• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Traiding places DMC and DmC

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
This thread is about what if DmC was the Devil May Cry we all know and loved, featuring the black haired Punk rock Dante and his weapons and Angel and Demon weapons but with the original DMC's gameplay style. Basically put DmC Dante in DMC3 with DMC3 Dante's way of fighting and weapons and gameplay.

Then put DMC3 Dante in DmC with DmC Dante's seen gameplay and weapons.

Now if we all grew up with New Dante and DMC's normal gameplay, but he was changed to this white haired red coated guy who cracks jokes every few seconds, would it affect us?

(Sorry if this question was so confusing:ermm:)

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I'm fine with it as long the protagonist is dante.This dante or old dante i don't really care anymore.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
hmmm....that's a really interesting question. i bet hypothetically since a bunch of people would like the black haired dante and his attitude that when they saw the white haired dmc3 version he would seem very kiddy like. he doesn't cuss that much he doesn't have any sex (that we know of) and he doesn't drink as well as making jokes constantly.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
he doesn't drink as well.

ORLY? Then can you please explain what is that beer or wine doing in dante's office?
Tgs-dmc4-002.jpg

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Well i guess if the new dante becomes kinda like DMC 3 dante,the only difference is he drinks.

Tiran

The great pretender.
So, the fans say "Dante doesn't do this... And, he doesn't do that!" What does he do?

Why do gamers like him? I always imagined a crazy party guy. Parties don't get crazy with sober abstinence.

Let's see. He seems like an tightwad nerd geek who sits on ass at home surrounded by all his weird collectables, doesn't get laid despite meeting hot women constantly, wears the same clothes every day and never goes out except for work. The only time he gets off his junk food, pizza scarfing, virgin ass is to play Devil May Cry...

Oh. I see now.

Azurel

So, the fans say "Dante doesn't do this... And, he doesn't do that!" What does he do?

Why do gamers like him? I always imagined a crazy party guy. Parties don't get crazy with sober abstinence.

Let's see. He seems like an tightwad nerd geek who sits on ass at home surrounded by all his weird collectables, doesn't get laid despite meeting hot women constantly, wears the same clothes every day and never goes out except for work. The only time he gets off his junk food, pizza scarfing, virgin ass is to play Devil May Cry...

Oh. I see now.

Now, now, be nice. We virgins know how to have a good time, too....only difference is that our women are inflatable and our only high is the adrenaline we get getting an SSS rank and then trolling anyone who disagrees with our opinion.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
no no no i mean in dmc3, i don't believe there are any beer cans laying around or anything of the sort in dmc3 that i can remember

Yes there are, there are several spirits bottles on the floor in Dante's office in DMC3 next to the two sofas. They are most clearly visible in the PC version but can still be seen in the PS versions. The bottles appear beside books. I think it's safe to assume Dante drinks in DMC3 and the bottles and the books together suggest Dante drinking alone rather than them being left behind after a party by other people.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I think it would suck to have a reboot of the old dante. It just wouldn't mesh. The thing that Old Dante left was HUGE gaps in the story and plenty of back story to add or improve on. Also oldDante's personality has never been consistent and there must be a reason why. Not just because fans thought dmc3 dante had the best personality, so lets just make a game that takes place past the first game but still retain the same personality as a kid. wtf. thats what happens when game developers try and use fan's ideas in their games. Games should be made by the game designers locked in a room where noone will ever see or know them for 3 years.

DragonMaster2010

I think it would suck to have a reboot of the old dante. It just wouldn't mesh. The thing that Old Dante left was HUGE gaps in the story and plenty of back story to add or improve on. Also oldDante's personality has never been consistent and there must be a reason why. Not just because fans thought dmc3 dante had the best personality, so lets just make a game that takes place past the first game but still retain the same personality as a kid. wtf. thats what happens when game developers try and use fan's ideas in their games. Games should be made by the game designers locked in a room where noone will ever see or know them for 3 years.

I know, right? What was up with Dante in DMC4 anyway?

But what I mean is that put DmC Dante in the original DMC's with DmC Dante's same personality but the same story as the original Dante.

Then put DMC3 Dante in the new DmC with DMC3 Dante's personality(ies) but the story of the new Dante.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i think i'm gonna rephrase your question.

I think you mean that if DmC was a series by ninja theory originally and it got shipped out to Capcom and they rebooted it and changed it up, then we would probably feel the same way as the series we loved got unjustly changed.

DragonMaster2010

i think i'm gonna rephrase your question.

I think you mean that if DmC was a series by ninja theory originally and it got shipped out to Capcom and they rebooted it and changed it up, then we would probably feel the same way as the series we loved got unjustly changed.

FINALLY! Someone explained what I meant! Thank you SOOO much!

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I really think that the world would implode if it was the other way around. A lot of people have grown attached to origiDante "because we grew up with him". But nobody realizes origiDante is kind of...90's. I think many people would see him as a joke like "Very funny Capcom, now come back to the 21st century."

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I really think that the world would implode if it was the other way around. A lot of people have grown attached to origiDante "because we grew up with him". But nobody realizes origiDante is kind of...90's. I think many people would see him as a joke like "Very funny Capcom, now come back to the 21st century."
like their mega man incident

Top Bottom