• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To those who give DINO a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

moseslmpg

I have a question for those of you who give DMC In Name Only a chance, and say not to judge it so harshly, etc.

Why should we, as DMC fans, even care to give the game a chance? What do we owe it, given that it is DMC in name only? Do you feel that we ought to give it a chance because Capcom is making it or because it is called DMC or perhaps because the main character's name is Dante? Are you just holding out hope that the "real DMC" will show up later?

If this is really a reboot and there is no "clever" ruse as with the DMC4 trailer, why should we, DMC fans, even care if this game is bad or good? The way I see it, this isn't DMC, it is just a generic action game because there is nothing left of DMC except the name. If it is bad, tant pis, if it is good, tant meux. None of that means anything for DMC or DMC fans though.

Justify your temperance and submit yourself to Arishem the Judge.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Look, all we've seen is a trailer. That's too little to judge the game off of, man. It's a spin-off, I do believe. Not a reboot as people say. This parallels the real DMC series.

Gameplay is good, I'll like it. It sucks, I won't like it. Dante may not be Dante, I don't give a damn.

Flame me if you will. But that's my opinion, and you will NEVER convince me otherwise.

Meg

I agree with you to an extent moses, but I also agree with DT that its to early to tell. I'm willing to wait for more info, but if this turns out to be DMC in nothing but name then *grabs Meg Rage hammer*

moseslmpg

Don't get so defensive. Whether the game is good or bad is irrelevant. I hope it is good personally.

I'm just trying to see why DMC fans are defending a game that has nothing to do with DMC.

It is clear that your reason is because you hope it is somehow related to the main series. What clues you are using, I don't know, but I suppose hope doesn't need evidence.

I ask you this: If this game had been named something else, and if the main character was named Earl, would you have the same zeal for defending it as you do now?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Earl? I dunno about the name, but I would support this game still. It looks like a promising action game.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've watched the trailer, and its grown on me.
Now, reaction earlier, for me... was shock.

I still ask, if Capcom said they had dropped Dante and had a whole new character with a new story, i think that would've gone down a lot worse that what this has.

PPl say DMC2 is rubbish, but fans still play it to see what it is like, it will be no different with this game.

This is just one trailer, another will follow with more info.

WAIT N' SEE

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
moseslmpg;273956 said:
I ask you this: If this game had been named something else, and if the main character was named Earl, would you have the same zeal for defending it as you do now?

Yep i would though personally i dont think the game would had been attacked so hard as it was earlier, it is very early to attack a game with the little amount of info we have and its unrational so i would had defended it still

Vampi

I will not approach this as a DMC game. But i think alot of the people who are saying "Give it a chance" are also hoping against hope that we'll see sumthing familiar in the new DMC from the old DMC.

Capcom has certainly peaked my interest on this game, its gritty and dark, though the emo protagonist has got to go. I'm curious on how it plays and such. Also, Ninja Theory is known for their narrative so i'm interested on how the story unravels.

Again, i'm not approaching this as a honest to goodness DMC game. And i think that's Capcom's intent. It is a reboot after all. Unnecessary reboot, but that's what it is.

I hope they release a bit more info as long as TGS is underway. Because they have sum serious damage control to take care of.

Anyway, verdict for me is. Curious, i'll see what they offer. Until then, this is not DMC. This is sum other game. But i will see if this is good or not in the years to come.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
As much as I don't like the idea of a reboot, and despite all of my problems with it, I'm going to give it a chance.

I am very interested on this different take on DMC.

moseslmpg

VB, you really think it would have been worse if this was not Dante? I think the opposite, because at least there would have been the real Dante we could possibly meet.

Anyway, to those of you who do give it a chance, why is that? Why treat it like a DMC game at all at this point?

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
moseslmpg;273984 said:
VB, you really think it would have been worse if this was not Dante? I think the opposite, because at least there would have been the real Dante we could possibly meet.

Anyway, to those of you who do give it a chance, why is that? Why treat it like a DMC game at all at this point?

Probably because at this point it is too early to dont treat this game has a DMC game, we still have too little info about the game and we have just seen a trailer, and it is on developement really anything on this game can change till release day.

Meg

Agreed with TCD. Lots of games change dramatically from announcement to release. RE4 and FFXII are both good examples.

moseslmpg

Actually, the point at which you have too little info to treat it as a DMC game is exactly the point you should not be treating it like a DMC game.

I guess a way to rephrase the question is: Why do you even treat this like a DMC game? Why do you bend over backwards for this to fit into your image of what DMC is rather than reject it outright as a DMC game?

I myself have rejected it as a DMC game, pending further info. It may be a fantastic game, but nothing about it is DMC so far.

Meg

I'm gonna stay in the middle about it right now. I'm not gonna reject or accept it until I get more info.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, we have just as much ground to reject it as we do to accept it. It comes down to a matter of personal taste.

EDIT: Thanks for ninja'ing me, Meg. XD

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
I'm just ****ed because Dante does NOT smoke. He said he hated it in the novel, so why would he do it now?

I think that the new faggoty, emo Dante needs to GTFO and stop smoking. I'll still give it a chance, however, since DmC looks really ****ing badassed and fun, even if it is only DINO.

moseslmpg

Storm Silves;273999 said:
Well, we have just as much ground to reject it as we do to accept it. It comes down to a matter of personal taste.

EDIT: Thanks for ninja'ing me, Meg. XD
I don't see any grounds for accepting it except unfounded hopes of desperate fans and, of course, the name. But then, what's in a name, as the Bard invites us to inquire?

The grounds for rejection as so obvious that they need not be mentioned. They are characterized by a lack of DMC, a privation.

Still, I am not questioning your right to give the game a chance, just asking why. I get the feeling that it is hope beyond hope, at this point.

Meg

^ We've already said why we are giving it a chance. Take it or leave it. Although mine is a VERY small chance. I just don't want to leap to any conclusions.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
moseslmpg;274010 said:
Still, I am not questioning your right to give the game a chance, just asking why. I get the feeling that it is hope beyond hope, at this point.

Well, we just like the game and the company what can be said we like DMC and if it wont have anything about DMC in story at least it will be good action games.

So we are defending the game because we like DMC and we like Stylish Action Games.

PS. by we i dont meant everyone

moseslmpg

Some of you aren't explaining so well, you guys tend to equivocate. You know how I look for precise answers in my thread so forgive my repetition.

Crazy: I like DMC and stylish action games too, but why is it I am unmoved to defend this game as a DMC game? Because I am not making the unfounded leap from the real DMC to this DMC, while I think others may be doing, perhaps unconsciously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom