• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I've said it publicly on facebook, and otherwise... And I still stand by my stance: I hate small towns. How they handle banking is poor.

I overdrafted by a dollar and some cents ($102.49 is what I had in the bank at the time of the amortization, but the overdraft was $103.31), they charge me for both the overdraft, and the "missing money" which ends up being that I pay for the same thing twice at that point. Then I got $328, they did it again, because they want more money from me.

Jesus. Screw these small-town bankers. In larger cities, the only thing they charge you for is the overdraft and what left over you didn't pay for. That much I noticed.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
@Carlos Can't you just transfer your money to a bigger bank's account? I mean, I don't know if it's possible in your country and I'm sorry if I'm being an idiot in this. Here in Finland we have bigger and smaller banking companies and you can just choose where do you want to hold an account. You can even be like my dad and hold a different account in almost every bank :p
The only exception that comes to my mind is Ålandsbanken, which (I guess) is the official bank of the autonomous island of Aland and it might require that you also live in Aland or something like that, but I'm not sure about it. (Either way, messing with Aland companies if you haven't got the sort of "nationality of Aland island" would be horribly inconvenient :laugh:)

// The rest of this post is now removed since the things mentioned (not related to the previous quote or any member here!) are now a matter of preliminary investigation. Just leaving this here for the time stamps. //

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
@Carlos Can't you just transfer your money to a bigger bank's account? I mean, I don't know if it's possible in your country and I'm sorry if I'm being an idiot in this. Here in Finland we have bigger and smaller banking companies and you can just choose where do you want to hold an account. You can even be like my dad and hold a different account in almost every bank :p
The only exception that comes to my mind is Ålandsbanken, which (I guess) is the official bank of the autonomous island of Aland and it might require that you also live in Aland or something like that, but I'm not sure about it. (Either way, messing with Aland companies if you haven't got the sort of "nationality of Aland island" would be horribly inconvenient :laugh:)
Thanks for the kind thoughts, but the issue is that my current living situation is that I live in a dumb, and poor town. I used to live in California, but I am currently am living in Alabama for the time being. I am in this ...sort of limbo, lets put it that way. Every month I pay for the server, I have to go to the bank and deposit physically, from a mile. In California, it's a simple walk. And I don't have to be worried about a shooting (which does happen from time to time here in Alabama). Now, don't get me wrong, there was and is crimes in California, but the area where I lived physically was pretty quiet. Not too quiet, but enough that I don't feel nervous. I could do everything myself in California, without needing a car. Saving me money and time.

Banks in Alabama are too far away from each other, you'll need to walk 1 hour, or drive 20-30 minutes JUST to deposit.

I went with this bank because it's closer to us. Any other bank, is either a small bank, or a credit union, most of the time they're not very well-known, so... we just stick to what others think of one bank. We had wells fargo near this bank, but the bank closed down for business reasons (no traffic, no money coming in and out, etc.)

I could hold multiple accounts, but then I'd have to go over there to make the the deposit or any other action, unless I have an online account. PayPal was my means of paying for servers, buying websites, domains, and other online payments.

The problem is, I overdrafted the bank, which overdrafted the PayPal account, so it's double jeopardy. I don't like this situation at all.

PayPal not only made me pay more than once, they overcharged my account. I'll deal with PayPal in due time, but right now I am more focused on my server than anything else.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
@Carlos Oh, okay! Sorry about the inconvenience, I had a wholly different impression about the facts and didn't understand the situation properly.

While I'm here, let's just say, f*ck you European Union. Don't get me wrong, I think EU is mostly a great thing and I don't like Brexit and all that (I really hope there isn't going to be a "Fixit" in my country even though some people are talking about it...). Just that this whole student exchange thing would be a lot easier without these crappy online applications, which have probably never been beta tested before launching them.
And no, an old-school paper application is not an option. They aren't accepted anymore, since these online applications are so "awesome and convenient and making life easier".

I would like to see that one exchange student who says these are convenient. I'm afraid I'm causing an explosion in our university's server room because I'm filling the International Office's mailboxes with e-mails like "Hey, it's me again with problem number 9. I can't come up with any idea how to fill this required field in this application because it requires a direct link to the host university's course catalogue, but the field has a character limit and the link is too long, so my link is not getting accepted and I can't go forward".

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
After an agonizing evening, I finally got a car. I have to take the rental back in the morning, which will make late for work, but I do not care. I'm just glad it's done with.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Not a huge rant or anything: I really have to wonder how they thought it was a good idea to only allow DMs for paying members. I mean, there are a ton of other perks you could have kept for your VIP members--DMs should be standard. (Also, what's the point in my being able to receive said messages if I can't read them? They literally blur it out so you can't, and it's just...frustrating.) I'd delete my account there, only there doesn't seem to be an option for that, either. :facepalm:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Not a huge rant or anything: I really have to wonder how they thought it was a good idea to only allow DMs for paying members. I mean, there are a ton of other perks you could have kept for your VIP members--DMs should be standard. (Also, what's the point in my being able to receive said messages if I can't read them? They literally blur it out so you can't, and it's just...frustrating.) I'd delete my account there, only there doesn't seem to be an option for that, either. :facepalm:

What site is this on? That sounds like a horrible policy...I'd rather have AO3's no DMs at all than have to pay just to send/read messages...

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Can't even take a **** comfortably cause the toilet is freezing cold. Literally gotta keep my ass raised above it and be done with it as quickly as I can.

Uuuuuugh, I HHHHHATE cold seasons. ****ing gimme spring and summer, NOW.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
There's a massive strike going on here. It all began with post office employees, but it has now spread all over Finland. Even the electrician's union has joined in it, and news about strikes are on the headlines 24/7.

In Finland, the railway industry is a monopoly business. There is only one, state-owned corporation taking care of public train travel. Now the railway union has announced they're starting a strike on Friday at 6 am.

So, what has this to do with me?
I've got train tickets for a long-planned journey (which I have cancelled already once because I was ill), on FRIDAY AT NOON!!!

And they're non-refundable.

:inlove: :banghead: :poop:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
That feeling when you think you'll just tidy up your craft supplies... an hour later there's so much stuff lying on the floor the place looks like the London Blitz and you wish you hadn't.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
If I never throw up again, it'll be too soon.

Was it stress? Was it food poisoning? I may never know. All I know is, I better feel 100% normal by Friday, because this sucks. :hungover:

Goldsickle

Can't even take a **** comfortably cause the toilet is freezing cold. Literally gotta keep my ass raised above it and be done with it as quickly as I can.

Uuuuuugh, I HHHHHATE cold seasons. ****ing gimme spring and summer, NOW.
Meanwhile, I have never seen real snow in my whole life.
It's summer all year round here.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Drives me mad when customers are emailing me asking where their order is 1 working day after we have posted it, do they not know that Royal Mail are in their busiest period of the year? Once the order leaves this building its out of our hands... resending another would just be putting more items into the system and would take just as long... :banghead:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
// This post is now removed since the things mentioned are now a matter of preliminary investigation. Just leaving this here for the time stamps. //

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

****ing revolting. I mean we already pretty much knew that Denuvo was a c#nt, but hopefully this puts the final nail in the argument's coffin.
We've come to the point where a pirated product boasts higher quality than the legit version. I'm sorry for the developers of these games, because stuff like this is the publishers' call, not theirs, but seriously, at this point I'm starting to think it's actually just to pirate games that actively adopt the "pay us to **** you in the ass" policy.

Just look at that Ubisoft scam, stacking up 2 invasive as **** DRMs together, why, cause they have a deal with Intel or something? They wanna force people to buy i7s with that crap? The entire market has been misled, "4 core CPUs are not enough for games anymore", bullshit. It's not the game's themselves that stress processors, it's these piece of **** "protections" strangling the cores.

STOP using DRMs, they're useless, they only provide the illusion of protection and they're actually creating a paradox. Games get cracked anyway, you ****ing idiots, and by shoving DRM upon DRM down the customer's throat that do nothing but destroy performance, you're actually incentivizing him to NOT buy the game, and wait for the cracked version instead. And you know what, you ****ing deserve to have your game pirated to hell and back (referring to the publishers again, the actual devs are victims just like the customers).

The best way to combat piracy and get people to buy your games is not invasive, CPU-stressing "protection" software, it's gaining customers' trust and respect. That's why CD Projekt RED's titles still sell really well on PC despite none of that Denuvo bullshit, and that's why I'm gonna continue to buy their games, and why I'm gonna pirate the **** out of Ubisoft's (when they'll actually release something that interests me, that is) for as long as they keep using that ****ing DRM matryoshka system. And you can bet your backside I won't be feeling guilty about it, not one bit. I won't spend money for an objectively undeserving product, for a ****ing scam.

Last but not least, where the **** is the gaming press? Why did I have to find this kind of information in an obscure ass YouTube video? Rhetorical question of course, I know exactly why. ****ing corporate shills won't risk getting out of publishers' payroll. Disgusting.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
No Bayonetta news again.

GOD F&^#*& $%#$@#*$ DAMN IT! Stop F$#&ing not saying s#%$. Either cancel it or tell us what. Don't leave us in the dark like this. It's been to years. Hell is wrong with you?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Here's a full-on first world problem for you all:

My favourite perfume has a price-tag of £90 a bottle. I can only afford 30ml at a time.

Clearly, my life is over and I can never show my face in public again.

#dramallama :laugh:

Top Bottom