• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To those who are excited about DmC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCookie

Sister of the Creed
I definitely can't wait for this game to come out, I totally love the trailer.

But I still don't know why most of the fans don't like the new Dante. :/

Asmodaius

Bullet_Witch912;276045 said:

Try read some of the other threads, then you'll know.
Basically, it is because they want Capcom to continue the series from DMC1-4 and fill out some plotholes, instead of making a reboot and leave alot of questions unanswered.

Meg

^ Actually a lot of us just don't like the way the new Dante looks. :p

Just messing with ya there. :lol:

Asmodaius;276110 said:
Try read some of the other threads, then you'll know.
Basically, it is because they want Capcom to continue the series from DMC1-4 and fill out some plotholes, instead of making a reboot and leave alot of questions unanswered.

I think they can continue with that in DMC6,now i really want to focus on this reboot.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I liked this dante, not in the same way I liked the old one. I see them as different people. I'd love to see some sequel to DMC4 and DMC2, but I'm really excited about this one.

Crimson Devil;276159 said:
I liked this dante, not in the same way I liked the old one. I see them as different people. I'd love to see some sequel to DMC4 and DMC2, but I'm really excited about this one.

I don´t see them as different people.

I see this so called new Dante as old Dante in puberty,so he is quite immature and was eventually caught by police.

devilaX96

Alucard's apprentice
I can't believe it but im excited too. :D Maybe I dont like the new looks of Dante...well maybe I like it a little. But I'm interested in mostly what Capcom and NT have in mind with this change. I'm think that they want to focus our attention so they can release something BIG. And I agree with Crismon Devil. Like he said both Dantes are cool but in a deferent way. One more thing. I maybe hated for this but I think that the old story ( I dont know if theres going to be a new story in the new game :S) was getting confusing and washed up ('cuz you know...it focused Nero, not that I have anything againts him) in DMC4. Personally I think it needed a fresh idea.

P.S. I hope they release a gameplay trailer soon. The combat in the reveal trailer look nice (except the slow guns or I dont know maybe Dante uses them slow).

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I am ecstatic for the new DMC. The only games that really made sense @ all were DMC 3-1 before the storyline within other canons conflicted with each other and the whole she-bang.

This game could be the restart of the series in it's own little world. 'Old' Dante was beginning to feel too invincable, this one feels more human...the human he vowed to be without using any demonic powers since he hates demons. It's evident he doesn't have any healing powers right now, but he still has superhuman ablilities. I can't wait for more details to be released.

BTW, I'm also thinking they made Dante younger to try and capture a more younger and vigorous audiance. I'm sure the company thought fans could relate to the bad-boy better if it's aimed for older teens/young adults. I see no wrong in this...a lot of people hate how they changed Dante but I believe this is an over-looked fact.

Zany Blac

Bullet_Witch912;276045 said:

We dont like this new dante simply because his hair isnt white and he is no longer invincible... plus we like to whine alot so this was as good an opportunity as any other to attract attention to ourselves:p

Asmodaius

Dominus;276946 said:
Can't wait for my new drink coaster, DMC2 will finally lose its place.

I nicely asked those who dislike the reboot not to post here, so please don't. I made this tread so I could see who on this forum who are excited about the new DmC.
Thank you.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
I'm excited because I'm really interested to see a new and very different take on DMC. The new Dante looks alot grittier than old Dante and I'm also a fan of the idea of seeing a more vulnerable Dante, rather than the Godlike figure he was becoming. I just hope the actual gameplay can live up to DMC's legacy.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
^ I'm the same way...I want to see the more human like Dante than the holier-than-thou Dante. He's still fun but I want to see him actually vulnerable. We could sympathize with him more and he'd be more kick*** in the end :).

Dominus

I'd say the only positive things I like about the trailer are the music, and the enemies (marionettes/puppets?) look pretty cool (which I should say I actually prefer to dmc4's enemies). I always thought the possessed puppets as enemies was stupid.

Vampi

Dominus;277045 said:
I'd say the only positive things I like about the trailer are the music, and the enemies (marionettes/puppets?) look pretty cool (which I should say I actually prefer to dmc4's enemies). I always thought the possessed puppets as enemies was stupid.

You say you like the Marionettes, but at the same time you say you hate the puppets for being possessed. Do you mean the DMC 4 enemies? The Scarecrows? Yeah they were kinda lame...i even found sum of them cute in a way.

But yeah, the only good thing about the DmC trailer was the Mannequin enemies (they're not marionettes cause they don't have strings attached to them and they don't look like puppets). Other then that the trailer was not stylish. It was sorta sloppy the way Dino fought.

Dominus

Vampi;277046 said:
You say you like the Marionettes, but at the same time you say you hate the puppets for being possessed. Do you mean the DMC 4 enemies? The Scarecrows? Yeah they were kinda lame...i even found sum of them cute in a way.

But yeah, the only good thing about the DmC trailer was the Mannequin enemies (they're not marionettes cause they don't have strings attached to them and they don't look like puppets). Other then that the trailer was not stylish. It was sorta sloppy the way Dino fought.

Yah that'd be a better description of them. But even DMC1 (i guess which had the marionettes) seemed to have some dumb enemy types in my opinion. DMC3 had better default enemy types, but they got repetitive (multiple enemies with scythes).

I'd say that throughout most of DMC series the minions you fought were kind of dull, but I guess they just served as platforms for action.

Asmodaius

Dominus;277049 said:
Yah that'd be a better description of them. But even DMC1 (i guess which had the marionettes) seemed to have some dumb enemy types in my opinion. DMC3 had better default enemy types, but they got repetitive (multiple enemies with scythes).

I'd say that throughout most of DMC series the minions you fought were kind of dull, but I guess they just served as platforms for action.

DMC have always had a different kind of demon concept than those you typically see in video games, and I've always liked that... but yes, many of them appear rather boring and lacked creativity. However, I like that NT have taken the whole marionette concept and made it their own by changing their appearance from looking like clown-puppets into mechanized killer dolls. At least they don't look like toys that's come alive anymore...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I found the Marionettes creepy. ._.

To be honest, they were the only "ridiculous" demons in DMC1. They were meant to be ridiculous and unthreatening, because they were cannon-fodder. All the other enemies were rather badass looking. Except the Sargassos.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Storm Silves;277569 said:
I found the Marionettes creepy. ._.

To be honest, they were the only "ridiculous" demons in DMC1. They were meant to be ridiculous and unthreatening, because they were cannon-fodder. All the other enemies were rather badass looking. Except the Sargassos.

They were creepy, they still panic me when I see them getting ready for an attack.

Asmodaius

Cannon-fodder or not, the marionette-like demons we see in the trailer still looks better than any past cannon-fodder demons we've seen. I hope they expand on that design for other demons in the reboot. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom