• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was Eva Really A Normal Human?

Railazel

What do you mean with 'why'?
I don't know whether you realize this but the only thing Eva has done important in the series is give birth to babies and die. Personally, I would take anything that would make her seem just a little bit more... important.

ZeroLove

I don't know whether you realize this but the only thing Eva has done important in the series is give birth to babies and die. Personally, I would take anything that would make her seem just a little bit more... important.

He asked if Eva should be a witch. The very word 'should' indicates that it is a necessity and I don't think it is a necessity for Eva to be a witch, however, the three things I mentioned above are, as they define who Dante is. Eva being a normal human or a witch doesn't really have any effect on the Devil May Cry series as they are now. It would be a perfect excuse for Capcom and Platinum Games to make a Devil May Cry/Bayonetta crossover game though.

Railazel

He asked if Eva should be a witch. The very word 'should' indicates that it is a necessity and I don't think it is a necessity for Eva to be a witch, however, the three things I mentioned above are, as they define who Dante is. Eva being a normal human or a witch doesn't really have any effect on the Devil May Cry series as they are now. It would be a perfect excuse for Capcom and Platinum Games to make a Devil May Cry/Bayonetta crossover game though.
I understand that, but she should be more considering that she's the least important character in the franchise.

ZeroLove

I understand that, but she should be more considering that she's the least important character in the franchise.

As a character in the game, she is nothing but a memory. Unless her being a witch has some effect on the storyline in future games, then I don't find it a necessity. I do however think it is a cool thought that Eva might have been a witch, a thought I am quite fond of as it does indeed make Eva a more interesting character, imo.

johntoreno07

OH NOW suddenly dante's mother is a b**** COME ON ! didn't you see the episode of DMC anime in which there is romeo juliet kinda conrny episode in which they show about a demon with healing powers in love with human i don't really think she was a witch if she was then she wouldn't have died in the first place and also dante only has demon powers not witchcraft powers seriously eva wansn't meant to be a witch only thing that bayonetta was created you mind was started asking stupid questions like this it was 2000 game and eva was only meant to be a dead character in the game

ZeroLove

OH NOW suddenly dante's mother is a b**** COME ON ! didn't you see the episode of DMC anime in which there is romeo juliet kinda conrny episode in which they show about a demon with healing powers in love with human i don't really think she was a witch if she was then she wouldn't have died in the first place and also dante only has demon powers not witchcraft powers seriously eva wansn't meant to be a witch only thing that bayonetta was created you mind was started asking stupid questions like this it was 2000 game and eva was only meant to be a dead character in the game

A witch, not a b*tch. XD

Railazel

I don't really think she was a witch if she was then she wouldn't have died in the first place and also dante only has demon powers not witchcraft powers seriously eva wansn't meant to be a witch only thing that bayonetta was created you mind was started asking stupid questions like this it was 2000 game and eva was only meant to be a dead character in the game

Calm down bro. First of all, Witches can still die, its not like they're immortal. Second, Dante knows magic, and I'm not talking about him using his devil powers on his weapons, he somehow knows how to make a platform of magic under his feet which isn't shown to be a unique devil power. And then there's Vergil who at some point learns to make spectral swords using magic. Dante and Vergil aren't "part- witch," but Eva being a witch could give them the skills to learn magic.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm against it tho since I'm more for Eva being a regular human. I'm a fan of regular humans kicking supernatural behind on their own hence why Lady is my favorite character.

johntoreno07

Calm down bro. First of all, Witches can still die, its not like they're immortal. Second, Dante knows magic, and I'm not talking about him using his devil powers on his weapons, he somehow knows how to make a platform of magic under his feet which isn't shown to be a unique devil power. And then there's Vergil who at some point learns to make spectral swords using magic. Dante and Vergil aren't "part- witch," but Eva being a witch could give them the skills to learn magic.

then what about nero ?? he also can do air hike

johntoreno07

Who knows? As far as I'm concerned that boy's a black hole of logic.

ha ha black-hole i can simply put it like this people in young many people dmc universe have white hair so nobody notices it or is surprised to see someone with white hair and also anyone can hide their demonic arm for more than a year And i think Nero is a clone yes i think nero is a clone of vergil or dante

ZeroLove

ha ha black-hole i can simply put it like this people in young many people dmc universe have white hair so nobody notices it or is surprised to see someone with white hair and also anyone can hide their demonic arm for more than a year And i think Nero is a clone yes i think nero is a clone of vergil or dante

The only white-haired people shown in Devil May Cry are members of the Sparda family, that is if Nero is indeed part of it. Matier and Sanctus have white/grey hair because they are old which is just natural.

Railazel

what do you know about nero that he is a decendent of sparda and an orpahn and he was raised by credo and whole order i think is nero is pretty much clone himself since
That's your personal belief, good for you, but what's wrong with me believing that Eva might be a witch?

johntoreno07

That's your personal belief, good for you, but what's wrong with me believing that Eva might be a witch?

that doesn't make sense if she was a witch then how did she die ?? she never had a back story planned she was just meant to be a dead human character now that bayonetta is here now you guys are speculating that dante's mom was a witch the whole witch thing didn't come into spotlight until bayonetta was released so the game was made wayyy before the concept could be even applied so its kinda odd to think that way

EDIT in dmc anime i am watching in ep8 dante's backstory is revealed a bit he was tony redgrave (the same username haunts me lol) in the village his mother was killed along the whole village was destroyed now dante opens the hell gate and kills the demon who is responsible for that unforgivable sin :) and that demon also says

you're man born of human and demon

Top Bottom