• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To those who are excited about DmC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

(Note: If you do NOT like these new changes, then please refrain from posting in this thread. This thread is about those who DO like what we have seen so far. Thank you.)

First of all, I'd like to know who here are also excited about the upcoming DmC and what we have seen so far with the teaser trailer and the screenshots.

And then I would like to know... Why?

I am very excited about this new Devil May Cry and I think the new Dante is hot! ;P
Like many other fans, I think the DMC series seems unfinished and leaves us with alot of plotholes and questions which I would like to fill out somehow, so yeah, this reboot seems a bit out of place. However, maybe it is because the storyline so far is a bit of a mess, and so they just wipe the board clean and make a do-over. It's a bit odd, but hopefully we will get an explanation on why they are doing it like this.

What about you?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Personally, i think it may be a filler.

But, i think the graphics and style look great.
The game has three names. Devil May Cry DNA, DmC, and Devil May Cry DmC.

I don't like the idea of Dante smoking. He could be a troubled teen because his mother was killed. No one thinks of what could go on inside the mind of a kid who has had a life like Dante.
Kid got into the wrong crowd because his mom got killed, no dad and his brother is also assumed dead.

Obviously, i can't say much to it because only this trailer exists.
Even if it is rubbish, it'll be in the collection anyway

moseslmpg

I think the idea that the old story was a mess and it needed to be rebooted is a copout. Which is why I doubt this is DMC5.

But like you, I await Capcom's explanation. Hopefully we get something by the end of TGS.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I'm super excited about the game.

I think i saw in web site that this DmC is happening before Devil May Cry 1 , thats why Dante looks young and thin

Ats

So far it looks good. I'm looking forward to it.

I never really liked original DMC's storyline mainly because it was so messy. Took some time to make sense.

Cuervo

I'm extremely excited for this.

I love Dante's British punk rock look. And I still feel he has the essence of the Dante in previous games.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Dante.png

This

Dante was getting too invincible in the way he acted and talked. It was getting over the top. There was no way old Dante could even be caught by anyone let alone bound in chains and beaten. I like a protagonist who has to overcome great hardships and prevail at the end. He can still be ****y, in a way it could make him more of a funny character acting and talking like he is untouchable when he is constantly getting smacked about left, right and centre.

Also as a kind of guilty pleasure I am exited for the new generation of DMC5 fanboys who are going to come here and go on about how the new Dante is the best sexiest character ever and how 5 is by far the best in the series etc. It's going to drive people insane and I won't feel like such a grumpy old stubborn DMC1 fan anymore because everyone will be doing it :lol:.

Im going to have so much fun with that especially on youtube.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i think the game looks awesome and i am hoping the revamp and bring back all the characters...maybe we'll see whats up with Vergil...maybe go into some Sparda details....if we're lucky there will be Nero and Trish...that is my ideal thing that this game could do

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
I really do wanna give this game a chance and I will, Ninja Theory have impressed me with their conception of Enslaved their interpretation of Journey to the West, but if they want to place this game under the iconic Name of Devil May Cry they need to return Dante to his previous appearance and demeanour, and do everything in their Power to create an amazing gameplay experience like those of the previous 3 (1, 3 and 4) instalments.

Otherwise, like Devil May Cry 2, DmC could become another Black Sheep of the series.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i prefer the new dante look personally....he's a troubled teen...and like all teens he wants to fit in....not going to help when ur hair is silver...so it would make sense that the character is trying to dye it black to keep from standing out...although he isn't doing a very good job considering his roots are showing

Asmodaius

Darth Angelo;274788 said:
Dante.png

This

Dante was getting too invincible in the way he acted and talked. It was getting over the top. There was no way old Dante could even be caught by anyone let alone bound in chains and beaten. I like a protagonist who has to overcome great hardships and prevail at the end. He can still be ****y, in a way it could make him more of a funny character acting and talking like he is untouchable when he is constantly getting smacked about left, right and centre.

Also as a kind of guilty pleasure I am exited for the new generation of DMC5 fanboys who are going to come here and go on about how the new Dante is the best sexiest character ever and how 5 is by far the best in the series etc. It's going to drive people insane and I won't feel like such a grumpy old stubborn DMC1 fan anymore because everyone will be doing it :lol:.

Im going to have so much fun with that especially on youtube.

Odd thing, I have been a Devil May Cry fan since I first time saw Dante on a PS2 cover... and yet I joined this forum yesterday, haven't heard about it before I found a link to it when I googled the new DmC in search of more information about this 'new' Dante. And honestly, I think this Dante is much sexier than the Dante we know from the past series.

Also, I love your reason for liking him and I agree actually. He was kinda like "I can't die, you can't kill me, demons can't kill me, even gods can't kill me, so whatever." But this Dante appears to be more human and weak. Someone in another post (too lazy to search for it now) mentioned that this reboot might be a more realistic take on the Devil May Cry series, and I think that's rather neat.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
more realistic sure, but not much consistency if so, i never seen old dante dig himself 5 feet into concrete with his bare hands

tho the idea of a challenge is always good

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I love the new take on the DMC world, even if others hate it. It's nice to have something new and fresh instead of the same old same old. So long as this doesn't replace the original DMC series, I'm fine with it.

And I agree with DA. Dante was getting annoying in DMC4 because he was all "I'm so unbeatable and so Gary Stu-ish, look at me!" It was driving me up the goddamn walls. This Dante seems a bit more realistic, which I do like quite a bit.

moseslmpg

Darth: Even if you were getting tired of Dante's god mode, wouldn't you say that they have weakened him too much now? He is being held up by what look like strings and he looks severely malnourished, and apparently doesn't even heal. There is a difference between making Dante vulnerable and making him a weakling.

I was getting tired of godmode as well but it was something that was easily remedied.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
What do you guys feel the Gameplay for this will be like?

Looking at Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, I dont think Ninja Theory could replicate the great stuff seen in instalments 1, 3 and 4, regardless of the lack of gameplay footage in the trailer, the idea of a morphing sword gave me the impression that gameplay in DmC will be similar to Heavenly Sword.

Your thoughts?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Ichi-nii;274815 said:
What do you guys feel the Gameplay for this will be like?

Looking at Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, I dont think Ninja Theory could replicate the great stuff seen in instalments 1, 3 and 4, regardless of the lack of gameplay footage in the trailer, the idea of a morphing sword gave me the impression that gameplay in DmC will be similar to Heavenly Sword.

Your thoughts?

Hopefully not like heavenly sword...because i hated that gameplay....im hoping something similar to god of war or dante's inferno...except better camera angles and usage of the environment.^_^

moseslmpg

I'm guessing the gameplay will be like Enslaved plus GOW. I hope they don't draw on GOW too much, because that gameplay gets stale fast.

I'm looking forward to their rendition of Hell.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
moseslmpg;274846 said:
I'm guessing the gameplay will be like Enslaved plus GOW. I hope they don't draw on GOW too much, because that gameplay gets stale fast.

But would to emulate GOW be a good thing for this title?

Some opinion aimed at DMC 4, claimed that Nero's Devil Bringer was gimmick to simple imitate GOW, for them combat with Nero became stale and consisted of trying but to inevitable grab the enemy.

moseslmpg;274846 said:
I'm looking forward to their rendition of Hell.

Me too, it will be interesting to see how they portray the Heaven and Hell dynamic, most especially as they quote Hume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom