• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tokyo Game Show 2012

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Wall of text...

Nice trolling but I'm not reading that ****.
Someone ban this idiot
FYI that's called OPINION bro!
Ok now guys - can we please help each other out and just ignore one another? This isn't impossible and I'd really appreciate it.

Demon Killer Dante - what you posted was rude and actually completely pointless. I could almost understand it if within that post you were being specifically insulted and attacked but you weren't - therefore, your post was unnecessary and provoked the reactions that followed.

HOWEVER those reactions were also unwarranted. You guys know the drill - you hit report if it's deemed suitable and you hit ignore if you can't stand to read another word of another member's posts. You do NOT retaliate because, as you can see, it makes things worse.

Plenty of former "trolls" have become pretty good members and plenty of good members have turned troll in the past. If you ignore the bad, it will either get bored and stop or be dealt with by staff. But if you all jump in with your own two cents worth then it's harder to draw the lines, ok?

Ta.

Domenic93

mlfw7924-scoots.png
You didn't like it, okay, but that's your opinion compared to hundreds of thousands of others who think it was pretty well done.

NT's storytelling from what I've heard is overrated, when they make a plot twist just for plot twist sake, and no build up towards said twist either, nor did the twist EVEN MAKE SENSE.
just like M. Night Shalamalama(your awesome if your get that)

Tiran

The great pretender.
mlfw7924-scoots.png
You didn't like it, okay, but that's your opinion compared to hundreds of thousands of others who think it was pretty well done.

NT's storytelling from what I've heard is overrated, when they make a plot twist just for plot twist sake, and no build up towards said twist either, nor did the twist EVEN MAKE SENSE.

Don't believe everything you hear. If you had played Enslaved or Heavenly sword, you'd know they were not based on massive 'plots twist'. The stories are very character focused. The plots are very simple: Beat the bad guy. The point of NT's story telling is character development and the inner and outer journey and growth of the main characters. The goals and actions of the villains simply serve to set the goals motivations and actions of the main characters.

Paexie

I agree with Tiran. NT is definitely really good at developing characters. Getting you care for them and cheer for their cause, but the stories are still weak at points. HMM. Just in case. SPOILERS highlight it if you wish to see, I've already made my point anyhow: I'll edit this if the thread is cool with spoiling stuff.

There is a plot twist in the end of Enslaved, the bad guy turns out to be very misguided in the way that he tries to reach his vague but noticeable goal. There is no real plot twist to Heavenly Sword unless you count the fact that the sword isn't exactly one of heaven, but that was more implied by Nariko than the actual plot. The main problem with Enslaved's plot line is that the second half loses it's oomph when Trip want's to continue to seek revenge... at something. They don't have a set villain through the game like Nariko has. The story was better off being one of survival and bonding. The only bone I have to pick with HS story is that it's really simple and contained, which I guess it works. So that's just me nitpicking really.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I don't really consider that a twist it's more a final revelation. The story ends there. If upon discovering this truth, the story's goal's became different as it continued, yet on a differing path, then it would be more of a twist. Revealing Arkam's real goals, plans and nature in DMC 3 was a twist. It changed the roles of every character from that point until the new element was resolved.

With rebooted 'Nice guy Vergil', NT has a real opportunity here with a compelling plot twist that, although we will see it coming, may still carry weight due to their experience with detailed character development.

I just pray Mundus is as interesting as Bohan or flying fox. Imagine the guy playing fox as a rebooted Arkam. Man...

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I don't really consider that a twist it's more a final revelation. The story ends there. If upon discovering this truth, the story's goal's became different as it continued, yet on a differing path, then it would be more of a twist. Revealing Arkam's real goals, plans and nature in DMC 3 was a twist. It changed the roles of every character from that point until the new element was resolved.

With rebooted 'Nice guy Vergil', NT has a real opportunity here with a compelling plot twist that, although we will see it coming, may still carry weight due to their experience with detailed character development.

I just pray Mundus is as interesting as Bohan or flying fox. Imagine the guy playing fox as a rebooted Arkam. Man...

I think if Devil May Cry hadn't existed then we probably wouldn't see some of the plot twists coming. We know Vergil's hiding something because of how he was in DmC3, but if they build that up into something believable then it'll be worth wild. If it's predictable based on the original DMC, in some ways it's a yes and then others it's a no. When dealing with some of the original material, say things to do with Vergil and Dante for example, it's clear straight off the bat things are going to go wrong for them. In fact with knowledge from those game, I bet you 50 strawberry sundues that I could take a stab at the ending of DmC (or the events leading up to it) and be right. Meanwhile other plot points in the game, say when Dante's on the missions taking out demons and the many new characters and locations as well, that's all new territory.

And the same, I hope Mundus will be an interesting character too.

Railazel

I agree with Tiran. NT is definitely really good at developing characters. Getting you care for them and cheer for their cause, but the stories are still weak at points.

Even then, they haven't perfected the craft.

Nariko, while having a great backstory, felt awfully fragile when she was talking to the Sword's spirit(?) despite knowing that this was going to happen to her and being strong enough to deal with the coming consequences. You would've expected her to fight her way out instead of just looking through her memories but I guess we needed a viewpoint for the story (which is odd considering that we were seeing her memories yet we were able to play as her little sidekick).

Monkey was kind of your basic tough guy archetype. Trip was a really odd character herself; there were times where she was pretty cool and times where, really, she's just seems to be a b*tch.

On a personal note, I think NT needs to place some thematical weight onto their characters. Nariko, for example, has themes dealing with destiny and prejudice in her backstory.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
People check this trailer out, I know it may be dark but it's brutal never-the-less

Have fun viewing -OvO-

Paexie

Haha. Dammit, I want a demo already. At least there some shotgun play in there. Pfft. Dante's condescending smirk gets me every time. Also, I think Bob's attacks have been updated, they used to be just lasers but now in addition to that it's projecting images of Dante's "terrorist" acts.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Haha. Dammit, I want a demo already. At least there some shotgun play in there. Pfft. Dante's condescending smirk gets me every time. Also, I think Bob's attacks have been updated, they used to be just lasers but now in addition to that it's projecting images of Dante's "terrorist" acts.
Only two more months or sooner for a demo! At least it's soon. :)

Paexie

Oh, man. That level is such a tease. There was like three other breakable walls and alternate routes we didn't see through.
I wonder what kind of weapon you need to break the blue walls.

Top Bottom