• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Crystal Caves

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Chapter 14 (Part one)

Nero lay on his back, in bed, wide awake. He didn't dare move, for fear of waking Kryie, who was cuddled up againest him; her head on his chest.
She opened her eyes a few moments later.
"Good morning, sleepyhead." said Nero, kissing her forehead.
"Morning," she said. "What time is it?"
"10:30." said Nero. "Don't worry it's still morning."
"Hmmm?"
"I thought I was going to go crazy staying with Dante, 'cause he sleeps til noon sometimes 1:30pm"
"Wow, really?"
"Yeah but what really bugged me was how loud they were in the bedroom."
"How old were they?"
"Really loud, honey. I couldn't sleep."
"Wow, but wait... isn't Trish pregnant?"
"Yeah. Apparently her doctor said it was okay for her to have sex while she was pregnant."
"Oh."
"I didn't like staying there. Please don't break up with me again."
"I won't. I love you, Nero."
"Will you marry me, Kryie?"
"Seriously?"
"Seriously what?"
"Are you seriously asking me to marry you?"
"Yeah. I guess I am. Are you saying yes? Wait a minute...get up. I want to do this right."
Kryie looked bewilered as she climbed out of bed. Nero reached into the drawer on his nightstand, and pulled out a small black velvet box. He crawled out of bed, and knelt down on one knee in front of Kryie. He held the box out in front of her He opened it to reveal a ring with a white gold band, sporting a single princess cut diamond. Kryie gasped.
"Kryie, will you marry me?"
"Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!" Kryie cried.
"Oh my goodness is not an answer," said Nero, standing up.
"Of course I will."
"You'll marry me?"
"Yes!" Cried Kryie, leaping into his arms.
"I can't hold it in!" Setesh screamed. "I'm gonna loose it! I mean it, I'm gonna blow up! Cover her ears or something! ANYTHING!"
Kitanna looked a little bewilered, perhaps she was still trying to work out in her head who Setesh was, but she covered her daughters ears. And then true to her word Setesh lost it.
"F****!!!!" she screamed, dropping to his knees and grabbing two fist full of red curls. "WHY?!"
Tears of sadness as well as anger rolled down Setesh's pale freckled cheeks.
"What's going to happen to me, now?"
"Are you done swearing Setesh?" asked Vergil.
"Yeah," Setesh sobbed. Kitanna uncovered Persephone's ears. Persephone looked at Setesh and noticed that she was crying. The little girl went over to the young woman.
"Why are you crying, Setesh?" the little girl asked.
"I'M WORTHLESS! I PROBABLY NEVER MEANT ANYTHING, ANYWAY!" Setesh wailed, the tears now falling down her cheeks faster.
"You're not worthless, Setesh..." said Persephone, tyring to comfort the red head.
Kitanna walked over and knelt, she so was on even level with the red head.
"I understand this must be akward for you," Kitanna said.
"AKWARD!?" Setesh cried. "YEAH, THIS IS SURE AS HELL AKWARD!"
"Persephone, honey why don't you go upstairs and let the grown ups talk...okay?" Kitanna suggested.
"Okay," said Persephone. "Daddy are you..."
"Now's not a good time for questions, baby..." said Vergil. "Do as your mother says and go upstairs."
Persephone nodded and skipped upstairs.
"So you're just going to come in here after being gone praticaly her whole life and just start being her mon?!" Setesh asked.
"You have no authority over my child! You are not her mother," said Kitanna.
"Oh really? Well I wasn't saying that I did have any authority over her. But I have been the closest thing she's had to a mother during the past four years."
"I am her mother!"
"So you call being MIA her entire life being her mom?!"
"What exactly are you saying?!"
"I'm saying..."
"Ladies..." Vergil interjected. "Please stop this."
The two women glared at each other but ceased yelling.
"Now, what is this really about, Setesh?"
"I mean nothing to you now, Vergil!" Setesh sobbed. "You're gonna break up with me!"
"Did I say that?"
"You don't have to!" Setesh bawled. "Why keep me around? You don't love me, Vergil!"
"You think I'm kicking you out?" Vergil asked.
"Breaking up with me and kicking me out!"
"Oh, I get it now." Said Kitanna, figuring out why Setesh was upset.
"What do you get, now?" Vergil asked Kitanna.
"She's your girlfriend, isn't she?"
"Well yes, she is. Setesh has been my girlfriend on and off for the past four years."
"Setesh..." Vergil started.
"Yeah it's okay Vergil, I get it...we're through and you're kicking me out..."
"I'm breaking up with you. But I didn't say I was kicking you out."
"Well, you don't have to, Vergil. I'm kicking myself out, because this akward enough even without me here. I'll go to the underworld and bawl to Narcisse or something. I'll go and pack my stuff now, and then I'll get out of your hair."
"Alright, do what you think you have to."
"Do you mind if I say goodbye to Persephone?"
"I don't mind," said Vergil.
"What about you?" Setesh asked Kitanna. "Any objections?"
"No, none at all." Said Kitanna.
Setesh said nothing else. She headed upstairs. She packed her clothes, magazines, essentials and of course her weapons. She put all of her stuff at the top of the stairs, before going to Persephone's bedroom door and knocking on it.
"Come in," the little girl said.
"Hi sweetie, I just wanted to say goodbye." Setesh said, tears falling down her cheeks all over again.
"Goodbye? You're leaving Setesh? Will I see you again?"
"Yeah, I am leaving. And I don't know if we'll see each other again. Your Daddy and I aren't together anymore."
"Oh...was that why you were crying before because you knew my daddy was going to break up with you because my mommy is back?"
"Yes."
"Daddy's broken up with you before...you didn't cry then, Setesh. You got angry with Daddy and you said some bad words."
"Sephy, things are different now."
"How?"
"For one thing I am madly in love with your Daddy, but he doesn't love me back. I wanted my fairy tale, honey. But it looks like I'm going to get it."
Persephone went over to her bed. She retrived her stuffed unicorn from on top of her bed. She crawled back over to Setesh.
"Setesh, this is Rainbow." She said, introducing her unicorn. "Rainbow is a magical wishing granting unicorn. If you have a wish, and you tell the wish to Rainbow, she'll make it come true. You have to hug her and say 'Rainbow, I wish'..."
Persephone handed Setesh, Rainbow. Setesh smiled, hugged the stuffed mythical beast and said, "Rainbow, I wish that I will get my fairy tale soon."
Setesh handed Rainbow back to Persephone.
"I have to go now, sweetie." said Setesh. "I do hope we see each other again."
"I do too, Setesh. Bye, bye."
*Meanwhile downstairs*
"Why did you leave, Kitanna?" Vergil asked.
"My mother thinks it would be unwise to unite the demon power house families. So she objects to me marrying you. But she can so get over herself."
"She has a point. If we got married it would unite the power familes."
"I don't give a sh*t about that though. I love you. You still love me right, Vergil?"
"I never stopped loving you, Kitanna."
"So you don't love, Setesh?"
"I'm not in love with her, no."
"But she's in love with you?"
"Yeah...I..."
But their converstation was cut short at that moment because that was when Setesh came downstairs carrying all her stuff. She sighed but said nothing and left.
Setesh dropped off her stuff at her apartment, and then got in her car. She drove to Fortuna. The hell gate underneath the city of Fortuna, was the eaisest way of getting to the place in the underworld Setesh was going to see her friend, Narcisse.
Narcisse was Mundus' daughter and she was a full blood demon. Mundus and his creation/minion, Alexander kept Narcisse locked in her room most of the time.
Narcisse had also raised Nero, til he was seven. When he was seven he anounced to Narcisse that she was not his mother, and ran away to Fortuna, where Credo and Kryie's parents took him in.
Setesh banged on Narcisse's door.
"Narcisse!!" she yelled.
"Hmm?" Narcisse answered.
"Narcisse, it's Setesh."
"I'm locked in, honey."
"Okay. Stand back, Sweetie...I'm shoot at the door."
"Alright. Go Ahead, honey."
Setesh drew Castille from its holster and shot three holes, one to unlock each of the three locks on Narcisse's door.
"Try it now, honey." said Setesh, putting Castille back in it's holster.
Narcisse opened the door.
"You look like you need a hug, honey bear." Narcisse said.
"Thanks, Sweetie. I needed that."
"Come on in, honey." Narcisse said, hushering Setesh inside her room. Setesh stepped inside the room, closing the door behind her.
"So what's up, Sweetie? You look like you've been crying."
"I have been crying." They both sat down on the bed.
"What happened, honey bear? Did you and Vergil break up again?"
"Yeah. Probably for good this time. Kitanna's back."
"Who's she, again?"
"Persephone's mom."
"Oh."
"I feel like sh*t, Narcisse. I know I usually feel well... indifferent, when Vergil and I break up...but..."
"But you're devestated this time, right?"
"Yeah. I fell in love with him, Narcisse. I'm madly in love with him."
"Oh..honey...I'm so sorry...You know what?'
"What?"
"Honey bear, get up we're going to the human world. You know a good bar?"
"Yeah, there's Bullseye. But do you really want to run into Dante?"
"Dante is Vergil's twin brother, right?"
"Yeah."
"Will Vergil be there?"
'Probably not tonight...but sometimes he is there."
"Well let's hope he's not there tonight because if I see him I will bitch him the f*** out."
"That'll be the least of his worries."
"Then I'll beat the sh*t out of him. I'm ten times more powerful then him."
'I know, Sweetie."
"So, let's go." said Narcisse, grabbing her purse and opening the door.
"Why are we going to a bar?"
"My famous break-up cure all... lots and lots of margaritas."
"I'm game."

AN: Part two will be up around 10:30/11pm...

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Chapter 14 (Part 2)

The two women walked into the bar.
"All the action's next door tonight," said the bartender. "My father's attempting to get more bussiness, so he's going to karaoke next door tonight. He told me to send everyone next door."
"Hi Ginette, "said Setesh. "so this is another one of his hair brained schemes...What does Dante think of this one?"
As she was talking Setesh was praying that Ginette would not mention Vergil. Ginette was Enzo's daughter. She was seventeen years old, although she would be eighteen in a week. She often helped her father out whenever she could, be it bartending, or answering the phone with referals for devil hunters.
"Whose bartending over there, tonight?" Setesh asked.
"My father," Ginette answered. "I'll be over in a little bit though."
Setesh and Narcisse went over to the strip club next door. Dante was sitting at the bar; Trish was sitting on his lap. They were both chatting with Enzo, who was behind the bar. Setesh and Narcisse sat down next to the couple.
"What can I get you, Ladies?" Enzo asked
"Two margaritas," said Narcisse.
Trish looked at Setesh, and saw her tear stained face. "What happened?" she asked, also because she knew Narcisse's cure-all.
"I got dumped, again." said Setesh.
"How many times has he dumped you now, Setesh?" Dante asked. "It must be a record now."
"Well geez, Dante I felt lousy but you just made my feel worse."
"Sorr-rrry," said Dante. "what was Vergil's excuse this time?"
"He didn't need to vocalize one. Kitanna showed up."
"Oh hell!! In the words of Nero, quote- We're DOOMED!- end quote."
"Why are we doomed, Dante?" asked Ginette, joining her father behind the bar. Ginette had known Dante, pratically her whole life; he was like an uncle to her.
"Well we're not doomed immediaetly," said Dante. "When Vergil and Kitanna get married then were doomed with a captial D."
"Why?" asked Ginette.
"Can I assume you know about Sparda?" Trish asked.
Ginette nodded.
"Do you know about the other demon power families?" Trish asked.
Ginette shook her head.
"The demon power familes are the four most powerful demons in the underworld and their descendants," said Dante.
"Who are the four most powerful demons in the underworld?" Ginette asked.
"Mundus, Haller, Amamalia and Sparda," said Trish. "And every so often the three that are still alive compete for power. So we're doomed when Vergil and Kitanna get married, because their marriage will unite three of the power familes. Sparda, and Amamalia and because Amamalia is Mundus' sister, Mundus."
"What will happen when the 3 families are united?" Ginette asked, giving Setesh and Narcisse their second margaritas.
"Well there's this demon that Mundus created shortly before creating me," said Trish. "His name is Alexander. He will resurect Mundus..."
"And then we're f*cked, right?" Ginette asked.
"Yeah then we're f*cked," said Setesh. "three power families united + Mundus resurrected = one huge epic battle."
"How huge are we talking here?" Ginette asked.
"Like motherf*cking huge," said Setesh.
"If I were you Gina," said Dante. "I'd learn to fight. We may need your help."
"Yeah we are gonna need all the we can get," said Trish. "Because once Alexander ressurects Mundus...Mundus will resurect all of his minions. Hey Narcisse, whose side are you on?"
"Yours." said Narcisse. "I am sick and tired of my father being so goddamned protective of me."
"So who's on our side?" asked Ginette. "So Narcisse, Dante and you, Trish. Who else?"
"Setesh, Megara..." said Trish.
"Lady, Kitanna, Vergil, most likely Nero..." Said Dante.
"And we may have Persephone..." said Trish.
"Trish, Persephone is four going on five...how can she help?" asked Setesh.
"Setesh, Persephone maybe a kid but she owned Nero."
"She owned Nero?" Narcisse repeated.
"Yeah, she beat the crap out of him to get Yamato from him." said Dante.
"And why did Nero have Yamato?" asked Ginette.
"I told him he could keep it," said Dante.
"How is Nero, even able to wield Yamato?" Setesh asked. "I can't even wield it."
"You wouldn't be able to wield Rebellion either, Setesh." Said Dante. "Our sword can only be wielded by us or Meg...or rather that's what we oringinally thought. 'Cause as it turns out Nero can wield Yamato, which means that he could probably wield Rebellion as well, not that I'd let him, and he would probably be able to wield Meg's sword, Echo, as well."
"Why can he wield your swords?" Ginette asked.
"Yamato, Rebellion and Echo can only be wielded by someone who has the blood of Sparda," Said Narcisse. "Nero's right arm contains the blood of Sparda. It was an expirement the order of the sword did on him. They wanted to see if they could take the blood of Sparda, and concentrate it into a single human extrimity. They thought they had failed because at first his hair turned from white-blonde to white, and nothing happened to his arm, but as it turned out they succeeded; his arm changed later over time."
"How did they get the blood of Sparda?" asked Ginette. "And how did they put it into his arm?"
"Vergil," said Narcisse. "And they injected it into his arm."
"How the hell did they get Vergil's blood?" asked Ginette.
"No ****ing clue," said Dante.
"We know," said Narcisse and Setesh together.
"How?" Ginette asked, again.
"After Dante defeated Vergil, while he was Nelo Angelo, my father gave up control of him...perhaps my Daddy thought he was dead, I don't know." Said Narcisse.
"Vergil then ended up in Fortuna after that," said Setesh. "He told me that he was very depressed then. He met Kitanna while he was there. She got him out of his depression and he fell very deeply in love with her. So he started living with her, in Fortuna. After a while Santus and Agnus figured out who Vergil was. Santus ordered Credo to fight Vergil simply for the purpose of spilling his blood and or knocking Vergil unconious so they could obtain a vile of Vergil's blood, which they apparently did, and then they injected Vergil's blood into Nero's right arm."
"That's a lengthy explaination," said Dante.
"Thank you captain obivous," said Trish, reaching back to smack her husband upside the head.
"You're welcome, Babe." Said Dante.
"You have lost your speaking privelges, Dante." Trish said.
"What? Why? Babe?"
"You lost your speaking privelges. And why? Because I said so."
Setesh laughed. She began sreaching through her purse.
"What are you looking for, honey bear?" asked Narcisse.
"My cigarettes." said Setesh. "But dammit!"
"But dammit, what?" asked Trish.
"I was trying to quit so I don't have any," said Setesh.
"I'll go get you some later, honey bear." said Narcisse.
"Thanks, Sweetie." Setesh smiled.
"HEY CHIBI G!" called a young woman from across the club.
"WHAT, ADALIRA?!" Ginette called back. "GET YOUR LITTLE FLAT ASS OVER HERE!!"
Adalira walked over, another young woman was with her. She had shoulder length blonde hair that was streaked with red and brown eyes.
"Your father around?" Adalira asked.
"Yeah, somewhere." said Ginette. "HEY DAD!"
"Yeah, Gigi?! What's up, baby girl?" Enzo called from the across the room by the door. He had just come in from Bullseye.
"Adalira wants to talk to you!"
"alright," said Enzo. He walked over. "What? No, hey get yo' fat ass over here, tubby?" Enzo added to Dante.
"I don't always have to say that, do I?" Dante asked.
"No, you don't." Said Enzo.
"He turned to Adalira.
"What's up, Addy?"
"Enzo, this is Harley. She wants to audition."
"Did you tell her my policy?"
"Yes."
"But the thing is I'm a tad shy," said Harley. "I get nervous when I dance for just one or two people."
"No need to be nervous, babe." said Dante. "I won't bite."
"I take it you're Dante," said Harley.
"Yeah."
"I'm Harley. Who's the blonde woman in your lap?"
Dante looked at Trish; she was asleep, her head on his chest.
"My wife," said Dante.

Setesh and Narcisse headed back to the underworld after they had both had six margaritas. Narcisse stopped at a liquor store and bought three bottles of watermelon Pucker, and a few packs of cigarettes.

*Back in the underworld*
~Narcisse's Bedroom~
"Hey! What they hell do we need men for?" Setesh asked, drunkinly. "What's so great about Vergil? Why the hell did I fall in love with him?"
"He's sexy, right?" Narcisse hiccupped.
"Oh yeah...oh hell yeah, of course he's sexy! He's f*ckin' sexy as hell!" Setesh cried. "Ya' know what? I am so done with him. I am not going to call him tomorrow and beg him to take me back, because I'm madly in love with him. Wanna take a walk?"
"Sure, honey bear?"
The two young women walked around the castle, in silence; until one of the heels of Setesh's boots got caught on the edge of the carpet at the top of a set of stairs. Setesh fell on her butt and then down the stairs.
"OWIE!!!" Setesh yelled from the bottom.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Chapter 15 (part 1)
*How Vergil and Setesh met*
Flashback
Setesh looked through the corner of her eye, at the young man sitting at the far end of the bar. He didn’t look much older than her; and she was eighteen.
“Hey you!” she called to the young man. “How old are you?”
“Eighteen.” He said.
“Same age as me,” she said. “What are you doing here? You can’t legally drink. If I give you alcohol I get in trouble.”
“I know that. I’m just here, ‘cause I am trying to get away from my brother and his girlfriend and their crazy friend.”
“How old is your brother?”
“Same age as me, eighteen. We’re twins.”
“Identical or fraternal?”
“Identical.”
“Oh.”
Setesh noticed the young man was holding a book.
“What are you reading?” she asked.
“Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.” He said.
“Oh, never read it.”
“What was the last book you read?”
“Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, I think.”
“Oh.”
“My name’s Setesh, by the way.”
“Oh, I’m Vergil.”
“Well, it’s nice to meet you.”
“You too.”
“What’s your favorite movie?”
“I am not really a huge movie person. My brother is though. He once said to me quote, why would I bother to read the book when I can see the movie and be way more entertained, end quote”
“Oh.”
“What’s your favorite movie?”
“The Rocky Horror Picture Show”
“Good movie. How many times have you seen it?”
“At least twenty.”
“And you know all the words to every song I bet.”
“Yup. I can sing all of them.’”
“I bet you can, and so can my brother’s girlfriend.”
“Really?”
“Yeah. Please don’t sing any of them.”
“I wasn’t going to.”
“How many times have you seen it?”
“Once. I got dragged to the production thing...with my friend Shara, by my brother and his girlfriend.”
“When did you go?”
“Last Friday night.”
“I think I saw you there. You were the one not paying attention reading a book.”
“You were there?”
“Yeah. I’m there every Friday night. I’m one of the ones acting it out. I play Janet.”
“Oh right, I thought you looked familiar.”
Setesh smiled. Her green eyes traveled over to the door. A young woman with shoulder length light brown hair walked in. She sat down on the stool next to Vergil.
“Trying to get away from Dante?” she asked.
“Yes,” said Vergil. “He’s with Callie and Neil at home watching campy horror movies.”
“Neil Andrews?”
“Yeah.”
“I can’t stand that asshole.”
“Neither can I, Shara. But for some reason that dewb is my brother’s best friend.”
“Dante has odd taste in friends.”
“He sure does.”
“And you mean Callie Parker?”
“Yeah, do we know any other girls named Callie?”
“No, just checking. Are they dating?”
“Dante and Callie?”
“Yeah, are they dating?”
“What constitutes dating?”
“Seriously? You know what dating is Vergil? Dating is what we’re not doing.”
“You guys aren’t dating?” Setesh asked.
Vergil and Shara both shook their heads.
“No, we aren’t dating.” said Shara.
“So does that mean you’re single, Vergil?” Setesh asked.
“No I have a girlfriend that I am trying to get rid of.”
“May I ask why you are trying to get rid of her?”
“She’s annoying, clingy and she has way too much energy.”
“What is she a cheerleader?”
“Yes she is.”
“Seriously?”
“Yes.”
“You don’t seem the type to date a cheerleader, Vergil.”
End flashback

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Chapter 15 (Part 2)
Vergil had been sleeping on the couch, until Kitanna woke him up by poking him.
“What time is it?” he asked.
“It’s 4pm, honey.”
“Oh.”
It wasn’t as if Vergil had been sleeping all day. He had woken up at seven that morning. Persephone woke up at eight. The two had a conversation about what might happen now that Kitanna was back in their lives, while Persephone ate her cereal. Kitanna woke up at ten. After two cups of coffee she took Persephone out shopping. Vergil guessed that they had just gotten back. At that very second, Persephone decided to crawl into her father’s lap.
“Hi Daddy,” she said.
“Hi honey, did you have a good time shopping with Mommy?”
“Yeah! Mommy bought me a new Barbie!”
“Another Barbie?”
“She’s pretty. Do you want to see her, Daddy?”
“Alright, if you want to show me.”
Persephone ran over to one of the shopping bags she and Kitanna had brought home, and fished out a rectangular box. She then brought the box over and held it out to her father.
“Isn’t she pretty, Daddy?”
“Yes, honey she is very pretty. Now go put her away in your room okay?”
“Okay Daddy.”
Persephone skipped off to her room with her new Barbie.
“I’m surprised it isn’t Barbie as Cinderella.” Vergil remarked half to Kitanna and half to himself.
“Hmm? What was that, honey?” Kitanna asked joining him on the couch.
“I was thinking out loud to myself,” said Vergil. “I tend to do that every now and then, perhaps it’s a sign that I’m losing my mind.”
“You’re not losing your mind, Baby.”
“Either you’re right, or I’ve already lost my mind.”
“Why would have already lost your mind?”
“Why do you think I may have already lost my mind?”
“I really don’t know, honey.”
“Well, let’s explore this, shall we Kitanna?” Vergil asked putting down his book.
“Alright then,” she said.
“So let’s see, I thought it would have been obvious that I was deeply in love with you before Persephone was born, so it should be common sense that I spiraled right back into the depressed state that I had been in when we met after you left; at the same time as I was battling depression I was struggling to raise a little girl on my own and to be a good father to her, while I had become an alcoholic. Not to mention that I was struggling to deal with the fact that I had become an alcoholic.”
“You’re telling me that you’re an alcoholic?”
“Yes. A functional one, but yes I am an alcoholic.”
“Oh ****…”
“And the answer to your question is no. Nobody ever questioned my ability as a father because no one ever really knew. The only people who knew were Setesh, and Shara.”
“Shara? Who’s Shara?”
“Shara was a friend of mine in high school and she’s still a good friend of mine.”
“So your ex girlfriend and your high school girlfriend knew…not your sister, your brother or your aunt?”
“Shara wasn’t my high school girlfriend. She was never my girlfriend period. We were always just good friends. And my aunt, my sister and my brother had no idea, what you turned me into.”
“Excuse me? What I turned you into?”
“Yes, a struggling single father who was a reclusive clinically depressed functional alcoholic.”
“Oh **** I feel really horrible now. Why did I listen to my mother? Oh god, it really is my fault that you became an alcoholic, isn’t it?”
Vergil said nothing he just went back to his book.
“Vergil, you’re not supposed to say nothing. You’re supposed to say, no Kitanna it wasn’t your fault I became an alcoholic.”
“I am not going to lie to you.”
“You’re not gonna lie to me?”
“Yes that’s what I said.”
“So it was my fault?”
“Yes, frankly it was.”
“Why was it my fault?”
“You left me, Kitanna. I was never going to leave you. I was so very deeply in love with you. I am not the kind of person that deals with extreme depression in a rational way.”
“It’s not my fault that you don’t deal with depression in a rational way!”
“Maybe not but it was your fault that I was so depressed.”
“Oh right that was my fault; ‘cause you were so very deeply in love with me!?”
“Kitanna, I was and I am still am very deeply in love with you but when you left…I didn’t know what to do. I was so depressed. I missed you so much that I couldn’t even look Persephone in the eye for a long long time.”
“Why couldn’t you look at her?”
“Because she has your eyes, so every time I looked at her I could not stop thinking of you."
“Well, there is no way I’m letting you drink all the time, that’s all I’m saying.”
“I’m actually not drinking any more. I’ve been sober for 2 months now.”
“Good. And you’re going to stay sober right?”
“Yes, why wouldn’t I?”
“If you really are an alcoholic then there are plenty of reasons why you might not stay sober.”
“You might remember that I am not like most people, Kitanna.”
“Well yeah, I do remember that.”

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Chapter 15 (Part 3)
“Then what else is there to talk about? I am going to stay sober, you can be sure of that.”
“Well, if we are going to make this work you need to tell me some things, Vergil.”
“Tell you things like what?”
“Like things about how you’ve been raising our daughter for the last four years...”
“What do you want to know?”
“Her allergies, her fears, what she will eat, what she won’t eat etc.”
“She is allergic to bee stings. She has one hour. She’s afraid of clowns, the monsters that she sees in her nightmares, and snakes. As for what she’ll eat and what she won’t eat…she’s a pretty picky eater. You’ve probably noticed the pediasure in the fridge. Plus she’s a vegetarian.”
“Yeah I did notice the pediasure. And why is she a vegetarian?”
“Because I am, it was just easier that way.”
“Oh.”
“Also I’m also pretty strict about what she is allowed to eat; for instance I don’t allow her to eat a lot of sweets, or drink a lot of sugary soft drinks.”
“So what are you going to do with her Halloween candy?”
“Deal it out to her piece by piece.”
“So give her one or two pieces every day?”
“Not two, one.”
“I suppose candy rots your teeth?”
“Yes it does.”
“Vergil, she’s four almost five she’s gonna lose those teeth anyway.”
“You have a point. But it’s better for her to learn good habits now, then later in life. And if I find out that you sneak her candy, I will be very angry.”
“Excuse me, what? You’ll be angry if you find out that I sneak her candy?”
“We have to be consistent with her, Kitanna. It won’t do for her to get the idea in her head that if Daddy says no then it’s okay to ask Mommy because Mommy will say yes. And she will do that. She will test you. She tested Setesh all the time. She tests every grown up she knows that has some sort of authority over her.”
“So she tests Dante and Trish?”
“Yes, especially Trish.”
“So what are you saying?”
“I am saying that we need be consistent with her.”
“I think I can deal with that.”
“So there will be no you saying yes if I say no?”
“Well if what you said no to is unreasonable I might say yes.”
“Don’t undermine me, Kitanna.”
“What are you insinuating?”
“I am not insinuating anything. I said don’t undermine me.”
“Yeah ok, don’t undermine you? I didn’t undermine you.”
“You were insinuating that you may undermine me in the future.”
“That’s why I said you need to let me in! So that I don’t undermine you!”
"How do I know I can trust you enough TO let you in?”
“You can trust me. I only left because I was stupid enough to listen to my mother and not my heart.”
“So listening to your heart now, is that it?”
“Yes. And my heart is telling me, that I need to be here with you and our daughter.”
“That doesn’t explain why I can trust you, Kitanna.”
“Have you ever gotten the irresponsible vibe from me?”
“No. But I am not worried about you being irresponsible.”
“What are you worried about?”
"Look, I have been her father her entire life, YOU only just got here Kitanna. You have only been her mother for exactly a week. Now, you either support me in my decisions of OUR daughter, or leave again. Make your choice."
Before Kitanna could speak, Vergil added.
“Actually I am quite upset right now. I’m going to go out and clear my head. When I come back we can talk about whether you’re going to stay or leave again.”
And again before Kitanna could speak, Vergil left the house.

(credit to GGC, helping out with the end of this chapter)

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Chapter 16:
“Vergil, did you stop to think that Kitanna may have Persephone’s best wishes at heart?” Shara asked. The two were in a coffee shop. Shara was one of Vergil’s closest friends. They had known each other since they were ten years old. Shara’s father owned an art gallery in Soho. Shara and Vergil met at her father’s gallery during a show.
“I’m sure she does,” said Vergil. “It’s just that I…”
“It’s just that you’ve been a single father for so long that it’s hard to let her in?”
“Yes.”
“Vergil, you’re going to have to listen to Kitanna and maybe try some things her way. Relationships take work. Believe I would know.”
‘Yes, Shara would know.’ Vergil thought. She had been married and divorced twice.
“Loving each other is only half the battle,” Shara continued. “The other half of the battle is communication, compromising, and listening.”
“Why should I listen to her, when I am the one that knows what is best for Persephone?”
“Oh so I see, so you’re going to play that card?”
“Yes.”
“Vergil, you’re being so stubborn. Look, if you weren’t prepared for a relationship then why did you let Kitanna back into your life the way you did?”
“I guess because Persephone needs a mother and who better than her biological one? If Kitanna hadn’t shown up when she did I may have made other arrangements.”
“Other arrangements? Like what?”
“I was considering asking Setesh to marry me.”
“Do you think Setesh would have said yes?”
“Yes, frankly I do. She said she’d fallen in love with me.”
“She said that was recent event?”
“Yes.”
“I’ll call bull**** on that. That girl was smitten with you the first day she met you.”
“Yeah.”
“Well anyway you didn’t fully answer my question, Vergil. If you weren’t prepared for relationship why did you let Kitanna back into your life the way that you did? Because Persephone needed a mother and it mine as well be her biological one, and…”
“I still love Kitanna.”
“Ah, I see.”
“Shara, you sound like a therapist.”
“I am a therapist. So that’s probably why I sound like one.”
“Do you feel like there’s something between us?” Dante asked. He was lying in bed with his wife. Trish looked at him funny.
“What’s between us is our child.”
“I know. I was joking.”
“How many times have I told to stop being a dumb****?”
“Dunno, babe wasn’t counting.”
“Do you want me to turn around?”
“Yeah, if you don’t mind. It’ll be a bit more comfortable.”
Trish nodded and turned around so that her back was to Dante. He pulled her closer and put his arms around her.
“You don’t cuddle, my ass.”
“What?”
“Dante, what we’re doing right now is cuddling.”
“Oh really?”
“Yeah. How are we going to do this?”
“Do what?”
“Raise a child.”
“We’ll manage. I mean if my bro can do it, how hard can it be?”
“Yeah? Look Dante I hope you’re right because we don’t have anymore time to talk about this. I’m in labor.”
“hahaha, that’s funny babe. You’re not due for another two weeks.”
“I’m not joking.”
“Oh ****, you’re not?”
“No I’m not.”
“Oh damn. What do you want me to do babe?”
“Can you rub the base of my back?”
“Sure babe. So were not headed to the hospital yet?”
“not yet no. In a little while. Once my contractions are closer together and most likely more painful, we’ll head to the hospital.”
“alright, babe.”
“I’m not going to leave again,” Kitanna announced when Vergil walked through the door. Vergil gave her a look, that made the temperature in the room drop significantly.
“I love you, and I’m staying.” She said
Vergil went over to the couch and picked up his book. He sat down on the couch.
“Look, Kitanna.” He said. “why don’t we pretend our little fight never happened?”
“Sounds good to me.” She said, sitting next to him on the couch. “I love you.”
“Come here,” Vergil said, pulling Kitanna closer. Just as they were about to kiss, the phone rang. Kitanna answered it.
“Hello?”
“Kitanna?”
“Trishy Trish!!!”
Hey Kitanna. Can you come over and drive us to the hospital?”
“The hospital?”
Yeah, I’m in labor.”
Oh okay, I’ll be right there, hon.”
Oh thank you. See you in a few.”
“See ya in few.”
Kitanna hung up.
“I gotta drive, Trish and Dante to the hospital. Trish is in labor.”
‘oh lord help us.’ Vergil thought. But he just nodded.
“I’ll be back,” she said. She took her keys and left.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEutv8hKtbU

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
WTF happened to setesh....lol.....u got me anxious...it's like reading a really really really good book and only seeing the next chapter every week/ two weeks.....grr...u drive me crazy Trish....lol

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Chapter 17:
“Daddy?”
“Yes, baby?”
“Daddy, where’s Mommy?”
“She’ll be back, Sephy.”
“Where is she?”
“She went to drive Auntie Trish and Uncle Dante to the hospital. Your little cousin is going to be born soon.”
“REALLY?!”
“Yes. Mommy will probably call from the hospital.”
“Daddy, can I stay with you till Mommy calls?”
Vergil nodded, and Persephone crawled into his lap.
“Daddy did you and Mommy have a fight earlier?”
“Yes we did, baby. But we decided to pretend it never happened.’
“Daddy, do you love Mommy?”
“Yes, Persephone I love Mommy very very much.”
“Are you and Mommy gonna get married?”
“Yes, I imagine we will soon.”

“Can I get some drugs now?!” Trish yelled at the doctor.
“I’ll go get the anesthesiologist,” said one of the two nurses in the room. She left.
“Good,” said Trish. “I am in so much pain right now, you wouldn’t believe it. And I swear it first person to say come on honey push push, you can do it! I swear I will shoot them!”
The nurse still in the room looked suddenly scared.
“Don’t look so scared, babe.” Dante said to the nurse. “I made sure her guns were still at home before we left.”
“You bastard!” Trish cried out, shooting her coldest death glare at her husband.
“You won’t need ‘em, babe.” Dante said. “You know I always have mine.”
“Look seriously Dante, it may be a good idea to disregard anything I say to you that is remotely bitching because I don’t mean any of it. I am just in a whole hell of a lot of pain right now,” Trish said truthfully.
“At least she hasn’t screamed that you are not ever allowed to touch her again,” said Kitanna, who was sitting on the opposite end of the room from Dante.
“Did you scream that at Vergil, when you had Persephone?” Trish asked.
“Yeah, I did. And he didn’t take it seriously.”
“Yeah, I bet he knew you didn’t mean it.” Said Dante. “He was with Shara when she had her first two kids.”
“Were they twins?” Kitanna asked, “her first two?”
“No. She had one when we sixteen, and another when we were seventeen.”
“And Vergil isn’t the father of either one of them, is he?”
“No, they actually have two different fathers.”
“How many kids does Shara have now?” Trish asked.
“Four, I think.” Said Dante. “um, I think her first one was by her boyfriend at the time, her second by a different boyfriend, and then her two youngest are by her first husband.”
“First husband?” asked Kitanna.
“Yeah. Shara has been married and divorced twice.”
“And who is Shara?”
“You mean what is she to my bro?”
“Yeah.”
“Shara is one of Vergil’s closest friend, if not his closest friend. They never dated, but they did sleep together occasionally yet none of Shara’s kids are Vergil’s.”
“Oh.”
The nurse came back in with the anesthesiologist, before anybody could say anything else.
“I’m doctor Fuller.” He said.
“Trish.” Trish said, her voice muffled due to the pain.
“Trish, is that short for something?”
“No, it’s just Trish.”
“alright then…” he said. Doctor Fuller then turned to the nurse that had remained in the room. “dilation?”
“4 cm.” said the nurse. Doctor Fuller nodded, and then administered the epidural.
Persephone had fallen asleep in her father’s lap, with her purple bunny in her arms and her thumb in her mouth.
Vergil was about to carry Persephone up to her room, when the phone rang. He picked up the cordless phone and answered it.
“Hello...”
“Vergil its me.”
“Kitanna… you on your way home?”
“Yeah…soon, baby was born a few minutes ago. A baby girl…5 and half pounds, 4 ounces.”
“She’s smaller than Persephone was when she was born.”
“Yeah. Persephone was six pounds, 4 ounces. Persephone was on time. This lovely little girl was a week early.”
“So I am guessing there was drama?”
oh hell yeah…Trish screamed at Dante, swearing at him, screaming that he did this to her and that he was never going to touch her again. Just like I did to you.”
“I knew you weren’t serious. I knew that was the pain talking.”
“You bet it was the pain talking ‘cause there was a whole hell of a lot of it. Well I gotta go. I’ll be home soon.”
“Alright, see you soon then.”
“Bye.”
“Bye.”
Vergil hung up. He then carried his sleeping daughter upstairs to her bedroom. He tucked in and kissed her goodnight. Just as he was about to leave the room, she opened her eyes.
“Daddy, did Mommy call?” she asked.
“Yes. She did, baby.”
“Was the baby born yet?”
“Yes, she was born just a few minutes ago.”
“What did Auntie Trish and Uncle Dante name her?”
“I don’t know, honey. Mommy didn’t say.”
“What time is it Daddy?”
“12:32 am.” Vergil said looking at his watch.
“So it’s now officially my birthday?”
“Yes it is.”
“So me and my new cousin share a birthday?”
“Yes, it appears that way.”
“That’s cool.”
“You go to sleep now, baby. You have a big day tomorrow.”
“Goodnight Daddy.”
“Goodnight Persephone,” Vergil said kissing the top of her head.
“I love you Daddy.”
“I love you too, Baby.”
“What are you going to name her?” asked one of the nurses.
“Anissa,” said Trish, holding her newborn baby girl in her arms.
“Middle name?” asked the nurse.
“Elizabeth,” Trish said. “Anissa Elizabeth Sparda.”

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Awww. Nice one Trish67.
I love the name Anissa. Maternity would have been very messy if Trish had her guns with her than ;)

Top Bottom