• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Viper

Premium
I was in a thread about girl gamers, and barely a minute after I list some of the games I played, some dude expresses desperate wish that I somehow live in his town. He's totally different country, so nope, but it's kinda making me uncomfortable. I get that a girl with my gaming experience is not something one really sees every day (for now at least), but I game cause I like it, not to pick up guys.

I'm having too much fun with fictional guys, anyway.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Shaking my head at the continuing stigma toward e-books. Look people, I get it--it's hard to beat the charm of physical books. I adore them; the texture, the smells, the turning of pages. But a book doesn't cease to be a book, just because it's given digital format. There are many positives that come with digital books; easier to take multiple books with you during travel, less deforestation to produce paper for physical copies, etc.

That said, hemp! Goddamn it, can they not replace all paper products with hemp, already? I do not want physical books to be completely replaced by digital, and I think hemp is the answer. We still need lumber for a great many things, but if we could just reduce the amount of things we need it for, that would be great...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Fine.
I'll go see the asshat of a registrar.
Even if it is just to be curt, polite and to get a repeat prescription for the stupid meds that do :poop:
Get in, get out, say as little as possible.
Because if I'm honest and open about what's going through my head, they'll probably admit me to the ward. :laugh:

Also, I'm in so much friggin pain. I need a sedative, or a tranq. Or morphine. Just something to make this pain go away.

berto

I Saw the Devil
My computer might've just died...

I can't afford to replace it, either. Damn thing might be dead and I just paid to have some data backed up. $160... Cancelled my pre order of Final Fantasy XV for this.

This happened already once before. I managed to fix it then but now it's not working and I need to get to work. I'm am sick of this f***ing computer. As soon as I can I am getting a replacement, and I am making sure it's not a Lenovo. F*** those things. Two days till I know if my work is salvageable. Two whole days, and even then I won't know until I restore the thing to factory settings. Then, only if everything happens to be okay can I start to reinstall the programs I need to get to work.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Mum's been pestering me about my weight. She's been doing that for a few years now. I told her I ditched the sedative I take to help me sleep because it's made me gain too much weight, which is probably adding to my health issues.
She's been demanding to know how much I've lost ever since. Every time I tell her I don't know (it's not like I'm religiously weighing myself every week, really) she thinks I'm lying and that I haven't lost any and then she brings up my aunty and cuz who use diet pills to help them.
So this morning I finally remembered to weigh myself. I'm only slightly surprised that I've lost a few kgs.
Well a couple of weeks ago, we were all hurling, and ever since then I haven't felt quite right in my stomach. I'm also in a lot of pain a lot of the time. Yeah, pain kinda makes me not think about food or that I'm hungry so I probably went at least two days this week without eating something with sustenance.
But I can't really say "Hey I've lost weight because I'm in excruciating pain". Don't want my peeps to worry, or 'others' to think I'm fishing for sympathy/attention, OR get mum on my back about my weight AND health.
I also don't want my kids' friends' mums to call off all the playdates for the holidays because they think it would be too much for me either. I would feel guilty AF if they cancelled 'because you're unwell'.

Funny that.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
entry2a.jpg

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
That school sucks.

Leaving my daughter unattended whilst she goes through the worst panic attack she's ever had which lasted an HOUR is just ridiculous. They could have called me any time but they didn't.

They also didn't even tell me anything had happened; I had to find out for myself.

Stupid school. I hope that idiot principle falls over his own ego and breaks his damn neck...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I don't know how to feel right now. I want to believe the intervention will help, but something tells me deep down in my gut that it won't.

I wish we could be there, but again--even if we were, what hope do we have of getting through to him, when the people who are able to see him frequently couldn't? This whole thing is likely to end badly. I'm not being fatalistic--I just know the score.

(I'm probably going to be a bit absent for a bit, at least until the initial shock wears off. So for anyone I usually talk to, I promise I'm not ignoring you; just have some rough stuff to deal with for the time being).

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I looooove being told I'm going to spend tomorrow with people who don't think my work is real work and enjoy criticizing me about it.

...is it possible to get a passport and a plane ticket to another country before then? :shifty:

Dark Drakan

Admin
My computer might've just died...

I can't afford to replace it, either. Damn thing might be dead and I just paid to have some data backed up. $160... Cancelled my pre order of Final Fantasy XV for this.

This happened already once before. I managed to fix it then but now it's not working and I need to get to work. I'm am sick of this f***ing computer. As soon as I can I am getting a replacement, and I am making sure it's not a Lenovo. F*** those things. Two days till I know if my work is salvageable. Two whole days, and even then I won't know until I restore the thing to factory settings. Then, only if everything happens to be okay can I start to reinstall the programs I need to get to work.

What is it thats going wrong with it?

I don't know how to feel right now. I want to believe the intervention will help, but something tells me deep down in my gut that it won't.

I wish we could be there, but again--even if we were, what hope do we have of getting through to him, when the people who are able to see him frequently couldn't? This whole thing is likely to end badly. I'm not being fatalistic--I just know the score.

(I'm probably going to be a bit absent for a bit, at least until the initial shock wears off. So for anyone I usually talk to, I promise I'm not ignoring you; just have some rough stuff to deal with for the time being).

All the best and hope things improve soon.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Turns out I forgot to send the file for an assignment where the whole assignment was that file. Now I'll have to explain go my partner that he's going to see a 0 appear in his grades because I'm an idiot. Great way to start the week.

berto

I Saw the Devil
What is it thats going wrong

The os was damaged. Had to re initialize my computer. I'm back to Windows 8.1. I had Best Buy back my data up but the bastards broke my computer at the joint of the screen and refuse to take responsibility. Now I can't tilt my screen any more.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The os was damaged. Had to re initialize my computer. I'm back to Windows 8.1. I had Best Buy back my data up but the bastards broke my computer at the joint of the screen and refuse to take responsibility. Now I can't tilt my screen any more.

Should ask to speak to supervisor or manager, was it in store that they refused to take responsibility? Normally if this happens you can email company as a whole and complain and take it further.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Of course you hurt your ankle picking up your sister, why the hell not? It seems like you get hurt every week. It's not like I have an ear infection and a cold, and I still have to work, while all you have to do is go to the bank to get our rent. That's it. And no, I'm not dropping your sisters phone off at school. She can live without it, and it's her fault she left it here. Excuse me while I also go and figure out our entire insurance plan, while you stay home and play Sims all day.

Top Bottom