• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tokyo Game Show 2012

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer

crush

They showed the subway stage which involved chasing harpies down the station.
As in the trailer, the trains are quite scary with their flaming faces and all...
You could slam your foes into the train by predicting when the trains come by sound and get bonus points.
They also showed a inverted glass dome stage with a flock of floating enemies.
The glass shatters as you pass which makes your platforming skills a test...

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
That was no new stage, it was the overturn mission if I remember the name correct.

You mean that Bob Barbas one? I have already watched that dude. They showed a new subway stage!

Untitled_zpsa9f5379d.jpg

Untitled2_zps6d660631.jpg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
ugh, gameplay still unimpressive

anyone else noticing dante's lack of athleticism/fighting skills?

Why should he fight with skill if he was raised in the ghetto where fighting like a master is practically impossible?

That's like Batman cheerleading; It doesn't fit.

EllDawn

Love the way he looks, but GOD, I hope those gauntlets get redesigned. Other then that, really good!^_^

Also I've noticed that in some of these renders, Dante always has one of his shoulders showing as his coat slightly leans on his arm lazily.

skin showing for the ladies?:p

lol. Just like the nude scene at the beginning of the game? It's about time they have something for us girls.

Rumors

ugh, gameplay still unimpressive

anyone else noticing dante's lack of athleticism/fighting skills?
How is that gameplay not impressive?
You mean it is not ''anime / dragonballz-ish'' ?
The concept of this reboot is ''realism, real story, western gameplay''

No worries. DmC has a better gameplay than even DMC3.
What makes DMC3 good is not just smooth gameplay.
It is also because ''weapon/gun variety, funny dialogs''

This game is very good. Trust me.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
Nah...by the looks of it he can't notice his lack of likes/communicative skills....
uhh, since your fairly new you probabley dont realize this site went through an update and reset everything, i had likes in the 500-600, not that i care about useless crap like that

if you guys like the gameplay then power to you, imo opinion it looks choppy and it doesn't follow the pattern that all the dmc games would aim for, which is to be stylish in it's combat and dante would usually have proper form and technique if he were to throw a punch for instance, the form in this game he doesn't put his body properly behind his attacks, it was always apperent since day one, but what really irked me in this video was that punch he threw while using that fire like guantlet thing whatchumacallit

i look back at the dmc 3/4 gameplay trailers and those still look great, smooth, great choreography with a character that has optimum balance of his body no matter how awkward the move thus you can tell the character knows how to fight and isn't just stupidly strong etc and it's satifying when you strike an enemy, you can tell the hit was heavy and damaging, they put great effects on the moves and great reactions on the enemy

again, this is how i see it, im not here to argue, so by all means if you feel like your gonna resort to calling me a troll or just names, then dont respond, my life will move on lol

EllDawn

uhh, since your fairly new you probabley dont realize this site went through an update and reset everything, i had likes in the 500-600, not that i care about useless crap like that

if you guys like the gameplay then power to you, imo opinion it looks choppy and it doesn't follow the pattern that all the dmc games would aim for, which is to be stylish in it's combat and dante would usually have proper form and technique if he were to throw a punch for instance, the form in this game he doesn't put his body properly behind his attacks, it was always apperent since day one, but what really irked me in this video was that punch he threw while using that fire like guantlet thing whatchumacallit

i look back at the dmc 3/4 gameplay trailers and those still look great, smooth, great choreography with a character that has optimum balance of his body no matter how awkward the move thus you can tell the character knows how to fight and isn't just stupidly strong etc and it's satifying when you strike an enemy, you can tell the hit was heavy and damaging, they put great effects on the moves and great reactions on the enemy

again, this is how i see it, im not here to argue, so by all means if you feel like your gonna resort to calling me a troll or just names, then dont respond, my life will move on lol

He is supposed to be starting his fight against the demons, and without proper training, so it makes sense that his stances and attacks would be sloppy. If he learned on the streets, they wouldn't exactly focus on form, but power and how to make sure you stay on top.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Is there any footage of that Hagitoko stream available?
Those keep coming up out of nowhere and I miss every single one.

Gbraga

I'm sad that no one is uploading DmC footage, we have some gameplay on Rising already, one of them (the GT one) is seriously ****ed up, but both gamespot vids are great.

Top Bottom