• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To those who give DINO a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
moseslmpg;274694 said:
The question may be beyond you, but it is one of the most rational questions being asked right now.

And giving it time is the same as giving it a chance.

Why shouldn't we give it a chance? I think that is obvious. It is DINO, DMC In Name Only. Even if it is good it won't be DMC. It doesn't have anything which defines DMC at all, except one white gun and one black gun. It is more of a Constantine game than a DMC one, at this point.

The fact that it might be better in the future is irrelevant, because we don't live in the future. All arguments from the future are based on unfounded hope. Right now, right here, why should we give it a chance and treat it like DMC? That is the question.

Edit: To be clear, I am not negative about the new game. I simply treat it as I would any other generic action game that borrows elements from DMC. Some people can't seen to look past the title though.

You shouldn´t judge it so hard based on two or three pictures.We haven´t seen anything yet.

Cuervo

moseslmpg;274694 said:
Why shouldn't we give it a chance? I think that is obvious. It is DINO, DMC In Name Only. Even if it is good it won't be DMC. It doesn't have anything which defines DMC at all, except one white gun and one black gun. It is more of a Constantine game than a DMC one, at this point.

All this tells me is that you're dismissing the game because of one trailer. If that's the reason you won't give it a chance, then so be it.

Asmodaius

moseslmpg;274694 said:
The question may be beyond you, but it is one of the most rational questions being asked right now.

And giving it time is the same as giving it a chance.

The fact that it might be better in the future is irrelevant, because we don't live in the future. All arguments from the future are based on unfounded hope. Right now, right here, why should we give it a chance and treat it like DMC? That is the question.

There have already been some good responses and arguements about why you should give it a chance. If you don't find them valid, then that is your opinion. It sounds like you have already denounced the game and that you won't even consider giving it a chance no matter what.

And that's alright. As said before, no one is forcing you to accept the changes or making you like the game. And then that's that. There's no more to it.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
Hasnt Capcom already given some statment, saying that DmC is set in an alternate universe due to all the negative backlash its recieving, I read this in an article on the Devil May Cry Wiki so I know it should be taken with a pinch of salt, but I was wondering if there was anyone who could corroborate that article?

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Flock off with the insults already, geez. It's ridiculous. That's what I mean. No, no one is forcing me to alter my stance. But being insulted for not seeing the need? That's just silly. Grow up.

And why do I have to be PC about this guy? I think he looks nasty and if there's more to him than the cruel bastid I saw in that trailer, then that's good, my mind will change if something gives it cause to - but he got my hackles up fast and the smoking thing just makes me roll my eyes. Right now? No Sale.

Game characters are usually designed to appeal to some demographic or another, and this one - well, I'm figuring I wasn't the target audience here. Guess I'm not western enough? *facepalm*

Anyway, even if his name weren't Dante, my opinion would be the same. He'd make a better villain.

Which, before they called it a reboot, I had a hope that he was. I liked the brainwashed science project injected with Sparda blood theories - the trailer made those pretty believable, and I was starting to feel a little hype, cause that meant it was possible that the devil-half I was hoping to see would be the hero again.

So I ask what am I supposed to wait for, because I really want an answer, not cause I'm trying to be snarky.

I would like to look forward to the next DMC too.
Even taking the appearances out, the reboot statement means this isn't it. And since it has the name, I kinda feel robbed here.

moseslmpg

ALL DINO LOVERS:

I am not rejecting the game or misjudging it. Like I have said a thousand times, whether it is good or bad is irrelevant. I hope it is good so I will have a good action game to rent while I wait for DMC5. But IT IS NOT DMC. Nothing indicates that it is so far, except for the name, which is not enough because names are arbitrary.

And there have been very few good answers to my question. Like I pointed out, the two most common ones have not been rigorous and honest. If you want to admit that you like it just because it has the DMC name, please, by all means, feel free to.

Once again I AM NOT HATING ON DINO, I am indifferent to it as I am to many other action games. My position is one of indifferent neutrality. My question was neutral. There is no need for you to try and convince yourself by shouting at and insulting others who are hesitant to abandon the past 9 years so quickly.

Ats

Kittn;274714 said:
Flock off with the insults already, geez. It's ridiculous.

Me? Why do you people in these forums get so worked up if someone swears or "insults" someone? If 'dummie' is an insult to you then your life must be really tough.

Cuervo

moseslmpg;274717 said:
I am not rejecting the game or misjudging it. Like I have said a thousand times, whether it is good or bad is irrelevant. I hope it is good so I will have a good action game to rent while I wait for DMC5. But IT IS NOT DMC. Nothing indicates that it is so far, except for the name, which is not enough because names are arbitrary.

But we've seen one cinematic teaser trailer. That's it. That's our point.

moseslmpg

Ats;274718 said:
Me? Why do you people in these forums get so worked up if someone swears or "insults" someone? If 'dummie' is an insult to you then your life must be really tough.
because it is rude, uncalled for and against the TOS. By posting, you implicitly agree to follow the TOS or be censured if you don't follow them. If controlling your tongue is difficult for you, consider not posting or going to a new forum. It isn't anything personal, but generally people like to maintain some civility in discussions.
Cuervo;274725 said:
Yes, and my point is, given tht you have seen so litle of the game, why do you even treat it like a DMC game at all? Nothing indicates DMC except the name, and there is no reason to expect it to given statements by the developers. Why should we, as DMC fans, care about this game based on a trailer totally unrelated to the series as we know it? It was a bad business decision for sure.

Cuervo

moseslmpg;274730 said:
Yes, and my point is, given tht you have seen so litle of the game, why do you even treat it like a DMC game at all? Nothing indicates DMC except the name, and there is no reason to expect it to given statements by the developers. Why should we, as DMC fans, care about this game based on a trailer totally unrelated to the series as we know it? It was a bad business decision for sure.

I'm not understanding.

Are you saying this not related to the DMC series at all? Come on.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Ats;274718 said:

This, after your first post on this forums... interesting response.

I'm not worked up. I'm just sick of the pointless insults.

Cuervo said:

Could be ours as well. You've decided what you have based on the same things we saw. What an impasse, no?

So what did you see that made you want to wait and see, like we hear so much? We basically have no choice in the matter. We have to wait and see, on both sides of the crowd here. But some of us are waiting with dismay and others are waiting with enthusiasm.

Just would like to know where those who have the enthusiasm are getting it from. Wouldn't mind a share myself, but I'm not seeing it.

Cuervo

Kittn;274734 said:
Could be ours as well. You've decided what you have based on the same things we saw. What an impasse, no?

So what did you see that made you want to wait and see, like we hear so much? We basically have no choice in the matter. We have to wait and see, on both sides of the crowd here. But some of us are waiting with dismay and others are waiting with enthusiasm.

Just would like to know where those who have the enthusiasm are getting it from. Wouldn't mind a share myself, but I'm not seeing it.

I'm absolutely not going against having a negative opinion of the game. I'm just questioning those who have outright dismissed the game at such an early stage of exposure. I can completely understand why fans would be mad.

moseslmpg

Cuervo;274733 said:
I'm not understanding.

Are you saying this not related to the DMC series at all? Come on.
Here's a litmus test. Take out all reference to DMC and Dante in the game, and if you still think it is DMC, then it probably is. If changing the name makes you think it might not be DMC, it probably isn't.

DINO fails the litmus test.

Cuervo

moseslmpg;274738 said:
Here's a litmus test. Take out all reference to DMC and Dante in the game, and if you still think it is DMC, then it probably is. If changing the name makes you think it might not be DMC, it probably isn't.

DINO fails the litmus test.

What game? All we have is a teaser trailer. I'm just not understand why you are passing judgement such as DMC references to a game none of us have ever played.

Ugh, I give up.

Ats

moseslmpg;274730 said:
because it is rude, uncalled for and against the TOS. By posting, you implicitly agree to follow the TOS or be censured if you don't follow them. If controlling your tongue is difficult for you, consider not posting or going to a new forum. It isn't anything personal, but generally people like to maintain some civility in discussions.

I see where you're going, but I haven't seen any forum like this where people go ape**** just because someone says "something bad". I like to express myself somewhat freely. My swearing is very limited (except my second post here, but we know enough about that, boohoo) But if calling a certain group of people dummies is a huge crime here, then I really consider leaving these forums.

I'm really sorry for the offtopic but I felt like replying.

Oh and if I had written my "notorious" swear-y post "civilized" manner it probably would haven't got this wonderful attention.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Cuervo;274740 said:
What game? All we have is a teaser trailer. I'm just not understand why you are passing judgement such as DMC references to a game none of us have ever played.

Ugh, I give up.

Well, its cause it has the name. That's the thing I can't get my mind around. And they're calling it a reboot, as much as saying this isn't Devil May Cry as we know it.

So why not just call it something else? The world would be at peace once more. If this game wasn't called what it was, it'd be getting discussed in the other games section by all the folks who were looking forward to it. There'd be none of this bickering and bloodshed.

And I know I'd not feel the way I do now about it - spiteful and indignant are the first words that come to mind.

Cuervo

Kittn;274756 said:
Well, its cause it has the name. That's the thing I can't get my mind around. And they're calling it a reboot, as much as saying this isn't Devil May Cry as we know it.

But what do we know of DmC?

Asmodaius

Kittn;274756 said:

So why not just call it something else? The world would be at peace once more. If this game wasn't called what it was, it'd be getting discussed in the other games section by all the folks who were looking forward to it. There'd be none of this bickering and bloodshed.

And I know I'd not feel the way I do now about it - spiteful and indignant are the first words that come to mind.

I think calling it something else and have Dante be called another name, and then keep the other elements they wanna make for the game that could also indicate that it is a Devil May Cry game, would just have people go all "Why is this so much like Devil May Cry? Why have Capcom made a game similar to another game they have already made?"

There will always be bickering and bloodshed. That's just human nature.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
Kittn;274756 said:

Well said.

Thats exactly the problem, they're passing it off as a Devil May Cry game, when its not even the slightest bit recongizable to fans long acquainted with the series.

They alienating hardcore fans already with this reboot, and mind you a reboot would probably be something along the lines of what Tomb Raider Anniversary did, not a totally re-envisioning of lead character, enviroment etc and potentially gameplay.

Im not gonna lie, I think as a project based on its own merits DmC could be good, but for a Devil May Cry game there is no way real hardcore fans will accept this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom