• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Traiding places DMC and DmC

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
To be honest,the only DMC's that exist for me is DMC 1 and DMC 3.
DMC 1 - Defeated the goddamn strongest demon already?!?(You gotta love immortal characters,but at the same time you can also hate them very much)
DMC 3 - I think it has the best storyline for me.

The anime?They could made it better to fix the plot holes.
They should just made it like the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs.

ZeroLove

I kinda hope they will make an animé over the new Dante and the new Devil May Cry. Either as a prequal storyplot to tell the story up to the game or maybe what happens afterwards (depends on how the game ends).

Dante47

I kinda hope they will make an animé over the new Dante and the new Devil May Cry. Either as a prequal storyplot to tell the story up to the game or maybe what happens afterwards (depends on how the game ends).
I made a thread about that a while ago. I doubt it will happen due to the first anime not being well received and NT not being a fan of anime.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
The X-men anime and the wolverine anime are badass.But i can see your point,since many anime fans don't like the new dante anyways.Well,if this game really becomes a success who knows.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
An animé would be the perfect way to try and win over some of the Japanese/Asian fans.
Great idea.
Even then, I would be interested in a western animated miniseries.
Think Genndy Tartakovsky or DC Animated movies. Amazing, stylish animation and fight scenes that rival that of any anime.

Dante47

Unfortunately, I doubt a "big" success from the game. Halo 4 will knock every game out of the competition, doesn't matter if Halo 4 is good or bad even. It will probably be the best selling game of 2012.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Unfortunately, I doubt a "big" success from the game. Halo 4 will knock every game out of the competition, doesn't matter if Halo 4 is good or bad even. It will probably be the best selling game of 2012.
True dat. And it's coming out in the same quarter as Call of Duty 9.
That game's in the same boat. Whether it's good or bad, people will buy it in droves.

And no other game will make money for those three months.

ZeroLove

Halo and Call of Duty are of a whole other genre. It won't be the same kind of gamers who are interested in both. There are many fans of the hack'n slash genre that don't give a rat's @ss about those shooters. I know I don't. They are not the competition we need to focus on, because they are not leaning towards the same focus group as DmC.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Halo and Call of Duty are of a whole other genre. It won't be the same kind of gamers who are interested in both. There are many fans of the hack'n slash genre that don't give a rat's @ss about those shooters. I know I don't. They are not the competition we need to focus on, because they are not leaning towards the same focus group as DmC.

There's Lolipop Chainsaw, Kingdom Hearts 3DDD, or MGR.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
True, but wasn't a release during Shooter Season 2010 one of the reasons Enslaved tanked?
If not, that's fine; I'm just sort of confused by the gaming market sometimes.

Dante47

It doesn't matter which group is buying it, it matters the number of that group. Halo fits many demographics, straining it's audience from children who cuss to much online, too teens, and adults. DMC had a big fan base, but it's gotten smaller from the reboot. There are way less people who are going to buy DmC than Halo 4.

Wam Bam Datne Man

True, but wasn't a release during Shooter Season 2010 one of the reasons Enslaved tanked?
If not, that's fine; I'm just sort of confused by the gaming market sometimes.
i really hope this game fails as much as i bitch about this game i dont h8 it THAT much i just home it sells bad so they wonte do the moive off of it

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
i really hope this game fails as much as i bitch about this game i dont h8 it THAT much i just home it sells bad so they wonte do the moive off of it
The movie's in development hell right now. The release date is pushed back to 2016 or something, which means they're not actively making it right now.
I don't think anyone wants a live-action movie made of Devil May Cry. Not even with Classic Dante.

Dante47

tumblr_lzilefB5Ig1qi68z9.png

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Let me re-iterate.
I CAN'T THINK OF ANYONE who wants any interpretation Devil May Cry to be in a live-action movie.

And it's not being made anymore, so that's good.

Top Bottom