• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Steam: Costume Pack DLC?

EllDawn

i've found some cool and cute stuff but awehrugh some of the stuff :ermm:
I know that when you search for the original Dante and Vergil, you get a few too many yaoi images, which I have no interest in. Some of the things online are just disturbing.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I know that when you search for the original Dante and Vergil, you get a few too many yaoi images, which I have no interest in. Some of the things online are just disturbing.
makes you wonder what goes through their heads when their drawing it... on second thought i dont wanna know

EllDawn

ugh its always horrible im just scrolling through some awesome pics when all of a sudden BAM there it is
And it's hard to just ignore it because they're either right next to a picture you actually want to see, or right in the middle of the screen. I've missed some good pictures that way.

berto

I Saw the Devil
And it's hard to just ignore it because they're either right next to a picture you actually want to see, or right in the middle of the screen. I've missed some good pictures that way.
And that is why I still go there, because of the rest. The gross stuff is the downside but if you look passed that there is some cool stuff to be found.

TyIquan_DmC

Every time someone decides to call Dante a skinny drug addict, I'm posting that pic. Screw their feelings and forum's TOS!

berto

I Saw the Devil
Every time someone decides to call Dante a skinny drug addict, I'm posting that pic. Screw their feelings and forum's TOS!
The original redesign was a skinny brat that looked like would double in size by eating a french fry.

EllDawn

And that is why I still go there, because of the rest. The gross stuff is the downside but if you look passed that there is some cool stuff to be found.
True. I've still found some pretty good pictures, though I've found some of the best ones here thanks to people posting them.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The drug addict angle was always really stupid. He was thin because he was abused, and being slim isn't a bad thing. His wounds were also just that, wounds from fighting :/

Nekodark

The drug addict angle was always really stupid. He was thin because he was abused, and being slim isn't a bad thing. His wounds were also just that, wounds from fighting :/

I never got the the drug addict mindset when I kept seeing it being said I was like...:blink: wuh..lol

EllDawn

Neither did I. I always thought it was obvious that Dante had been malnourished and beaten. That's how it looked to me.

It makes me wonder, do you think any of them have actually seen a drug addict?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It falls in line with what people were saying about Dante in the preliminary DMC4 videos. Chocalateghost had posted it before, where people kept saying he looked like a meth head there too.

I wonder if it's just some old joke they brought back, and nobody remembered it >.<

EllDawn

It falls in line with what people were saying about Dante in the preliminary DMC4 videos. Chocalateghost had posted it before, where people kept saying he looked like a meth head there too.

I wonder if it's just some old joke they brought back, and nobody remembered it >_<
lol. I never even knew about that. I never really kept track of games or anything back then.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Me neither. Chocolateghost had found a PlayStation forum thread about DMC4 when it was first announced. Whooooooole lotta "looks like a meth head" talk.

Gbraga

He did look like a drug addict, but I thought it was fine, it fits the character that was tortured his whole life by demons, and when he's finally free from them he becomes an outcast since no one else can understand him, no one can see the world for what it really is.

There's no denying that the "new new Dante" is a lot better looking than the TGS 2010 version, but to be honest I think that the debut trailer version fits the character more. Or at least how they showed him in the debut trailer, this Dante does fit the cheesy version of him that we've been seing for a while now. I can't imagine the TGS 2010 Dante answering to "Son of Sparda, and Eva, the whore?" with "Yup. :3"

EllDawn

He never really looked like a drug addict to me. As I said, to me he looked like he had been malnourished and beaten, which would be plenty to drive anyone insane. Being starved alone is bad enough.

I kind of think they should have made more of a mix of the 2010 Dante and the current one. Just make him darker and more of a reflection of everything he had gone through. Not just through his actions, but how he speaks to everyone and everything he encounters.

As it is, I've grown to like the new Dante even more than the original.

Gbraga

I kind of think they should have made more of a mix of the 2010 Dante and the current one. Just make him darker and more of a reflection of everything he had gone through. Not just through his actions, but how he speaks to everyone and everything he encounters.

As it is, I've grown to like the new Dante even more than the original.
Completely agree. We can see from dialogues in the game that the backstory for the TGS 2010 Dante is still there, but I just can't relate as much with a pretty young man who likes his threesomes and talks trash, the scene where he was agonizing with pain in the TGS 2010 trailer was strong and made an impact to show you how damaged he is. But I do think that they might touch that subject, as you can see after the Hunter Demon boss fight, where he just said "Whore mother? I don't know my mother but if you're calling me a son of a bitch you wouldn't be the first!" and as soon as nobody's watching the smile goes away and he gets a rather sad and lonely face, you can see that he uses the irreverent act to hide the way he really feels and how confused he is about his own life. Making him lose his memories also helped in making this Dante more believable with the past he had. It's ok to party when you don't remember why you shouldn't be.

I do fear a little about the story and that they might take it to a direction that I wouldn't like to see, but even if they do screw up, it'll most likely still be a lot better than the original series' story, and I definitely like this new Dante more than the old one. The old Dante had a very good design, but that was it, I never cared about the character at all (maybe a little in DMC3), and that's why I don't really care if they go back to DMC or not, I just want a new game by the old team, it can be another DmC or even a new IP, I'm not sad about the old series' possible death.

EllDawn

Completely agree. We can see from dialogues in the game that the backstory for the TGS 2010 Dante is still there, but I just can't relate as much with a pretty young man who likes his threesomes and talks trash, the scene where he was agonizing with pain in the TGS 2010 trailer was strong and made an impact to show you how damaged he is. But I do think that they might touch that subject, as you can see after the Hunter Demon boss fight, where he just said "Whore mother? I don't know my mother but if you're calling me a son of a bitch you wouldn't be the first!" and as soon as nobody's watching the smile goes away and he gets a rather sad and lonely face, you can see that he uses the irreverent act to hide the way he really feels and how confused he is about his own life. Making him lose his memories also helped in making this Dante more believable with the past he had. It's ok to party when you don't remember why you shouldn't be.

I do fear a little about the story and that they might take it to a direction that I wouldn't like to see, but even if they do screw up, it'll most likely still be a lot better than the original series' story, and I definitely like this new Dante more than the old one. The old Dante had a very good design, but that was it, I never cared about the character at all (maybe a little in DMC3), and that's why I don't really care if they go back to DMC or not, I just want a new game by the old team, it can be another DmC or even a new IP, I'm not sad about the old series' possible death.
I never even noticed the look on his face after the Hunter demon. I'll have to watch that again. I don't think I'd really be able to relate to him, anyway. He's made it to one of my favorite characters because of little things I've noticed, especially that conflict with what some people have said. There's already a lot more to him than there was to the original. Any more I'd rather have this Dante different, so without the cheesy lines. Maybe have him lose control every once in a while because of certain memories. That's what I'd like to see.

I'm actually not that worried about the story. For me, I haven't seen enough to be concerned for what they might have done. I do have hopes, like there being no real betrayal between Dante and Vergil. And whatever happens to split them up, I'd rather it builds up instead of it being immediate like was done in DMC3. They really didn't give a reason for it. So, whatever happens with Vergil, I kind of hope him going to hell is the reason for him changing and turning against Dante. I'll just wait and see.

Top Bottom