• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was Eva Really A Normal Human?

Railazel

The reason why I bring this is up is that in Bayonetta, there is an accesory called the Bracelet of Time. In it's description, it says that Eva, an extraodinary witch, made a contract with a legendary dark night to face the amassed armies of Hell. Naturally, Kamiya added this as a referrence to DMC, but considering that possibility that these two are (unofficially) in the same universe, it could be possible that Eva was a witch ,like Bayonetta and Jeanne, and met Sparda to make a contract with him (In Bayonetta, witches make contracts with demons, commonly demonesses) and the two fell in love as time passed.

ZeroLove

I love that little pointer to that Eva might be a witch. A witch is also a human though. She could have magical powers and that might have caught Sparda's attention which is why he fell in love with her, like you said. That would be a really cool and romantic possibility. ^^

Railazel

I love that little pointer to that Eva might be a witch. A witch is also a human though. She could have magical powers and that might have caught Sparda's attention which is why he fell in love with her, like you said. That would be a really cool and romantic possibility. ^^
I know right? It would explain why Sparda wouldn't have any other woman until he saw Eva (that is, if he didn't have any other woman before Eva). In fact, that would also explain how Dante and Vergil knew magic.

ZeroLove

I know right? It would explain why Sparda wouldn't have any other woman until he saw Eva (that is, if he didn't have any other woman before Eva). In fact, that would also explain how Dante and Vergil knew magic.

Sparda was a demon. I doubt he held chastity very high. Nevan is a proof of it. From what she says in Devil May Cry 3, it really sounds like she have had some cozy times with Sparda. XD

Railazel

Heyheyhey, calm yourself, you perverted little thing, you! All she said was that he was a handsome devil, and considering that he sealed her up in a tower for over 2000 years doesn't exactly show that they had some "cozy times" with each other. Besides, he held honor as a high regard and that includes not flirting with women unless you're in love with them.

ZeroLove

Heyheyhey, calm yourself, you perverted little thing, you! All she said was that he was a handsome devil, and considering that he sealed her up in a tower for over 2000 years doesn't exactly show that they had some "cozy times" with each other. Besides, he held honor as a high regard and that includes not flirting with women unless you're in love with them.

Honourable men aren't all templars and people of the church. Even honourable men of the church had some sex on the side. And who says they weren't in love? No, unless you can put some direct proof in front of me that Sparda never had sex with any other woman than Eva, then I won't be convinced. Sparda was a demon. A demon! The very spawn of all that is evil! I doubt he was born as a saint and was a saint all his life. He obviously changed his mind and became an honourable man, defending humankind and locked away his fellow demons, but I sincerely doubt he never had sex with anyone before Eva.

Railazel

Honourable men aren't all templars and people of the church. Even honourable men of the church had some sex on the side. And who says they weren't in love? No, unless you can put some direct proof in front of me that Sparda never had sex with any other woman than Eva, then I won't be convinced. Sparda was a demon. A demon! The very spawn of all that is evil! I doubt he was born as a saint and was a saint all his life. He obviously changed his mind and became an honourable man, defending humankind and locked away his fellow demons, but I sincerely doubt he never had sex with anyone before Eva.

Now where do I begin? Ah yes, Dante and Vergil are pure embodiments of Sparda's aspects. Dante being purely rebellious, which also include a "I don't give a crap" attitude and a tendency to be flashy (since all rebellions tend to be big). Vergil, being purely honorable, would also mean that he was very disciplined. Those who are self- disciplined stray away from worldly pleasures. So if Sparda had both of their attributes, that would also mean that, being an honorable person, he wouldn't just do it with any hoochie, whether he is a demon or human, and he had these traits as a demon.

Furthermore, Demons in DMC are different from the Demons here in the Real World. Take Cerberus for example, what demon would just give his soul to the person who defeated him? Same thing with Agni and Rudra, those guys don't act like demons at all! So in DMC, demons can have a sense of honor and these guys have kept theirs for over 2000 years.

ZeroLove

Now where do I begin? Ah yes, Dante and Vergil are pure embodiments of Sparda's aspects. Dante being purely rebellious, which also include a "I don't give a crap" attitude and a tendency to be flashy (since all rebellions tend to be big). Vergil, being purely honorable, would also mean that he was very disciplined. Those who are self- disciplined stray away from worldly pleasures. So if Sparda had both of their attributes, that would also mean that, being an honorable person, he wouldn't just do it with any hoochie, whether he is a demon or human, and he had these traits as a demon.

Furthermore, Demons in DMC are different from the Demons here in the Real World. Take Cerberus for example, what demon would just give his soul to the person who defeated him? Same thing with Agni and Rudra, those guys don't act like demons at all! So in DMC, demons can have a sense of honor and these guys have kept theirs for over 2000 years.

These are theories, but good theories, however, no where does it directly say that Sparda never had sex with another woman. Sparda was incredibly old himself, right? Being an immortal demon and all before he gave it up when locking down the rest of the demons. So he could have had many lovers, girlfriends, wives and what not in the past and STILL be a very honourable man.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
These are theories, but good theories, however, no where does it directly say that Sparda never had sex with another woman. Sparda was incredibly old himself, right? Being an immortal demon and all before he gave it up when locking down the rest of the demons. So he could have had many lovers, girlfriends, wives and what not in the past and STILL be a very honourable man.
Like Hugh Hefner

Railazel

Yeah, I know, I'm a personal believer in that, however if we assume that Eva had lived as long as Sparda, then that boots the theory right out the window.
Like Hugh Hefner

Hugh Hefner isn't honorable. He is to be honored, but he's not an honorable man himself.

ZeroLove

Honour is different from person to person. I think Sparda could still be an honourable man and still have had sex with several women. I don't consider sex a sin, it's a natural thing and there's nothing dishonourable about it, imo.

Railazel

quote="ZweiLove, post: 315489, member: 17121"]Honour is different from person to person. I think Sparda could still be an honourable man and still have had sex with several women. I don't consider sex a sin, it's a natural thing and there's nothing dishonourable about it, imo.[/quote]
Sex isn't a sin, immoral sex is, its okay to do something out of innocent curiosity, but if you go ahead and say "screw this, I'm going to f*ck five chicks a night" then you got some problems ("too many b*tches will get you some stitches"). And, trust me when I say this, Honor is universal, its the same in any culture. However, its how you honor a person that changes. The practitioning of trying to be honorable includes being a person of strong discipline, that's how it works in Christianity, Way of Samurai, and many other cultures, as well as being upright and stern in your ways.

[

ZeroLove

quote="ZweiLove, post: 315489, member: 17121"]Honour is different from person to person. I think Sparda could still be an honourable man and still have had sex with several women. I don't consider sex a sin, it's a natural thing and there's nothing dishonourable about it, imo.
Sex isn't a sin, immoral sex is, its okay to do something out of innocent curiosity, but if you go ahead and say "screw this, I'm going to f*ck five chicks a night" then you got some problems ("too many b*tches will get you some stitches"). And, trust me when I say this, Honor is universal, its the same in any culture. However, its how you honor a person that changes. The practitioning of trying to be honorable includes being a person of strong discipline, that's how it works in Christianity, Way of Samurai, and many other cultures, as well as being upright and stern in your ways.

[[/quote]

Something went wrong. All above this line is Railazel's except the quotation box he responded to which is mine, all below is mine as well.

Moral and etics are man-made. Sparda is a demon. And why would Sparda having sex with other women BEFORE he met Eva be immoral?

Honour isn't the same in all cultures. The vikings raped several women and they were still considered an honourable people.

Railazel

Moral and etics are man-made. Sparda is a demon. And why would Sparda having sex with other women BEFORE he met Eva be immoral?

Honour isn't the same in all cultures. The vikings raped several women and they were still consiydered an honourable people.

There's actually a general Moral Law amongst humanity, but that's not the point, we're getting off- topic.

Anyways, and now that I think about it, would that explain Trish's abilities? I mean, yeah she's a artificially- made demon but could it be possible that she derived her powers from Eva's? And could that also explain Nero? Maybe Eva had a third son that was older than Dante and Vergil, and Nero might be that guy's descendant/son?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
if sparda mislead Eva by saying she was the only human he slept with, than wouldn't that be immoral?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Somehow I always thought that Eva was a witch, even before the Bayonetta reference. I don't know why, probably I had confused/misinterpreted something, but if it's true it'd be awesome. No wonder Dante's unstoppableXD

Top Bottom