• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unlikely any Devil May Cry for a while...

IncarnatedDemon

I personally hope that they'd sell DMC to Platinum Games and go bankrupt, they had it coming.
Though i kinda agree, Meg made a good point about people being affected.

It´s easy to forget that there are good people working for the douchebags that make these horrible decision.

Anyway i hope they sell the game to PG though, about bankruptcy...im a bit more hesitant to wish them bankruptcy.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Well that is how I forc-- I-I mean peacefully allowed my girlfriend (girl who is a friend) to play DmC.

Man...that is how I allowed my girlfriend(a total bitch) to play DMC4. Creepy....

Though I played DmC to get those genes.

Edit:

Will all due respect to the topic creator, Alittleacorn, I sincerely apologize for being not so constructive here. You can say that I got carried away, for which I apologize. No more unrelated posts from my side.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
If they really are going back to survival roots they better mean it this time and put an effort into making it scary. Blasting away enemies with a plentiful of bullets is not scary ;_;
Explosions, swooping camera angles and chase sequences, they need to just slow it all right down and go back to basics.
Trust me its not coming back its gone its in the past and Resident evil is probably not going to back its just too late now the series has totally lost its way and after the failure of RE6 i don't think they'll be making anymore RE games(Hopefully) and i don't think there is enough creative talent left in the capcom studio to revitalize it they don't have a clue on what to really do.

The only RE game i want to see right now is the RE1remake&RE:Zero on PSN/XBLA&Steam.

Capcom needs to man the fu*k up and make some new IP's.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Trust me its not coming back its gone its in the past and Resident evil is probably not going to back its just too late now the series has totally lost its way and after the failure of RE6 i don't think they'll be making anymore RE games(Hopefully) and i don't think there is enough creative talent left in the capcom studio to revitalize it they don't have a clue on what to really do.

The only RE game i want to see right now is the RE1remake&RE:Zero on PSN/XBLA&Steam.

Capcom needs to man the fu*k up and make some new IP's.

Hasn't there been word of them making a RE game for the PS Vita and a new Resident Evil (7???) that goes back to RE survival horror roots?

Also, why is everyone so upset since they didn't announce a Devil new May Cry at TGS this year? (HELLO EVERY OTHER PUBLISHER DIDN'T ANNOUNCED ANY NEW TITLES EITHER!!!)

Last time I check it took almost 3 years to announce DmC right after DMC4's release.

Its quite obvious a lot of the workers are busy with other projects (Monster Hunter 4, Deep Down, Sengoku Basara 4, that new IP of theirs.....Gaist Crusher?, assisting Double Helix with Strider, Dragon's Dogma Quest, and all those iOS games.......a lot of them and more and most likely a new RE game considering what the VP of Capcom USA said) its quite obvious they don't have the appropriate members to form a team to make a DMC game especially considering that a lot of the guys who worked on DMC are working on Sengoku Basara 4.

One main reason why they opted to reboot DMC or not make a new game was cause a lot of the DMC dev team were busy with other projects (Itsuno and co were working on Dragon's Dogma with the RE4 and BoF team, some of them or a lot of them were working on RE6, some of the DMC4 team were working on Sengoku Basara 3 and Utage, and even leftovers from the DMC3 team who didn't work on DMC4 were working on Marvel vs Capcom 3.....one funny note is that a majority of the people who worked on RE6 usually didn't work on RE games before as a strong majority of them were guys who worked on titles such as DMC and such while the previous RE devs were working on Dragon's Dogma and Resident Evil Revelations. Another funny thing is RE5 producer Jun Takuechi was involved with RE6 production early in production and even stated he wanted to bring back the classic survival horror elements but prior to fully starting the project he was replaced with.........Hiroyuki Kobayashi......and even went on saying he has no involvement with RE6 and its production and Kobafail later states RE6 will be bigger than all past RE games in scope and development costs).

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
They just gotta sell out and it'll be like sticking a pacifier in the crybabies mouths. It can be another half assed lazy piece of sh!t like 4 again and those people will buy it regardless. It'll be something but not a huge impact. Devil May Cry was never their biggest franchise. :ermm:

Way to go Capcom. Sad thing is Capcom just can't figure out the right answer and it's not that hard. HINT: It's not DLC. Hurr durr.
As much as I agree with you... I still think that you need to calm down a little. Not because I thought you went overboard, but because this is just going to make things worse.

Let these... individuals... have their say.

I hate having to ignore them as well, but it's best this way.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I ain't mad. Devil May Cry is finally dead, and now Capcom can stop messing the series up anymore. Maybe next time, they could try and actually do a good DMC game.

And who would do that? Capcom'll be R'ing In P and for a lot of people there is no substitute. While a lot of people claim that it's all about the gameplay the same people are the ones that say that Bayonetta has a crap story and terrible writing and that is why they can't stand it (cutsceenes are skipable). It's DMC or nothing a lot of the times.

I can wait for another DMC game as long as its not a cheap attempt like DmC.
I doubt DmC was a cheap endeavor. Very few video games are cheap to make, even the bad ones, but DmC had production value at the very least.

Just make a DMC5 with the same recycled gameplay of DMC4. Fans won't tell the its the same. As long as it has Old Dante on the cover, it'll sell millions.

Yeah, if the over use of DLC doesn't kill them this would.

I've been watching some reactions to this on YouTube and some of these reactions are varied and diverse, they range from concern to happy to disaproving

EXAMPLES:

There are dozens more but you get the point.

Anyway, I've often been very critical of Capcom's business practices and slamed my head on many a objects when ever I hear what it is that they think is the right way to do business. It's been argued that their strategies are, in fact, the proper course of action since their purpose is the acquisition of capital and it was naive of me to think that any business would function in any other way, even an entertainment business. Well it seems that my stance on it was more correct than I though since at this point bankruptcy is a very real possibility.

To make matters worse Capcom still thinks that they are on the right path and that they need to do more of it, like trying to revive a dying person with a knife and wondering why it's not working. It seems to me that Capcom is running their studio as a factory and their franchises as products. Rather than focusing on the artistic development Capcom seems to think that the key to success in the numbers. The strategy of success through quantity over quality was tried out before with disastrous results in this very industry back in the 8 and 16 bit era (It was a NES competitor, though I forget who). This is an industry that revolves around creativity and people's tastes; It's not like Atlus who went don't because their parent company screwed them oven and not because the were selling poorly. This is a case of them thinking they are doing nothing wrong and wondering why it's not working. Trying to cut corners with you're product is much more evident here than other industries, it's not like you can replace you're parts for cheaper ones on the factory floor to save a few bucks on production cost, creative projects don't work like that. Numbers are important, yeah, but more important than that is the ability to deliver a good product.

Personally I think the worse part of this is that Capcom was at it's peak not that long ago. They were at their best during the PS2 era and 2005 saw the release of DMC3 and RE4 which were game changers for the entire industry. Sure, they released crap here and there, but the good stuff was the best there was and there are still so many hidden jewels in the Capcom catalog from back then. Square didn't need to loose anywhere near this much money before they learned their lesson.

Anyway, some people are saying that they had this coming and others are hoping they mature before it's too late, some say it's too late already. I mentioned this before, too, but it's sink or swim for them, greed is what's been killing Capcom all this time but for the first time I've actually got the effects to back up that statement. I'm surprised they let this go on as long as they have. (actually, I said greed is what was killing DMC but it seems to apply here as well)

There is also a lot of talk of Platinum Games since they are very close to Capcom, been their origins, regarding this matter. P* still has a very close relationship with Capcom as many of the people there are long time coworkers and friends so I don't think this is something that the people at P* find particularly good, as oppose to what many people at YouTube are saying. I'm sure if it was up to the creative side of Capcom DMC would go to P*, RE would go to Tango Gameworks, and MegaMan to Inafune if they do go under, but Capcom is owned by suits and those suits will be looking to sell to the highest bidder, not to those who created it. They are the same people who think that "stressed the need for sweeping change in the company" is pushing more of what made them so unpopular even harder. Not to mention how critical Capcom's been about the Japanese gaming industry by clamming that it was falling behind the times, a stance they held even after Inafune left. What does that say about Capcom who claims others are falling behind the times while they themselves are slowly sinking?

So, my prediction? If Capcom doesn't learn fast from this then here ends DMC. It was nice while it lasted. Five titles, two good ones, two passable ones, and one major f ck up. It really is not fair.

IncarnatedDemon

They also have pressure from Platinum Games.
Luckily for them Bayonetta 2 is Wii U exclusive.

If it was multiplat, it would really make many H&S fans go "This is much better than DmC".
And they would as result lose customers.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
What pressure? Bayonetta wasn't even that popular to begin with. It's always been in that niche area just gathering a cult following. Pretty easy to scrape up and save a brand that nobody else wants because it's no killer app.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To be honest, Im not sure who would want to pay more than P* for DMC if Capcom has to auction off its IPs.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
What pressure? Bayonetta wasn't even that popular to begin with. It's always been in that niche area just gathering a cult following. Pretty easy to scrape up and save a brand that nobody else wants because it's no killer app.
Well the only thing keeping Bayo a float IMO is its sex appeal and nostalgia of DMC fans. But what Berto says is true. Capcom's messing up and needs to improve or just end DMC.

IncarnatedDemon

Let me analyze your post.

You think because Sega said no to PG to publishing Bayo2 it means that Bayonetta is not popular and gained a small fanbase. And because Bayo sold as it did...noone wants it.

First of all Bay sold around 1.5M. DmC sold 1.1M.
And since were talking about Capcom vs PG (DMC vs Bayo), its very important to take note of this.
The game that "noone wants" and that "is not popular" and has small fanbase....sold more than the popular and killer game.

Your out of your mind.

1. Bayonetta 1 was the VERY FIRST game of Bayo serie, it is the foundation, the pillar. And it sold really decent for first game. It could have sold better but i dont think it had to do with game being boring or not fun or likeable. Possibly because of PS3 issues it had...
Compare the sales of Bayo 1 with DmC, the FIFTH iteration of DMC gameplay. FIFTH!!!!!!!!!!
Not only did Bayo 1 outsell DmC but is equal to if not better than DmC.
Thats like a teenager (Bayonetta 1) winning over an adult (DmC) in strength test (without training).

2. Sega said no, but its not because they dont want to publish Bayo 2, its because they cant afford it. Do you know that Sega is involved in Bayo 2 as advisor? Do you know that Sega has sold ONLY the rights to Bayo 2 to Nintendo?
How can you say "Noone wants it" when Sega has shown and is still showing interest in Bayonetta despite their financial loss?
How can you say "noone wants it" when it seems that only publisher PG asked besides Sega, was Nintendo. They didnt ask Microsoft. They didnt ask Sony.
They didnt ask anyone else.
So where is your "Noone wants it" basis? In oblivion?

3. While Capcom has been focusing on shallow things in a H&S , Bayo2 aspires to be better than Bayo 1 and will introduces Coop play.

There is good pressure. Your just ignoring it because Bayonetta is a slutty giraffe looking character and PG is a company you dont like.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Oh my goodness you are in so deep in your own delusions you are actually settled on believing all the sh!t you made up.

For one, I think we all can easily figure why DmC suffered in sales. It was under fire and hated since day 1 by a lot of people. After all, you are one of those uber biased fanatics Demon who has never played DmC and condemned the game from day one on even the most trivial reasons.

And I'm just gonna believe what P* themselves confirmed and that was that the sequel wouldn't exist without Nintendo.

Go ahead and just keep believing that Nintendo was just first come first serve and not necromancer. You really think so many companies were clamoring for a niche brand like Bayonetta? If she was such the hot stuff you think she is then why is her sequel coming out just now and also exclusive for the Nintendo audience? If P* really had a choice in the matter then the obvious business decision would be to keep it on Xbox and Playstation right?

Use your brain. Or you know what, you could just sit there and continue to believe that fanfiction you made up about Bayonetta's state of affairs.

Seriously, it's kinda scary how far you are going to believe your lies to get yourself more comfortable with the fact that you won't play the sequel to your favorite game.

I never said I hate P*. I just don't think they are as good as you people act like they are when every game they have made has just been decent. And I also never said I hate the Bayonetta game. Sure the character is a dumb as f#ck bimbo but, I still played Bayonetta and had some hack n slashy fun. It's an alright game. I

My brother has a WiiU and is getting the new game. So, be jelly. I'll be playing Bayo 2 when it comes out.

Tough luck.

IncarnatedDemon

It´s ironic that your telling me to use my brain, yet you swallow the statement from PG about Nintendo saving Bayonetta when they have said stuff that contradicts their statement about Nintendo saving Bayonetta.
This also questions if PG ever asked Sony or Microsoft.

Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers, so we have continued to consult with SEGA, the previous game’s publisher, on how we can make sure this takes place. Our answer was a new partnership with Nintendo.

Tell me how you, Chancey, are doing that (using your brain) when you conclude that noone wanted to fund Bayonetta 2 when you don´t know if PG asked Sony or Microsoft, and PG´s statement implies they never asked them.

For Nintendo to have had a savior role the requirement is that either Sony or Microsoft (or both) has said no to PG concerning Bayo 2.
We don´t know nothing about PG going to Micro or Sony, and PG themself have not said anything about it. Neither has Sony or Microsoft.

Nintendo played the role of opportunist. If they were a savior, Bayo 2 would been multiplat.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Uh huh. So, let's get Bayonetta expand as a brand and make it exclusive for Nintendo. Because that makes total sense. Bayonetta didn't sell much and it was on two consoles. Learn to live with the fact that your favorite game just isn't widely appreciated and not a good business venture for the higher ups.

I know those feels to be part of a cult audience. Psychonauts is one of my favorite games but, that will never get a sequel from the looks of it because it's just not that popular. Bayonetta should just count her lucky stars because that series was pretty much legitimately dead.

And you have no proof other companies were clamoring for Bayonetta and also completely ignore the statement by P* themselves telling you all that the sequel wouldn't exist without Nintendo. So, P* is just full of sh!t? Why would they even say that if it really doesn't mean anything?

So according to you and P* wanting to expand the brand, why not come out with Bayonetta 2 on ALL consoles instead of being exclusive to Nintendo? Oh, well maybe it's because Nintendo was the ONLY one willing to play publisher on a franchise no one else wanted to take a risk on because of its poor performance in the past.

I know you don't like people giving you the hard truth or talking bad about things you like but, you don't even need to know about video games to just know how business thinks and works.

berto

I Saw the Devil

DMC is a niche game, too. Bayonetta sold very well as the first game, 1.5 is pretty good for a new IP, and the reason they went to Nintendo was because Sega didn't want to finance it, not because it was unpopular.

Oh my goodness you are in so deep in your own delusions you are actually settled on believing all the sh!t you made up.

Actually, it's pretty true, what he's saying. B2 kinda went down the way he's describing.

They also have pressure from Platinum Games.
Luckily for them Bayonetta 2 is Wii U exclusive.

If it was multiplat, it would really make many H&S fans go "This is much better than DmC".
And they would as result lose customers.

I don't think that this is an issue, ether. Capcom provably isn't thinking about the competition, I doubt that they ever looked at Bayo to contrast with DMC, I think only we, the fans see it as such. When looking at games of the same genre it's not just the one game you are competing against but rather all of the games in the genre. This is a niche genre.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DMC isn't the biggest franchise ever but, I wouldn't put it in the niche category because it's pretty much the genre defining hack n slasher that over the years has built a pretty big fanbase. It's still a big brand even if it's not Capcom's biggest. Dante himself is more of a gaming icon than Bayonetta will ever be.

Bayonetta has a fanbase sure. Just more of a cult one and those aren't very big hence the name. It was on two consoles and only made a little over a million in its lifetime. That's not that good when you look at it.

Top Bottom