• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil, Trish, and Lady Gameplay Analysis and Discussion

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
All they need is to beef up there attack power and they can easily be as deadly , well dante can dunno bout nero lol

Plus we don't know if everything we saw was standard or some rapid slash cancels etc

only gameplay will tell

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Glad to see some gameplay from someone actually competent:

Looks ssssssssssssssick!
And that taunt, dude... dude!

2m6u90k.gif

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I am never leaving the air with him, love the agni and rudra running combo from dmc3

amd his teleport can be used with rapid slash to cancel

gona have fun vergie , pity you don't have something along the lines of royal guard , if they beef up dantes speed and attack power then between these two nero will disappear from playthroughs ,

the teleport cancelled aerials will allow.for star raving and guard flying/sky running type combos

man I love that

I will fill my harddrive with game dvr's of the twins

Don't think the bosses will be as fun to fight with him though by the looks of it , he is a better ground fighter though for sure

Guess the hyper move is the equivalent of omen and Dri bit not as op as dri

Last edited:

Veloran

Never leaving the air with him, love the agni and rudra running combo from dmc3

amd his teleport can be used with rapid slash to cancel

gona have fun vergie , pity you don't have something along the lines of royal guard , if they beef up dantes speed and attack power then between these two nero will disappear from playthroughs ,

the teleport cancelled aerials will allow.for star raving and guard flying/sky running type combos

man I love that

I will fill my harddrive with game dvr's of the twins

Don't think the bosses will be as fun to fight with him though by the looks of it , he is a better ground fighter though for sure

Guess the hyper move is the equivalent of omen and Dri bit not as op as dri
He has something like RG, kind of. The sites mentioned that his roll turns into Table Hopper while Vergil is DTed.

GabrielXx

After seeing that video all my fears have been laid to rest, i am so freaking pumped for this, just watching his aerial rave it looks so freaking sick..all of it. they have not even shown Trish or Lady yet and just vergil is enough, going to be the best birthday ever !!!

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Awesome news blow-out today. Was cool seeing more of Vergil, and I'm surprised how much from DmC incarnation they used. Can't wait for Lady/Trish gameplay!!!

Blazer-X

Yamato: Loved what they did with it. I thought that DmC Reboot alrindeady did a great job diversifying its moveset, albeit using up 3 weapon's slots. But here, we really get a more condensed version that feels more Yamato-ish. Both his Cross-Cut and Rising Star makes a return with some variations. The new crazy combo reminds me of Agni & Rudra's Million Slash. My only main pet peeve is that they used the reboot Aerial Rave instead of the original, but its kinda understandable because they had to fit in Roulette as a pause combo and having 3 slash inputs would be more tailored for pausing.

Beowulf: A bit disappointed, to be honest. As mentioned, it feels like Dante's Gilgamesh moves with inputs swapped and Lunar Phase tacked on. Almost feels like a very well fan-made motion mod. That Straight at the end of his version of Combo B feels out of place. I think DMC3 Vergil's uniqueness with Beowulf relies on his overuse of kicks. Removing Rising Sun from his repertoire (even though Yamato gains a similar attack, as mentioned) takes away from the uniqueness.

Force Edge: Not quite as unique as Yamato, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed. We easily see Rebellion's Combo B, Stinger, Million Stab, High Time, and Helm Breaker. But at the same time, it also has a slew of new options including a aerial Stinger, tweaked Round Trip, a tweaked Drive, and the new dual sword-wielding Jetstream-like combo. I was especially impressed with Drive, because when it was first announced, I had thought they were simply stealing another move off of Dante. But now, it feels unique and almost fitting for Vergil.

Trish: Based off of the descriptions, Trish sounds like she'll have some variation of Dance Macabre in her repertoire. Ironically, she has no stinger-like moves this time around, despite being the only character with a proper Stinger in DMC2. If I had to take a guess, based on the information we have now, it's likely her Lock+Forward B is replaced with her variation of Dance Macabre.

Lady: Not sure what to think yet. The article seems to shy away from the idea that its similar to Gunslinger, but it just sounds more to me like its Gunslinger on steroids. Their take on double jump sounds awesome and actually really fitting.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm LOVING how fast the Summon Swords are now. Also, dat sword rain :cool:

And it looks like you still can Trick Up and Trick Down, as well. I wonder if the number of swords you have embedded into a target determine how many times you can Grim Trick to them. Also looks like you can cancel with Grim Trick as well; "Grim Cancelling?"

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Did sheathing Yamato after Rapid Slash damage the angelos at about 10:12?

Aside from that, I really like how the effects change depending on your Concentration Gauge. Yamato's and Force Edge's moveset seems really impressive. Beowulf feels like it could use some more love but it might be the fact that it isn't shown much in the gameplay videos.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I really miss the original yamato aerial rave for aerial fighting , I love using it as dante against bosses. I am so glad he still has it

would be so cool if they brought back moves from dmc3 for dante too like wall run amd enemy ride and crazy combos

Khundy

Berserker
Vergil is gonna trump any other character in crowd control.
for real! Dante seems kinda lack luster after all this Vergil news. Still gonna be my main but I think Vergil would be more of a challenge as a boss compared to his DMC3 version.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil is gonna trump any other character in crowd control.

will be wasted on other modes besides LDK which is a shame , dunno where nero will fit in , vergil is a ground and crowd control master and dante is an air combat master but nero is basically a.grappling brute , I feel bad for his fans as he will now surely be forgotten about even more

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nero's got an additional spin on his lvl 3 Exceed Streak, we saw. Maybe he's got more that they haven't shown us yet.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
well if that is true I hope dante got an extts move or two aswell , still won't be enough for Nero to keep up on a depth comparison though

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Well, ok, so the hype slash has freaking invincibility frames?
I mean look at that he got hit around 3 times while charging it up and it looked like he didn't give a damn.
And are those exploding summoned swords in DT after Rapidslash?

Looks quite interesting indeed.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, ok, so the hype slash has freaking invincibility frames?
I mean look at that he got hit around 3 times while charging it up and it looked like he didn't give a damn.

You mean the super move? Cause that one is only accessible in DT, and in DT Dante and Vergil gain endurance boost that prevent them from flinching when they get hit. It's not i frames.

Top Bottom