• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tokyo Game Show 2012

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
oh boy inuyasha DMC arguement again....save yourselves
PWi4AskRgU6fmLrNf-ABeQ2.gif

EllDawn

Actually maybe not for DMC(1) but when they decided to have a manga writer write the story for DMC games the writing seemed to have been influenced heavy by anime.

The reason why the writing seemed like it was influenced by anime is because both were done by the Japanese. They have their style of writing which is different from Western. They have a lot of the same elements in everything they do.

AngelMode

Yeah, especially since the game isn't even in Beta stage yet...

It depends what you define "beta stage" as... since the game is essentially done, all they are doing is fixing problems here and there and focusing on making the gameplay better (not drastically changing it, but working more on technical stuff).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
BS.....they can easily do that with any engine, Bayonetta had moving environments and platforms even DMC3 had occasions of moving environments. Have you not seen MGR:R that game has crumbling buildings and environments and insane environmental changing physics on same level of DmC and it doesn't run on UE3 or 30 fps but 60 fps is also very detailed and clear.

IMO.....The Unreal Engine 3 is just an overhyped mainstream engine that is no better than most other engines. Plus Capcom improved the MT framework engine from what it was in DMC4. UE3 works well for 3rd/1st person shooters and was in fact made for those type of games not every game is perfect for the UE3.

The other reason is that it would take a while to learn a whole new engine just so they could make the game, so they thought "Why take an entire year to learn a new Engine when we can use what we have."

In reality, I don't think it matters all that much what engine is used. As long as the game itself plays good, the characters are well made, and the environment looks amazing, I won't really care what engine they're using.

Yeah... I just posted the glitch because it was funny, no need to get so serious about it.

I'm not. I'm just sayin'.

People really need to stop saying that Inuyasha had any influence on DMC. Just because there are similareties doesn't mean that it is the source. It just really grinds my gears.

Can't help it. DMC3 was just Inuyasha to me, that's all.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
dwight-schrute-meme-generator-false-821633.jpg

I NEVER liked the way Dante and Vergil's brotherly life was. It was an Inuyasha rip off and it was cheap. After Vergil fell, Dante was sad for a few seconds and was back to "Party time" mode right after more demons showed up.

If NT is as good as story tellers as I've heard and seen from Enslaved, then may they improve that part of DMC.

mlfw7924-scoots.png
You didn't like it, okay, but that's your opinion compared to hundreds of thousands of others who think it was pretty well done.

NT's storytelling from what I've heard is overrated, when they make a plot twist just for plot twist sake, and no build up towards said twist either, nor did the twist EVEN MAKE SENSE.

DragonMaster2010

mlfw7924-scoots.png
You didn't like it, okay, but that's your opinion compared to hundreds of thousands of others who think it was pretty well done.

NT's storytelling from what I've heard is overrated, when they make a plot twist just for plot twist sake, and no build up towards said twist either, nor did the twist EVEN MAKE SENSE.

No offense, but I'd rather hear how their storytelling is from someone who's played Enslaved and Heavenly sword from beginning to end, then someone who pushes a giant pony meme about the F*cks he gives.

DragonMaster2010

Hey. Anyone else think this thread has fulfilled its purpose? It seems that we still chat here even though TGS is over and long gone.

AngelMode

>_> Who the hell said DMC's story is good so I can go and make them read their very first book... and I'll make it easy with a dumb 100 pages one.

... seriously, I mean NT's story may be overrated and completely mainstream crap but DMC games have horrible storytelling. They are inherently badly designed in their story where more unanswered plot holes arise than actual answers. Yeah, sure, the lore and basic idea behind could make up for a decent story but the games were like... well... I'll just iterate back to what I just said, I guess.

Hey. Anyone else think this thread has fulfilled its purpose? It seems that we still chat here even though TGS is over and long gone.

Yeah, I pictured this thread long gone by now.

Railazel

No offense, but I'd rather hear how their storytelling is from someone who's played Enslaved and Heavenly sword from beginning to end.

They're not all that good. Better than most, but not absolutely great. HS was definitely their best work by far.

>_> Who the hell said DMC's story is good so I can go and make them read their very first book... and I'll make it easy with a dumb 100 pages one.

... seriously, I mean NT's story may be overrated and completely mainstream crap but DMC games have horrible storytelling. They are inherently badly designed in their story where more unanswered plot holes arise than actual answers. Yeah, sure, the lore and basic idea behind could make up for a decent story but the games were like... well... I'll just iterate back to what I just said, I guess.

Blame Capcom for getting rid of the guy who can make any sense of it. Games are really the victims of their creator's incompetence.

Someone should lock this thread already.

I say we fill it with spam!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I say we fill it with spam!

I'm already a head of you.

images
9242-applejack-meme-my_little_pony_friendship_is_magic-tagme-wizard-jpg.2799

images
353riu.jpg

36h05a.jpg
35uqlr.jpg

bAubPvTometumblr_liq168pppc1qa4vrao1_500.jpg

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/60s-spiderman-youre-getting-****-for-christmas.jpg http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/****-you-im-spider-man-60s-spiderman.jpeg

60s-spiderman-suck-my-dick-new-york.jpg
60s-spiderman-i-got-this-i-play-angry-birds.jpg

60s-spiderman-ive-got-the-moves-like-jagger.jpg

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/60s-spiderman-i-found-exactly-one-****.jpg

mrrandomlulz style
qm.gif
qm.gif
qm.gif

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta

Yeah, I pictured this thread long gone by now.
If you look at 3 as a stand alone game instead of in a continuity, it is a pretty good story.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy VII was a great story. Personally, DMC3 was a pretty good story but I kinda more of a cinematic/climatic type of story......most DMC games seem so anti-climatic or lacks cinematography. Yeah the world is in danger but its not very evident on the outside (DMC4 tried for a more climatic approach).

DMC1's story telling worked cause it was more classical Resident Evil styled story telling (it even has the classic escape an exploding island by plane ending scene RE overdue a lot) and DMC1 wasn't some insane, high budgeted, cinematic save the world from destruction like DMC2, DMC3, DMC4, Bayonetta, Transformers, and the Avengers...it was like Resident Evil where it was a tale about survival and fighting off an onslaught of fierce and deadly creatures but it has the personal vendetta plot and dark themes of betrayal, love, family, and what separates humans from demons. Its problem was its execution and its very generic and cheesy lines. The game had very bad writers I assume but then again RE when it first came out and all was criticized for its writing and voice acting.

DMC2 went the total different direction with the more cinematic, intense type story telling with themes about humanity and finding your purpose in life and it tries with the "Dante is surpassing his father" theme and that history repeats itself. Its problem was a lack of dialogue and the rushed writers. It had great ideas better than DMC1 but it was badly rushed out.

DMC3's problem was that it tried to go back to DMC1's roots but still retain DMC2's intense action/cinemography and wasn't successful in trying to be both. DMC1 was more silent, dark, and horrific tale about survival and revenge as well as family and bonds while DMC2 was more about intense action, cinematic scenes, and the follow in the father footsteps so DMC3 tried to do both. It brought back the dark and gothic atmosphere but kept the action and cinematics it worked for the most time but the dark and silent as well as gothic themes kinda brought down the intense and awesome story portion cause I found the quick transition from dark and serious to cinematic, funny, and campy too unreal but the sibling rivalry added to following in daddy's footsteps theme. I felt DMC3 should've stick to DMC2's feel but expanded upon it rather than mix DMC1 with DMC2 it kinda made a lot of the moments in the game kinda boring or didn't have much foundation behind them.

DMC4 tried something else by adding a conspiracy theory, a new main character with unknown origins, make the previous main character do evil deeds without giving an answer so it appeared he turned bad, self acceptance, and adding romance. It failed to deliver on any of those. They didn't develop the mystery behind Dante's actions well enough....it was already evident Dante had good intentions behind his actions from the start. The conspiracy theory was so freaking simple, the good guys are the bad guys and the bad guy is the good guy...no depth behind it other than that and it was barely developed at all......the Savoir thing was just so random. Heck when I first saw the statue when I was in the beginning of mission 11 I didn't think it was relevant just for scenery til it came to life. Nero we can talk about later but his romantic relationship just came off as IchigoXOrihime 2.0 and I hate Bleach but anyway Nero & Kyrie's relationship had zero development from the beginning when we knew jacksh*t about them they already had feelings for each other. Then there is that DMC4 did worst than all the other past DMC games when it came to explaining about the characters and settings. Like at least with DMC2 I learned enough about Lucia to care same goes for Lady but when Credo died....I couldn't care less because I barely knew anything about him outside he is the general and Kyrie's older brother. The game didn't even explain much about Fortuna Island and its history at least DMC2 did that for Dumary Island. Don't get me on character interaction....and role...in this game it was rather.

I felt DMC4 was built on a better premise than the past games and had more potential but it made mistakes not even the past DMC games made. Worst of all in DMC4 was Dante.

Top Bottom