• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unlikely any Devil May Cry for a while...

IncarnatedDemon

DMC isn't the biggest franchise ever but, I wouldn't put it in the niche category because it's pretty much the genre defining hack n slasher that over the years has built a pretty big fanbase. It's still a big brand even if it's not Capcom's biggest. Dante himself is more of a gaming icon than Bayonetta will ever be.

Bayonetta has a fanbase sure. Just more of a cult one and those aren't very big hence the name. It was on two consoles and only made a little over a million in its lifetime. That's not that good when you look at it.
I know you told me to use my brain.

But can i ask you: Do you have many braincells at your disposal?

Bayonetta games (before sequel announcement): 1
DMC games (before DmC): 4

You don´t make an icon over night. It takes time. Snake didn´t become an icon in industry with one Solid game.
So how the hell do you expect Cereza to be an icon in one game? Where is the logic in that?

I tell you what, perhaps your brain understands pictures:
The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20-%20Evolution%202.jpg

R6YJMLML.jpg

tomb_raider_evolution_by_xeno55-d5zvmoi.jpg

2684617_700b.jpg

Simple effing logic: More games a character is in, more known it becomes.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Damage controll...

NO. You can't answer the goddamn question because I proved you wrong. Admit it.

If that were true then that would just mean P* is dumb as f#ck and I don't believe that. I don't believe anyone in their right mind would make decisions like that.

That's basically saying that if P* could have easily got the game published on Xbox and Playstation then they are purposely having it put on an Nintendo console exclusively for sh!ts and giggles.

Because it makes total sense to NOT seek to publish a sequel for a game where your fans ans audience actually is. Because it makes total sense to make up something to get the fans off your back where P* could have allegedly given them what they wanted thus putting more money in their pockets.

Saying that this was something like damage control is you doing an injustice to a company I thought you loved because that just makes them look like goddamn retards and I don;t believe anyone would be this f#cking stupid.

What you said isn't true at all.

IncarnatedDemon

If that were true then that would just mean P* is dumb as f#ck and I don't believe that. I don't believe anyone in their right mind would make decisions like that.

That's basically saying that if P* could have easily got the game published on Xbox and Playstation then they are purposely having it put on an Nintendo console exclusively for sh!ts and giggles.

Because it makes total sense to NOT seek to publish a sequel for a game where your fans ans audience actually is. Because it makes total sense to make up something to get the fans off your back where P* could have allegedly given them what they wanted thus putting more money in their pockets.

Saying that is was something like damage control is you doing an injustice to a company I thought you loved because that just makes them look like goddamn retards and I don;t believe anyone would be this f#cking stupid.

What you said isn't true at all.
No, i am not saying PG could easily have gotten the game published on Xbox or PS, but they had the opportunity. And when it seems like they havent approached the two console makers, it makes them look bad (PG themself).
Plus Kamiya seems to like Nintendo.
I think PG is being dishonest about Bayonetta having been saved by Nintendo. I don´t think Nintendo played a savior role at all, and if they did...they saved Bayonetta 2 from happening later.

Just because Nintendo says "We want to attract hardcore fans" and also received critism for their lineup, and as result of those two factors decides "We will fund Bayo 2", it does not make them saviors.
It makes them good businessmen/women.

You can test the savior role if you like. Since Nintendo is paying for development costs, PG could make a PS4 or Xbox 1 port with Kickstarter money (2-3M (?) ).
Suppose they got the money to do such assignment, would Nintendo let them? Hell no...
And this will prove once for all...Nintendo is not a savior, just a opportunist company.
At least in this case.
Infact if over 1M people said "We will donate to a PS4 port for Bayo 2" to PG, and PG had greenlight to make a kickstarter.

Nintendo would prolly influence them to not make a kickstarter. "Hey your ruining our business".

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I can't believe how far you're going with this. I mean, does knowing you won't play the sequel to your favorite game really bug you so much that you have to just make up this stuff to get more comfortable with that? It's pretty freaky.

Believe what you want kid. There's no getting though to you. You're so wrapped up in your own little fantasy world it's like an unbreakable force field. I don't even know how to break this down anymore. You just refuse to listen to anyone and take whatever you want from sh!t true or not.

You are a prime example of those crazy fanatical fanboys people talk so much crap about.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So... No more DMC... Maybe forever... Anyone else sad? 'cause I sure sh!t am. I wanted more RE, for f&*%'s sake. How about a ****ty little portable DMC game thats more story than game to get some answers? Nope, never again.

aoshi

I doubt DmC was a cheap endeavor. Very few video games are cheap to make, even the bad ones, but DmC had production value at the very least.

I didn't mean in terms of production cost but as a DMC game. Like compromising lock-on and stuff....I blame itsuno for that. What was he thinking???

I don't know why is everyone so worked up over capcom's state of affairs. Even if it is bad as it seems, its not the end of the world.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I didn't mean in terms of production cost but as a DMC game. Like compromising lock-on and stuff....I blame itsuno for that. What was he thinking???

I remember that. He said that even back on DMC3 they were trying to figure out ways to dispose of the lock on button but couldn't figure out a proper scheme to do it with so when NT did they were really happy about it.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So... No more DMC... Maybe forever... Anyone else sad? 'cause I sure sh!t am. I wanted more RE, for f&*%'s sake. How about a ****ty little portable DMC game thats more story than game to get some answers? Nope, never again.

Of course it would bum me out but, I don't want to think that it's shelved forever. I'm already having a hard enough time because what Capcom is doing to my beloved blue bomber is breaking my heart. :'(

Least we got that Mighty No. 9 game on the way.

aoshi

I remember that. He said that even back on DMC3 they were trying to figure out ways to dispose of the lock on button but couldn't figure out a proper scheme to do it with so when NT did they were really happy about it.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

Sarcasm?????

I think DMC 4 would have gotten rid of lock-on if it was in-deed a major issue since itsuno was also behind DMC 4. In fact DMC 4 indeed had a lot more complex control scheme with D-Pad and multiple toggling. If at all they wanted feasibility of controls since DMC 3, DMC 4 might have achieved it but atleast it did not compromise lock-on.

I think the hardware can help avoid such compromises since we are going next gen and can help games like DMC.

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/functional-specification-for-next-gen-controller.16735/

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I'm BACK. Well, for one post.

Why the heck would you want to dispose of the lock-on button? It worked great, and automatic targeting can really mess up your combos (as I experienced in DmC).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I tell you what, perhaps your brain understands pictures:
The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20-%20Evolution%202.jpg

R6YJMLML.jpg

tomb_raider_evolution_by_xeno55-d5zvmoi.jpg

2684617_700b.jpg

Simple effing logic: More games a character is in, more known it becomes.

Technically, that's not true. Look at all the Senoku Basara games. Go find a FPS gamer and ask him if he knows who Dante Masamune or Sengoku Basara is.

Devil May Cry is "cute" compared to the bigger (and better) games out there. And honestly, Devil May Cry has lost its touch thanks to Capcom not knowing what to do anymore. If it actually tried to be consistent, have better writers behind it, focused more on making characters and not all on tying to make them look "cool", and if they really did their IPs good, then Devil May Cry wouldn't be in the deep hole that its in now. Now all we'll have of Devil May Cry now is that crossover game coming out, and the movie.

DragonMaster2010

OOOH, o you didn't! Come on you know the rules of this forum.
rule#1.) Never insult the god that is called Platinum.

Makes me cuss like a f*ckin' sailor. Oh, Capcom, you fell off so hard... -_-

GF9000000Returns

Okay...I REALLY wanna get this off my chest. And if some of yall don't like it, oh well. This is my honest opinion.

As much as I think that DmC was like a hurricane since day 1, destroying 60% of the fanbase, I honestly do not blame the game for being one of the reasons why Capcom's in deep sh*t(after all the sales were okay). You know what games I'm going to blame? Yeah, you guessed it, DMC4 & SFxT. I blame THOSE games because Capcom couldn't really think outside the box with every other features(except the gameplay of course). They could've explained why Nero got his arm, they could've made the story better than a anime-love cliche, they could've spend more time on SFxT to put in all of the characters from the Vita version. There are many things that they have should've done so that they could have been more confident to making sequels instead of rebooting them and milking DLCs back then. It's too bad things are the way it is now because Capcom is OFFICIALLY running out of ideas!

So FREAKING SAD!!

DragonMaster2010

Okay...I REALLY wanna get this off my chest. And if some of yall don't like it, oh well. This is my honest opinion.

As much as I think that DmC was like a hurricane since day 1, destroying 60% of the fanbase, I honestly do not blame the game for being one of the reasons why Capcom's in deep sh*t(after all the sales were okay). You know what games I'm going to blame? Yeah, you guessed it, DMC4 & SFxT. I blame THOSE games because Capcom couldn't really think outside the box with every other features(except the gameplay of course). They could've explained why Nero got his arm, they could've made the story better than a anime-love cliche, they could've spend more time on SFxT to put in all of the characters from the Vita version. There are many things that they have should've done so that they could have been more confident to making sequels instead of rebooting them and milking DLCs back then. It's too bad things are the way it is now because Capcom is OFFICIALLY running out of ideas!

So FREAKING SAD!!

So...it it's not the games faults, but Capcom's fault you mean.

Top Bottom