• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The thing that bugs me about DmC?

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
There's a concept that apparently not many people understand and it's just so irritating in the DmC world that bugs me. Both Dante and Vergil are nephilm which is a hybrid of angel and demon so why does everyone think they have humanity in them if there not even human. Seems odd how they could lose humanity when they have none to begin with since they are a hybrid of two super powers. That's all that really bothers me just giving human traits to something that's not even close to human in the first place is just completely controversial to your story and the name of the game.

DankestDarkness

Yes mostly humanity is in the mind in this game but it's hard to relate to them since there not human there pretty much aliens and they don't have the gifts/powers humans posses that former devil may cry games always pointed out in. But my point is how can they have humanity in themselves meaning physical and lose it if they have no human DNA in them which is funny how vergil loses humanity but he's not human he's not really losing his human side he's just giving in to his devil side and rejecting the angel side

Nelo_Vergil

Actually is pretty simple. Demon, and by this logic angels, need human bodies, HOSTs or VESSALS, to take form in the human world (see mundus). This would include Sparda and Eva as well. So if Eva gave birth to Dante/Vergil whilst in a human body wouldn't they naturally LOOK human?

Now DTing causes the loss of humanity. Remember that in the OG games they literally TRANSFORMED when DTing just apply that logic but add the inability to change back. Suddenly it seems a little less complicated. The reason why Dante doesn't outright look like a demon, even in limbo, could be due to Sparda.

Also play VD to get a clue as to why Eva and Sparda even failed to protect Vergil/Dante.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's more then just being human to feel human emotions. Dante and Vergil have lived amongst humans, so they were reaised with human emotions. I'm suprised no one noticed their upbringing.:/

DankestDarkness

Actually is pretty simple. Demon, and by this logic angels, need human bodies, HOSTs or VESSALS, to take form in the human world (see mundus). This would include Sparda and Eva as well. So if Eva gave birth to Dante/Vergil whilst in a human body wouldn't they naturally LOOK human?

Now DTing causes the loss of humanity. Remember that in the OG games they literally TRANSFORMED when DTing just apply that logic but add the inability to change back. Suddenly it seems a little less complicated. The reason why Dante doesn't outright look like a demon, even in limbo, could be due to Sparda.

Also play VD to get a clue as to why Eva and Sparda even failed to protect Vergil/Dante.
I don't care if they look human that makes since cause they transformed into humans so they would have human looking babies it's more of the inner trait inside if them that just doesn't make them human there are a hybrid. And the DT is confusing in this game because well in older games Dante was half man and demon which would make a devil trigger to unlock his abilities of his devil side but in this one your not only demon your nephilm which would mean your trigger should be a fusion of both right? Cause in the older ones the DT symbolizes a form of inner power but in this game they only choose a devil side which makes no sense........ I would play VD but I'm in America and they don't even have it up yet

DankestDarkness

It's more then just being human to feel human emotions. Dante and Vergil have lived amongst humans, so they were reaised with human emotions. I'm suprised no one noticed their upbringing.:/
Well vergil is a perfect example of how he lived in human hands but still has no humanity to his name since he just wants to rule since he's a hybrid of a ultimate being while Dante is only caring just for one person which is Kat which is called love in some degree and he only cared about humans of her

scionicspectre

In some Christian mythos, humans are merely considered 'imperfect' forms of the species of angels and God. That is, you could become an angel once you become perfect or sanctified (usually after death). The idea is that angels who have lived in a mortal body are more powerful than 'unborn' angels. Of course, if you take that point of view, there are all kinds of crazy theories you can come up with.

I think it's safe to say that DmC treats angels and demons as original species with no formal connection to a previous life. I think it's important to note that Vergil is fully aware of the fact that Dante will never be human, and reminds him of this. I think these concepts will play into the sequel. Clearly, being equally demon and angel can't be very good for your mentality, as we see in Vergil.

DankestDarkness

In some Christian mythos, humans are merely considered 'imperfect' forms of the species of angels and God. That is, you could become an angel once you become perfect or sanctified (usually after death). The idea is that angels who have lived in a mortal body are more powerful than 'unborn' angels. Of course, if you take that point of view, there are all kinds of crazy theories you can come up with.

I think it's safe to say that DmC treats angels and demons as original species with no formal connection to a previous life. I think it's important to note that Vergil is fully aware of the fact that Dante will never be human, and reminds him of this. I think these concepts will play into the sequel. Clearly, being equally demon and angel can't be very good for your mentality, as we see in Vergil.
But vergil makes a point he knows what he is and doesn't try to act like something he's not but he chooses demon hood instead of angel hood

EllDawn

Yes mostly humanity is in the mind in this game but it's hard to relate to them since there not human there pretty much aliens and they don't have the gifts/powers humans posses that former devil may cry games always pointed out in. But my point is how can they have humanity in themselves meaning physical and lose it if they have no human DNA in them which is funny how vergil loses humanity but he's not human he's not really losing his human side he's just giving in to his devil side and rejecting the angel side
The way I see it they're like a different race. If you can relate to someone of a different race from you, then you can find a way to relate to Dante and Vergil. Them not having human DNA doesn't really matter to me. The way I see it, the way you tell someone is human is how they treat others. You can be born human, but be so heartless that you aren't actually human. Dante doesn't have human blood, but he has more of a heart than a lot of people which means he has some humanity. That's how I see it, at least.

Nelo_Vergil

I don't care if they look human that makes since cause they transformed into humans so they would have human looking babies it's more of the inner trait inside if them that just doesn't make them human there are a hybrid. And the DT is confusing in this game because well in older games Dante was half man and demon which would make a devil trigger to unlock his abilities of his devil side but in this one your not only demon your nephilm which would mean your trigger should be a fusion of both right? Cause in the older ones the DT symbolizes a form of inner power but in this game they only choose a devil side which makes no sense........ I would play VD but I'm in America and they don't even have it up yet

Next time i'll snip you. I'll say again in limbo DEMONS HAVE FORM. But that isn't the case in the human world (i.e like bleach abit). Dante doesn't have a faux body of sorts (again bleach) to LOOK human. That's he was BORN SEEMING human. See where i'm getting at? They AREN'T HUMAN BUT THEY BORN WITH HUMAN BODIES. That being a result of 2 HUMAN BODIES making them. They NEVER needed hosts because they born already attached.

As far as DT goes theres 2 possibilities. 1) it's called what it isn't (its called DT but it's actually more like a bankai of sorts). 2) you just said 1

DankestDarkness

The way I see it they're like a different race. If you can relate to someone of a different race from you, then you can find a way to relate to Dante and Vergil. Them not having human DNA doesn't really matter to me. The way I see it, the way you tell someone is human is how they treat others. You can be born human, but be so heartless that you aren't actually human. Dante doesn't have human blood, but he has more of a heart than a lot of people which means he has some humanity. That's how I see it, at least.
I didn't really see much heart besides with Kat cause he was pretty much prick in the game he only cared for like two people his brother and Kat and he was soo ready to kill his own brother with no hesitation that's not human that's pretty demonic the only reason he was spared was cause Kat told him/ begged him to stop killing his brother she's the one that implies a human nature to him cause if she wasn't in the game that human nature wouldn't cross his mind cause this game was about revenge fuk humanity and mankind without that Kat he wouldn't have it he would have killed Mundus and let his life be

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Hhumanity in use here is the same as itwas in referreding to one's humanity in DMC classic. Not in your race, but...

Humanity = Compassion. Dante has it, Vergil was losing it...and apparently in DmC, Dting started eating away at your compassion.

EllDawn

I didn't really see much heart besides with Kat cause he was pretty much prick in the game he only cared for like two people his brother and Kat and he was soo ready to kill his own brother with no hesitation that's not human that's pretty demonic the only reason he was spared was cause Kat told him/ begged him to stop killing his brother she's the one that implies a human nature to him cause if she wasn't in the game that human nature wouldn't cross his mind cause this game was about revenge fuk humanity and mankind without that Kat he wouldn't have it he would have killed Mundus and let his life be
Him caring about Kat and Vergil is a start. And as Dante Redgrave said, in this game DTing eats away at whatever humanity there is. It doesn't mean it wasn't there in the first place, just that he lost control while in demon form. His reasons for fighting were also selfish, but still showed that he felt something. When he thought of what he did remember of his mother at the start of the game, he didn't have a blank face, he felt something about losing those memories. When remembering his family, it's obvious he cares. He had to start somewhere in proving there was something humane in him, and that's as good a place as any.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Having Humanity doesn't automatically make you human. Humanity is a concept that one can apply to being kind, tolerant, understanding, and compassionate of others. Sparda wasn't a human but he still had his humanity, he saved the human race from utter destruction.

Top Bottom