• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Traiding places DMC and DmC

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Oh god a live action please no.Most live action fails....
But the rurouni kenshin live action looks cool though.

ZeroLove

i really hope this game fails as much as i bitch about this game i dont h8 it THAT much i just home it sells bad so they wonte do the moive off of it

lol you spelled Dante wrong in your username. XD
By the way, good luck with those notions.

There's Lolipop Chainsaw, Kingdom Hearts 3DDD, or MGR.

Do they release around fall as well? Because then they are the competition we should focus on.

True, but wasn't a release during Shooter Season 2010 one of the reasons Enslaved tanked?
If not, that's fine; I'm just sort of confused by the gaming market sometimes.

I actually don't know, I don't care much for shooters so I didn't notice them really. Gaming marketing is complicated and competition on the gaming market varies from individual to individual, but each game focuses on the fanbase of its genre, because the main competition exists within that group.

It doesn't matter which group is buying it, it matters the number of that group. Halo fits many demographics, straining it's audience from children who cuss to much online, too teens, and adults. DMC had a big fan base, but it's gotten smaller from the reboot. There are way less people who are going to buy DmC than Halo 4.

Which I find strange, because the Halo fans I know think the series should have died with the third game. I don't know about Call of Duty though other than EA games spit out these games like gumballs from a gumball machine and they are hardly worth buying as the changes between those games are less than noticable unless you are a real hardcore shooter gamer.

I like fighting games, rpg's and mmo's as well as hack'n slash games, but that won't stop me from getting the games I want. It's about picking and choosing. And if it is true what KenKen says, then do you really think Ninja Theory is going to make the same mistake twice?

Dante47

I like fighting games, rpg's and mmo's as well as hack'n slash games, but that won't stop me from getting the games I want. It's about picking and choosing. And if it is true what KenKen says, then do you really think Ninja Theory is going to make the same mistake twice?
I also enjoy RPGs and Hack n' Slashes, but I never liked Shooter.
And your right, Enslaved did bomb, and I wouldn't expect them to do it twice. But it's still possible.

Wam Bam Datne Man

Oh god a live action please no.Most live action fails....
But the rurouni kenshin live action looks cool though.
lol you spelled Dante wrong in your username. XD
By the way, good luck with those notions.

Do they release around fall as well? Because then they are the competition we should focus on.

I actually don't know, I don't care much for shooters so I didn't notice them really. Gaming marketing is complicated and competition on the gaming market varies from individual to individual, but each game focuses on the fanbase of its genre, because the main competition exists within that group.

Which I find strange, because the Halo fans I know think the series should have died with the third game. I don't know about Call of Duty though other than EA games spit out these games like gumballs from a gumball machine and they are hardly worth buying as the changes between those games are less than noticable unless you are a real hardcore shooter gamer.

no i didnt and if i did somehow my bad i gess i use a simyoulatid speech program for some of my videos nd the only way it will pronounse the name right is if u spell it that way so i gess i just got use to it

Dante47

no i didnt and if i did somehow my bad i gess i use a simyoulatid speech program for some of my videos nd the only way it will pronounse the name right is if u spell it that way so i gess i just got use to it
You spelled it "Datne". You must have done that on purpose, troll.

Wam Bam Datne Man

You spelled it "Datne". You must have done that on purpose, troll.
look up a program called speekonia then typ his name in the way its saposed to be spelld then typ it in how i spell it it anly pernownsis it right when i spwll it like that i got used 2 spelling it that way after a wile

Dante47

look up a program called speekonia then typ his name in the way its saposed to be spelld then typ it in how i spell it it anly pernownsis it right when i spwll it like that i got used 2 spelling it that way after a wile
(Facepalm) You don't understand English, do you?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Wait. DMC had a large fanbase? I thought the reboot was because of the small fanbase. because the amount that like DMC are otakus and hack n' slash lovers. most hack n' slash comes from Japan so obviously some games from Japan don't sell as much as American games in the US..

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
It had a large fanbase.All this **** will not happen if dmc really has such a tiny fanbase.
But then again,that's what i know of here in my place.

ReRave

smug jerk
It had a large fanbase.All this **** will not happen if dmc really has such a tiny fanbase.
But then again,that's what i know of here in my place.
It has little to no fanbase in the populated West. I'd be surprised if much more DMC-fans existed, than games were sold.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
People like The OG Dante because he has something anyone can relate to...being half HUMAN and half demon...he will never be a full human because he is part demon..unlike Dante in DmC....half angel half demon....wadufuk!!!!

Thats a poor reason as the Joker's full human and I dont relate to him at all. plus Hellboy is full demon and he is more easy to relate to than Dante.

Guys, you cant judge a fanbase by the amount of people on forums or online since not all fans want to talk about this online.

ReRave

smug jerk
Guys, you cant judge a fanbase by the amount of people on forums or online since not all fans want to talk about this online.
That's kinda what I'm doing, though.
There's one other thing, still: I have quite a few friends, who own PS3 and PS2, but none of them ever bought or played a DMC-game and I'm considered a little weird for liking animesey stuff like that.
So, from my perspective, there aren't many people who like DMC in germany in relation to more popular games.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
ya know,out of the 2.5mil that bought dmc4 many out of em are not fans. They might just be the "hey,cool cover,i'll take this" or "mum just get me a nice game i can play on your way back" kinda people. Many of my friends played the game 1/2 way through and either re-sold it or gave it out cos they thought it sucked or was too japanesey. And i know there are many other people around the world who are in the same league. I don't know which planet, this BIG DMC FAN-BASE exist.

Top Bottom