• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The PS3 hate needs to STOP!

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Esura;154605 said:
Sony this gen just completely underestimated their competition and pretty much assumed too much.

OMG!!! I never thought I would have heard that coming from you o_O Imma take you off of the ignore list.

Anyways back to the topic.

I completely agree with you as far as delivering the goods, Sony never lets me down. If Sony makes a promise it's a safe bet that they will honor it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;154605 said:
Can you blame them for being pigheaded? (I dont support it but just read on) They dominated Nintendo and Sega, the biggest gaming contenders back in the day, for like 10+ years. Sony essentially made gaming mainstream. But, yeah, like you said, that are arrogant, but they do deliver on most (not all) of their promises. Even with the PS3 supposedly being "dead on arrival" they essentially made a sinking ship float and give Microsoft a run for their money, literally (Microsoft spending $50 million on DLC is freaking asinine and like unreal...just to keep it from Sony). One of the reasons that I highly respect Sony and their products is because they really do deliver on promises and so far, they havent disappointed me.

Sony this gen just completely underestimated their competition and pretty much assumed too much.

Cant say that i wouldnt blame them for being pig-headed no but still they should be doing things to keep fans happy. The majority are happy now but delaying the European release of the console by 6-7 months because 'Europe isnt one of the markets that had the best sales' was total insanity. Also giving us a stripped down console for twice the price of the US models and then delaying everything all the time. They were all marketing nightmares that should never have happened. I was all ready to preorder one before release like i did with the PS and PS2 but then that delay came and we got it majorly late so i got my 360.

Most of the games issues werent Sonys fault as the developers had issues that couldnt be avoided. However Sony shot themselves in the foot by withholding their SDK tools from developers for to long. Thats the reason PS3 gets more glitches in its game as still even now some companies are struggling to use the development tools for the console. This also should never have happened and was down to mismanagement on Sonys part. All this has now mounted up into the media articles you were referring to. The main reason being that Sony are veterans in the industry and these seemed like schoolboy mistakes so the media picked up on them. I do however respect Sony of course as ive loved playing on their consoles and their games for many years and their technology is great & the PS3 is an excellent piece of hardware.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Dark Drakan;154617 said:
Cant say that i wouldnt blame them for being pig-headed no but still they should be doing things to keep fans happy. The majority are happy now but delaying the European release of the console by 6-7 months because 'Europe isnt one of the markets that had the best sales' was total insanity. Also giving us a stripped down console for twice the price of the US models and then delaying everything all the time. They were all marketing nightmares that should never have happened. I was all ready to preorder one before release like i did with the PS and PS2 but then that delay came and we got it majorly late so i got my 360.

Most of the games issues werent Sonys fault as the developers had issues that couldnt be avoided. However Sony shot themselves in the foot by withholding their SDK tools from developers for to long. Thats the reason PS3 gets more glitches in its game as still even now some companies are struggling to use the development tools for the console. This also should never have happened and was down to mismanagement on Sonys part. All this has now mounted up into the media articles you were referring to. The main reason being that Sony are veterans in the industry and these seemed like schoolboy mistakes so the media picked up on them. I do however respect Sony of course as ive loved playing on their consoles and their games for many years and their technology is great & the PS3 is an excellent piece of hardware.

That sucks for you Euro gamers...seriously. I didnt even know about all that until last year....nor withelding the SDK tools until now.

Not only do I respect Sony for the reasons you stated but I respect Nintendo too for making games even more accessible and using motion controls. I never thought that I'd ever get my moms to play any system other than Atari 2600...until the Wii. I cant say the same about Microsoft however. I would love to invest in a 360 again as well, especially with Gears 2 out, but until I know that Microsoft like fixes the RROD like 100% completely or something, it seems , at least to me, a risk to invest in a gamble like that. Its games arent worth this hassle. Yeah, I know this is off topic and seems a little sudden and fanboyish, but why the **** isnt Microsoft making like new models of 360 that DONT RROD!? I dont get it. Is Microsoft lazy or something? But I digress. Ignore this paragraph :lol:

Media is a bitch huh?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;154645 said:
That sucks for you Euro gamers...seriously. I didnt even know about all that until last year....nor withelding the SDK tools until now.

Not only do I respect Sony for the reasons you stated but I respect Nintendo too for making games even more accessible and using motion controls. I never thought that I'd ever get my moms to play any system other than Atari 2600...until the Wii. I cant say the same about Microsoft however. I would love to invest in a 360 again as well, especially with Gears 2 out, but until I know that Microsoft like fixes the RROD like 100% completely or something, it seems , at least to me, a risk to invest in a gamble like that. Its games arent worth this hassle. Yeah, I know this is off topic and seems a little sudden and fanboyish, but why the **** isnt Microsoft making like new models of 360 that DONT RROD!? I dont get it. Is Microsoft lazy or something? But I digress. Ignore this paragraph :lol:

Media is a bitch huh?

I agree wholeheartedly with the Nintendo comment and they have managed to do the seemingly impossible. They got people who were non-gamers to play games and actually have fun. So hats of to them for that and they didnt boast about power all day and breaking technology limits. They took a simple idea and some innovation and made a genius move.

Microsoft have spent billions trying to fix the problem and also replaced so many consoles (for free). The problem isnt as widespread as it once was and they are doing everything to fix it. However it was all down to a stupid manufacture oversight originally and has cost them big time. Not only did it cost them lots of money and sales it cost their reputation. However they have developed 4 different chipsets for the 360 (Falcon, Opus, Jasper and Valhalla) to lessen the issues so they are doing everything they can to stop it. However its technology and things can go wrong but that also should have never happened and was a huge blunder on their part.

Esura

I hate when other hardcore gamers diss the Wii cause it dont have "hardcore" games like PS3 or 360. So? What I hate worse than douchebag fanboys who give fanboys bad names is douchebag hardcore gamers who diss the casual gamers and Wii to no end. I dont know if other hardcores know this but...Nintendo was mostly ALWAYS skewered towards a more casual market. It just that this is the first time that they completely focused on the casual market. From the NES (Famicom in Japan), to SNES (Super Famicom in Japan), to N64, and to GC and now Wii, every one was litered with casual games with some hardcore games. Hell, Nintendo's mascots has that whole casual feel.

Unlike those hardcore gamers, I'm a hardcore gamer that respect Nintendo's move to appease to the masses. Like wasnt that the original goal of video games to begin with?

The Da3dra

Master Of War
GamblingGambitCloud;154678 said:
i am actually an extreme hater of the ps3 because God of War 3 will be ps3 exclusive and i can't afford one...so i'm really ****ed....

Well that is really your problem isn't it? I could have bought a PS3 instead of a 360 and a Wii and I'm sure there are a lot of things you could have done without, so don't hate the PS3 for your choices. Second the game has been a PS exclusive since the first. Why would you think they would put it on any system other than a PS?

The Da3dra;154581 said:
I have a Wii and a 360, long story short there wasn't enough insurance money to buy one (that sounded worse than it really was) :p It kills me that I don't have a PS3.

OOH!!! And who rep'ed me for this?

Esura

GamblingGambitCloud;154678 said:
i am actually an extreme hater of the ps3 because God of War 3 will be ps3 exclusive and i can't afford one...so i'm really ****ed....

Well no shnit.

God of War is Sony owned. Havent you ever LOOKED at the covers of GoW, GoW2, and GoW Chains of Olympus? Its made by SCE Studios Santa Monica (not GoW Chains of Olympus though, that was Ready2Dawn I think), a Santa Monica division of Sony.

Dude...blame yourself for being ****ed off. You are the only person I know that hates the PS3 for not having one of its FIRST PARTY EXCLUSIVES multiplatform. If you really want to play it...go BUY a PS3.

Sparda™

^ I like this man.:D

As long as the PlayStation will exist in the console market, It will benefit Nintendo and Microsoft too. It won't go off market because the media likes to pick up on some 'flaws'.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
GamblingGambitCloud;154829 said:
i was actually talking about the ps2...they coulda put it on that system too..just not have the graphics as good

...no you definitley came in and bitched about the PS3 and said nothing about the PS2. For all you know that could be impossible to make the game for the PS2. The bluray discs the PS3 uses can hold significantly more than the DVD system all other systems use. In the end it won't just be the graphics that are differnet but also the level design and in the end it will suck.

EX.

Zero Punctuation: The Force Unleashed

The Da3dra

Master Of War
GamblingGambitCloud;154859 said:
then they could put it on multiple discs....
That wouldn't be cost effective. They would have to raise the price of the game for the extra discs.

GamblingGambitCloud;154859 said:
all i'm sayin is make it available for those who can't get a ps3
The point of exclusives is to get people to buy their system. If I love GOW and I do then I am going to buy a PS3 not p*ss and moan about it being an exclusive.

GamblingGambitCloud;154863 said:
actually it's more of sony's problem because they lose sales
No they don't, people will buy there system and their game. I'd call that a raise in sales.

GamblingGambitCloud;154876 said:
i just don't see any good reason to get a ps3 besides GOW3...there aren't any really good games out for it
That's just being ignorant.

Top Bottom