• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To those who are excited about DmC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

Gameplay wise, I am hoping there will be elements from the Devil May Cry series as we know them, but I wouldn't mind if they had it revamped and evolved into a mix of some new kind of gameplay, perhaps taking elements from Heavenly Sword (Which is more or less the same as in God of War).

Also, I would like for the gameplay to evolve throughout the game and not be able to do everything from the start, like Nero could in DMC4. We should be able to upgrade Dante, give him new moves and new weapons as the game progress.

Hopefully they will make it so he will gain a new weapon for each boss he is against - or rather, that his one weapon will get a new form, as it seems his "sword" is able to change shape.
I'm actually rather curious about what his weapon is all about.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
To be honesy with you guys, if the Gameplay in DmC isnt like that of DMC 3 or DMC 4, then this Game is already a failure.

Devil May Cry is critically acclaimed for its over-the-top stylish action, if Ninja Theory just create Gameplay no different from GOW or just Heavenly Sword 2.0, then DmC is seriously gone suck hard and have been a serious waste of everybodies Time.

Im worried if they're even gonna focus on style and ranking in this game.

Zany Blac

Honestly i rather this game than the other scenario capcom had in mind

A Nero centric devil may cry.

At least now we can have a game with a comprehensible story line, because ninja theory at least gives attention to the story telling of a game.

Besides as fans this is exactly what we asked for

No Nero

A Dark and gritty game

Dante in the spot light

And apparently that is what we are getting from the looks of the new dmc trailer

This new game looks great and plus we fans can never be appeased but i assure you all if the game was only focused on nero like capcom initially threatened with all the dante is going to take a backseat in the series to make room for the new protagonist.

Someone in capcom would have been kidnapped by a crazed fan and tortured lol.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
Agreed.

Nero works better as an additional cast member to DMC, not so much the central protagonist, however, I think discrepancy still exists with him because people feel he's a weak replacement to Vergil.

And what was wrong with Devil May Cry's Story?

Its always been comprehensible has it not? Save for Nero's Origins lol

Zany Blac

Well nothing is wrong with the story per say.

I blame everything on Devil May Cry 2 tbh, all the games have a disjointed feeling of not being connected to each other despite the fact that they are sequels and prequels of each other.

I love the story dont get me wrong, the only problem i have with it is that there are soo many things which could and should have been explained in three titles only but instead the story was left thread bare at best.

Even though a great concept the full potential of the story has not been realised and thus it is greatly lacking.

That is my main beef with it.

Zany Blac

Me too, guess im not the only one who likes nero around her

*Dont Tell Chloe_Ryder Tho*

Vergil was my favourite character in the dmc universe so i really hope he is in there reimagined to a certain degree.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
Zany Blac;275122 said:
I blame everything on Devil May Cry 2 tbh, all the games have a disjointed feeling of not being connected to each other despite the fact that they are sequels and prequels of each other.

Im one of this DMC-Fans who believes adherently DMC 2 doesnt exist.

Its the elephant in the room for me.

But I do see what you mean, while I believe DMC 1 and 3 tie in very well into each other, DMC 4 is alittle disjointed despite the Sparda making an appearance in the game and entrenching the idea that the game is after DMC 1.

Zany Blac;275122 said:
I love the story dont get me wrong, the only problem i have with it is that there are soo many things which could and should have been explained in three titles only but instead the story was left thread bare at best.

Again I understand how you feel, things like Nero's Origins or Sparda and his Life over the last two thousands years are an ambiguity, but I believe things like Sparda's blank history (at least to us the audience, because they say the Man went around the World closing and sealing Hell Gates) are what make figures like Sparda very appealing and revered due to the mystery.

But thats what I think you mean when you say things left unexplained over 3 titles.

Due you mean something else?

Zany Blac;275122 said:
Even though a great concept the full potential of the story has not been realised and thus it is greatly lacking.

Yeah I agree Devil May Cry is a great concept. :)

And yeah it does have potential, I feel Sparda and the Order of the Sword can be used in more elaborate and interesting ways, I wouldnt mind a Sparda Game that relates an incident with a Hell Gate or something.

Awesome

heatlancer;274800 said:
more realistic sure, but not much consistency if so, i never seen old dante dig himself 5 feet into concrete with his bare hands

tho the idea of a challenge is always good

Yep Dante is somehow heavily beaten and in some weak chains and can't get out,and before (if that's what the flashes meant) he bounced of the air and he blasted friggin' concrete.

GamblingGambitCloud;274800 said:
i prefer the new dante look personally....he's a troubled teen...and like all teens he wants to fit in....not going to help when ur hair is silver...so it would make sense that the character is trying to dye it black to keep from standing out...although he isn't doing a very good job considering his roots are showing

Because being a troubled teen is cool nowdays as it is to smoke a cigarette. And finaly get over it people, his hair ain't dyed. Unless he dyed it in cows*** and missed a damn 1/10 of his head, and considering he is a bloody demon he'd never fail in a simple job like that, not to mention how his voice doesn't sound teeny at all (unless you are emo then you try to sound like that because you like to intimidate people, in which you fail). And why noone noticed that world is simply too futuristic (even for a normal human future so you could imagine me putting demonic together with futuristic there). This is not new Dante's look this is new Dante. Old Dante can't fit in DMC storyline. Oh by the way not all teens want to fit in.

I just hope that they don't ruin a story with this as Dante's past. This should be Dante's/Nero's son to explain a time gap or a new DMC (in your face Capcom and NT with that big M) universe.

Gameplay should stay the same (new weapons with new combos are not included in same), personnaly I'd like they put this story in today's DMC universe somehow and that they clear story gaps with this game (as seen in trailer this is very unlikely).

Note that I don't hate this game, yet >_<.

Zany Blac

Ichi-nii;275132 said:
Im one of this DMC-Fans who believes adherently DMC 2 doesnt exist.

Its the elephant in the room for me.

But I do see what you mean, while I believe DMC 1 and 3 tie in very well into each other, DMC 4 is alittle disjointed despite the Sparda making an appearance in the game and entrenching the idea that the game is after DMC 1.

Again I understand how you feel, things like Nero's Origins or Sparda and his Life over the last two thousands years are an ambiguity, but I believe things like Sparda's blank history (at least to us the audience, because they say the Man went around the World closing and sealing Hell Gates) are what make figures like Sparda very appealing and revered due to the mystery.

But thats what I think you mean when you say things left unexplained over 3 titles.

Due you mean something else?

Yeah I agree Devil May Cry is a great concept. :)

And yeah it does have potential, I feel Sparda and the Order of the Sword can be used in more elaborate and interesting ways, I wouldnt mind a Sparda Game that relates an incident with a Hell Gate or something.
Lol you and me both mate, dont get me wrong, i dont hate dmc 2 i just think of it more of something that happened maybe in a different dimension like the dmc 2 novel had stuff about different things in different dimension.

But it had the best character design and devil trigger design imo.

Ah about the story, lemme see how to explains this... Have you played Dragon Age: Origins?

If not there is a codex option that gives a detailed explanantion on alot of things in that universe that the game is set in, it gave explanations and details that even the biggest critic cant say that they did not explain this! or That! in the story.

Dmc could have gained a good deal from a library system(not the stuff in DMC4, that was weak)

It could have explained alot of things that would not neccesarily warrant a stand alone game, manga, anime or novel.

I find the whole concept of dmc very appeaing and its heavily affecting the direction of my writing, in a good way.

Not only sparda and the order of the sword, dante had tons of stories yet to tell, but still i want to see what this game offers.

And putting my love for the previous titles aside... i think this new game is gonna be great.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wish this game had Nero in it... But then again, if it did, then people would complain a lot more.

Zany Blac

Storm Silves;275188 said:
I wish this game had Nero in it... But then again, if it did, then people would complain a lot more.

You and me both, but like i mentioned this is exactly what fans wanted.

And are getting.

Careful what you wish for eh? ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zany Blac;275192 said:
You and me both, but like i mentioned this is exactly what fans wanted.

And are getting.

Careful what you wish for eh? ^_^

Well, I hope the fans will realize that without Nero, the story will just get staler and staler.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Storm Silves;275188 said:

I can't see how people "love" Nero.
He's basically Dante in DMC1, as a punk.
What I mean by Dante in DMC1, is plot. Save the girl, Defeat the higher power.
Only thing Nero was missing was telling Kyrie, "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!"

Zany Blac

Acedia;275195 said:
I can't see how people "love" Nero.
He's basically Dante in DMC1, as a punk.
What I mean by Dante in DMC1, is plot. Save the girl, Defeat the higher power.
Only thing Nero was missing was telling Kyrie, "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!"

KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! and the crying more than made up for that. ^_^

moseslmpg

WTH would they put Nero in? This Dante isn't even recognizable, Nero would be like his pet hamster or something. This is a reboot, not a parallel universe with 1-to-1 comparisons.

Give that we don't even know who Nero is, I hope they don't put him in the reboot and confuse everyone further.

Asmodaius

I like Nero as well, but I don't like that he is a mere Dante clone with a demonic arm. If he were to return, I'd want him to have a make-over as well and not look like Dante unless we get a specific reason to why he should look like him. We got hints in DMC4 that they are alike, but never something specific. In fact it feels like the DMC-team just felt like making a younger, more hot-headed version of Dante without it actually was Dante.

The storyline in DMC4 was nice though, how people worshipped Sparda as if he was a god. But I must admit that my favourite storyline was that in DMC3.

As for DMC2, I liked that game, but it had its flaws. But so did every game of the series. DMC1 was too slow-paced, DMC3 had a very ugly Devil Trigger form, DMC4 didn't have Dante as the main character... But those are minor things and overall, Devil May Cry have always been one of my favourite game series.

DmC is a reboot, as mentioned many times before, and it has the chance to take some of the best elements from the series and put it into this game to make it feel more complete than any of the past games. -And- they get the chance to evolve on the gameplay and storyline to the better. We just have to wait and see.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I wish this was more like the Tomb Raider reboot where the original creator comes back and roboots the series his way.
Not that that path ended well because Underworld sucked but still it would make the idea of a reboot much more comfortable for a lot of people and I would think and the backlash wouldn't have been as severe.

Asmodaius;275210 said:
I like Nero as well, but I don't like that he is a mere Dante clone with a demonic arm. If he were to return, I'd want him to have a make-over as well and not look like Dante unless we get a specific reason to why he should look like him. We got hints in DMC4 that they are alike, but never something specific. In fact it feels like the DMC-team just felt like making a younger, more hot-headed version of Dante without it actually was Dante.

The storyline in DMC4 was nice though, how people worshipped Sparda as if he was a god. But I must admit that my favourite storyline was that in DMC3.

As for DMC2, I liked that game, but it had its flaws. But so did every game of the series. DMC1 was too slow-paced, DMC3 had a very ugly Devil Trigger form, DMC4 didn't have Dante as the main character... But those are minor things and overall, Devil May Cry have always been one of my favourite game series.

DmC is a reboot, as mentioned many times before, and it has the chance to take some of the best elements from the series and put it into this game to make it feel more complete than any of the past games. -And- they get the chance to evolve on the gameplay and storyline to the better. We just have to wait and see.

This is a new DMC which has no relations to other parts,so i wouldn´t like Nero to return especially with makeup :lol:.
I liked this new trailer,but i´m also sad that Nero´s background won´t be explained,i´ve always liked that British-punk style :lol:.

Can´t wait to see new Dante in actual gameplay,that will reveal all ^_^.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I'm really excited about this new dmc... oh, sorry. It's DmC now. :)
Anyway... I loved the old dante, but this one seems pretty cool too and much more promising that the old one. In the teaser he seems very mysterious and problematic... I like that.
Hopefully, the gameplay will change a lot. No more styles please!
I always liked the idea of dmc getting more influenced my western culture and they seem to get it right. I don't think vergil will return because of his japanese style. Even if he does, I dont think his yamato will come back too...
Anyway, I have high hopes for this game, considering it is in Team Ninja's hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom