been a witch.

And again, WITCHES CAN DIE!! Heck, Bayonetta and Jeanne were the last ones. Its possible Eva was the third survivor until she was killed by demons. Furthermore, not alot of us consider anything other than the games canon considering that the information always end up buggy, so I would suggest taking info from the Anime with a grain of salt.

Now to move on, I kind of like the story Bayonetta has of Eva much more than the traditional "legendary demon x weak human" story because of the fact that the two met from a contract. As Witches in Bayonetta go, you have to make a contract with a demon in order to grow in power, so in a sense she was weak to begin with. Then, when she made a contract with Sparda, she grew greatly in strength, to the point where her name became legendary as well. This would explain how Mundus got to her because if her name wasn't well known, then Mundus would have a hard time finding her. And before this fact gets bashed, Sparda disappeared for awhile without no one knowing where he was, so he might have had taken a new name for himself. If Eva was a normal human being and Sparda changed his name, then it would be very easy to conceal the fact that he had a family. Even moreso, Sparda was dead by the time Mundus attacked. So with not knowing where Sparda is or if he had family, or either knowing that Sparda had died and his wife was a weak human, what would logically cause Mundus to attack them? Even if he knew Eva was weak, there would be no point in killing her since the only person he would be having vengenace against is already dead. The only reason why he would kill her is becasue she had to be worth it, and a weak human wouldn't really be worth it. Besides, she was killed by demons, as in multiple of them. If she's weak, why multiple when only one would do? Dante and Vergil weren't strong enough to tackle demons back then and there was no one protecting her, so why not just have one demon do the job?

And may I remind you that Sparda isn't stupid enough to leave his family unprotected, he has to leave some protection behind but what that protection is is never hinted at. But with the points that I just made, it makes sense that Eva had to be alot more powerful than we think she was.

johntoreno07

1) Bayonetta and Devil May Cry are said to be in the same universe. However, because Bayonetta is a product of Sega, an official statement confirming that will never be made. In fact, its more likely that Sega would disagree because Devil May Cry is Capcom's product and saying that the two games are in the same universe would be an act of copyright/trademark infringement.

*so ??? THIS IS just official thing sonic belongs to sega and mario belongs to nintendo easy as that idk what this has to do with eva and sparda

2) Bayonetta summons demons that are similar to ones seen in DMC. For example, she summons a giant lava spider named Phantasmaranae, who people speculate is a cousin of Phantom, a giant boss fought in DMC1 and DMC2.

*demons are spawned in every damn hack'n'slash game -_- so what if monsters are similar it was made by the creator of DMC1 afterall this has nothing to do with eva

3) There is a man name Antonio Redgrave, who was killed when Bayonetta woke up from her 500- year nap. Dante's alias, as you said, is Tony Redgrave. Some people think that Dante might have met Antonio and took up his name as his hunting alias.

* again an easter egg do you think snake from MGS has to do anything with snake from mortal kombat ?? what does this has to do with 2000 early story development of devil may cry anyway

4) The same Enzo who is Dante's information broker is the same one from Bayonetta.

SO WHAT ? I can even list more similar names of candidates in republican party and democrats -_-

5) A concept art shows Sparda and Eva during the Victorian age. The Victorian age? Why would they draw them in there?

SO what its simply one damn concept art which the game never followed so the point is invaild if that was the case then dante's story should have taken place in the age of sword fighting and templars :)

Combining all that information, its seems pretty likely that the referrence to Eva being a witch would've been DMC's former creator's way of trying to provide some background info for the woman considering that we know diddly- squat about her to begin with.

No she was just meant to be a mere reference of a dead character but it is 1000% implied in later games/anime that she is just infact a normal human nothing but normal human bayonetta may not have existed if capcom never kicked that poor Japanese director out in the first place

So with that, I believe I am perfectly justified in believe that Eva might have been a witch.

eh eh NO you haven't

And again, WITCHES CAN DIE!! Heck, Bayonetta and Jeanne were the last ones. Its possible Eva was the third survivor until she was killed by demons. Furthermore, not alot of us consider anything other than the games canon considering that the information always end up buggy, so I would suggest taking info from the Anime with a grain of salt.

Now to move on, I kind of like the story Bayonetta has of Eva much more than the traditional "legendary demon x weak human" story because of the fact that the two met from a contract. As Witches in Bayonetta go, you have to make a contract with a demon in o............................................................................................................................ endless :)

dude you're making your own fanfiction no offence ! bayonetta and dmc universes are different !! and every part of dmc anime is canon

And may I remind you that Sparda isn't stupid enough to leave his family unprotected, he has to leave some protection behind but what that protection is is never hinted at. But with the points that I just made, it makes sense that Eva had to be alot more powerful than we think she was.

No we don't know what happend to sparda no one knows not even demons no buddy its just you who wants her to be strong

ZeroLove

No we don't know what happend to sparda no one knows not even demons no buddy its just you who wants her to be strong

There's no one called Snake in Mortal Kombat. XD
Your arguements are as flawed as a fake diamond. Railazel's arguements are quite valid to prove the theory that Bayonetta and Devil May Cry happens in the same world and that Eva is possibly a witch. Your attempt to disprove it is nothing but your opinions against his. Maybe you should just agree to disagree.

Railazel

There's no one called Snake in Mortal Kombat. XD
Your arguements are as flawed as a fake diamond. Railazel's arguements are quite valid to prove the theory that Bayonetta and Devil May Cry happens in the same world and that Eva is possibly a witch. Your attempt to disprove it is nothing but your opinions against his. Maybe you should just agree to disagree.

Zwei, if you weren't a guy, I would kiss you right now.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think it is simply a wink and nod to an old series that the director of bayonetta did. But I'm not against it as im the dude who wanted to make a unified capcom universe using DMC as the universe to host it in. So lets add bayonetta for kicks.

Railazel

I wonder if Eva knew who Sparda really was. It makes you think what kind of woman Eva was for sleeping with a demon.
She had to have known. This is the guy who's going make her babies!

"Ohmigosh, Sparda, that was amazing!"

"There's something I forgot to tell you."

"What?"

"I'm the same demon who fought Mundus all those years ago... I'm a demon."

"0_O... F*ck Yeah! XD"

Bayonetta is not even canon to DMC

Its officially non- canon, Bayonetta is owned by Sega so obviously they wouldn't place her in the same universe as Capcom's product. Unofficially, there's too many similarities between the two and considering how much we don't know about DMC, Bayonetta can answer possibly answer some questions.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Re Orbs will do. Sweet now I can buy the Stinger move!! :) I agree with your comment by the way.

She had to have known. This is the guy who's going make her babies!

"Ohmigosh, Sparda, that was amazing!"

"There's something I forgot to tell you."

"What?"

"I'm the same demon who fought Mundus all those years ago... I'm a demon."

"0_O... F*ck Yeah! XD"
Graphic!!! My eyes!!!! Damn it! Lol

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Re Orbs will do. Sweet now I can buy the Stinger move!! :) I agree with your comment by the way.
Maybe Sparda used Stinger on Eva.

Now to move on, I kind of like the story Bayonetta has of Eva much more than the traditional "legendary demon x weak human" story because of the fact that the two met from a contract. As Witches in Bayonetta go, you have to make a contract with a demon in order to grow in power, so in a sense she was weak to begin with. Then, when she made a contract with Sparda, she grew greatly in strength, to the point where her name became legendary as well. .
So, she only dated Sparda to gain more power? Or maybe, you meant that their relationship grew stronger since then.

Railazel

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The reason why I bring this is up is that in Bayonetta, there is an accesory called the Bracelet of Time. In it's description, it says that Eva, an extraodinary witch, made a contract with a legendary dark night to face the amassed armies of Hell. Naturally, Kamiya added this as a referrence to DMC, but considering that possibility that these two are (unofficially) in the same universe, it could be possible that Eva was a witch ,like Bayonetta and Jeanne, and met Sparda to make a contract with him (In Bayonetta, witches make contracts with demons, commonly demonesses) and the two fell in love as time passed.
....auuuuwww! :( There goes my theory that she was just a plain ol' Jane.
Considering the DMC universe, I have only one question.
Define 'normal'?

Top Bottom