• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Elite Record Maintenance and Extension Global Emergency Ruling Dominance: ERMEGERD

EMEGD2.gif

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
:vomit:
Preordered Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for £12.

Still don't have it.

Could've got it from my work yesterday for £9. Would've had it.
So you're fully aware that it's a play and not an actual book like all the others, right? I think they said it's in screenplay format, too (which is ridiculously fun to write but that's irrelevant, sorry). And it's like a collaboration effort by JKR and a couple of others. I can't link to the source, unfortunately, as I've no idea where exactly I read that article but I'm sure if you google it, something is bound to come up.
So. Not the REAL next addition to the franchise. Kinda like the DmC reboot is an addition to the DMC franchise but it's not quite the-next-in-line-addition that everyone wishes and hopes and pines for. That's what The Cursed Child is to the HP franchise. Just a headup, incase you didn't know and preordered it without a second thought.

+Current rant: COME ON, MATE, this is week 3 and I'm STILL waiting for my bokken!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have the patience to wait for this! If I knew it would take this long, I'd rather have had a proper one made, at least then I know the bloody wait would be worth it. Just.
URG.
PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
:banghead::banghead:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
So you're fully aware that it's a play and not an actual book like all the others, right? I think they said it's in screenplay format, too (which is ridiculously fun to write but that's irrelevant, sorry).

Yeah I was aware. It's basically just the play in screenplay format (like you said) but it's the next in the timeline. Essentially it's Harry Potter 8, just not as an actual novel because she wanted to do it as a play instead - for some reason or another.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
That awkward moment when your daughter is building a temple in Minecraft, and you have to explain to her why the swastika and inverted swastika she used at its entrance are inappropriate.

Never mind that before a lunatic and his followers used it as their symbol, it was used by ancient civilizations for well-being and prosperity, and that it still remains as such for a handful of spiritual civilizations to this day. Because unfortunately, the common idiot doesn't know that, and if anyone were to see it of her friends or mine, negative assumptions would follow.

Gods, I ****ing hate how we have knowledge at our fingertips, yet so many people can't be bothered to use it. If they did, I wouldn't have had to dishearten an eight-year-old who was just trying to be creative (and ironically enough, using the symbol in a way it was actually intended).

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The more I see of my mother's Twitter account, the more I am actually ashamed of her. This bizarre life she leads is like she's been brainwashed. She is nothing like the person she was when we were growing up.

The really sad thing is that she is a keyboard warrior with no stones. Either be one persona or the other but stop pretending. It's actually insulting to think I didn't work it out about her sexuality, her views, her complete rejection of everything she used to be, her virtual disowning of my sister for no reason other than she "unbalanced her calm" or some nonsense...

Grow up, woman. You're nearly 60 and behaving like a teenager. Not cool.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
A youtuber that I follow made a video talking about the plot of the play. God, as someone who loved the books, my only thought was "WTF Rowling?!"...
I also think The Cursed Child seems more like a bad fanfiction than a worthy follow up to The Deathly Hallows, but to be fair, Rowling was hardly involved in it. It was primarily written by someone else.

So, just do what I'm doing and pretend it doesn't exist. You'll feel better.

Someone call me when a more talented writer, or Rowling herself decides to do a prequel Voldemort or Dumbledore spinoff.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
So it's OK for my neighbours to have their TV ear-splittingly loud at night but if we dare put up a shelf at 2 in the afternoon on a Saturday, all hell breaks loose.

Damn I'm sick of being considerate of other people. Can't wait to move house and enjoy the peace and quiet of no noise except our own. And no one telling us what we can and cannot do in our own home.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
neither of the barry allen's are blonde, wonder woman doesn't have blue eyes, hawkeye isn't blonde, captain ****ing america has brown hair, and aquaman is literally a different race...yet MJ not having red hair bothers you...? my fellow nerds...i love you...but you irk me sometimes...and by "sometimes" i mean "most times".

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
neither of the barry allen's are blonde, wonder woman doesn't have blue eyes, hawkeye isn't blonde, captain ****ing america has brown hair, and aquaman is literally a different race...yet MJ not having red hair bothers you...? my fellow nerds...i love you...but you irk me sometimes...and by "sometimes" i mean "most times".
The thing is though, Zendaya as Mary Janes has not even been confirmed. It's another rumor that's backed by hardly anything. The evidence that backed the claim that she was playing Liz Allen was more solid, and honestly makes a lot more sense.

People need to chill.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ever notice that when you get frustrated with a game and the character gets you killed you yell at them by name? This happens to me with RE games. I've actually said the words: 'DAMN IT, Chris! Get your **** together!' 'Oh, my God, Shava, you are a uselsess ****' 'Thanks, Piers. Thanks for ****ing nothing.' and so on.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Hey, Microsoft? Y'know how you basically force everyone to have an Outlook account? Maybe you should...oh...I dunno...make Outlook a little f-king more secure so people don't have to come on to weird s*** that makes them wonder if someone's been poking on their account, you've changed something without warning, or something similar? Just a thought.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You know, what I hate the most about natural disasters like earthquakes is not the disaster itself, but the exploiting the media do whenever it happens.

I hate seeing journalists rushing to the place like vultures on a carcass and breaking everyone's balls with their questions.

"Are you alright?"... No, dumbass, he's not alright, he lost his only house or worse, loved ones.

"As for the missing people... Where are they?"
What kind of stupid question is that? They're ****ing missing. If they knew where they are, they wouldn't be missing would they.

A talk show host went as far so to say it can be a POSITIVE thing, cause it can jumpstart the economy. EXCUSE ME? Wh... wha... I'm speechless.

**** man, screw this garbage.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
My controller for PC games is dying. =( I've had it for about 6 years and it's only just now starting to show signs of it not responding like it used to. ...why is this so sad? =( -hugs it-

Top Bottom