• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So what do you guys think about this Vergil?

Slaythe

Teleporting doesn't matter imo... the blue pants would still cause a disadvantage inbetween his zips across the screen.
I always find it so interesting how opinions can be so different. Your opinion on his costume is the exact opposite of mine.
You're gonna have to explain to me, how blue pants, for a guy that basically doesn't walk while fighting, nor does he attack with his legs ever to begin with, is a disadvantage, compared to a shiny blue coat.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Vergil fan here. That long post gave me cancer. -_-

BTW, when the new Vergil was announced, I'm not ****ed about what he wears or whatever. Actually, I went total nuts! Ignoring the costume, the first question came to my mind is "What's his role in DmC's story? Is he still gonna be a badass?"

Until the new TGS trailer and the 'Vergil's Downfall' DLC, I was totally convinced. :)

ChaserTech

I'll be honest. I kinda like this design. Not better than the original design but I still feel as if he has that "classy" look. Of course since it's more urbanized, it's a lot different than the normal look we are used to.
Personality wise, I don't know much about him. He seems off. Really off.

I do like his gameplay style though. Seems pretty awesome and almost true to the original with a few added moves.

Teleporting doesn't matter imo... the blue pants would still cause a disadvantage inbetween his zips across the screen.

....................................................WHAT?!

How...the hell...does clothing cause a disadvantage in gameplay? My mind is literally blown right now due to your statement.

DarkSlayer54

You're gonna have to explain to me, how blue pants, for a guy that basically doesn't walk while fighting, nor does he attack with his legs ever to begin with, is a disadvantage, compared to a shiny blue coat.
The coat flaps around, bringing attention to the coat rather than his legs or torso... but yeah, I guess I'll have to change my opinion on it's effects on combat. You're right about his speed, now that I think back to the cutscenes he could probably wear bright pink and still be effective.
The look still looks ugly to me though. I really want to just play DmC so I can see how it matches this Vergil's personality, because it just doesn't fit DMC3's at all.

DarkSlayer54

That's your flaw right there, you are looking at this game as if it where a DMC3 remake when it isn't.
I compare it to DMC3 because I assume that his personality will be along the same lines. Calm-minded, honorable, and objective are still things I assume that the new Vergil will be defined by.

But maybe you're right. Maybe I assume too many things, such as Vergil taking inspiration from Sparda. Maybe that's no longer the case for DmC.

EDIT: Thanks for the replies by the way. Seeing different opinions has made me feel better about his look. Like, I still hate it... but it'll be easier to deal with it.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
The coat flaps around, bringing attention to the coat rather than his legs or torso... but yeah, I guess I'll have to change my opinion on it's effects on combat. You're right about his speed, now that I think back to the cutscenes he could probably wear bright pink and still be effective.
The look still looks ugly to me though. I really want to just play DmC so I can see how it matches this Vergil's personality, because it just doesn't fit DMC3's at all.
We have already seen DmC Sparda's outfit. (The painting that has appeared in multiple trailers (for example Dante got Arbiter from it in the "home truths" gameplay trailer)

DarkSlayer54

We have already seen DmC Sparda's outfit. (The painting that has appeared in multiple trailers (for example Dante got Arbiter from it in the "home truths" gameplay trailer)
I just watched it now. I hate his new look too. :/
Gah, I don't know what that style of clothing/fashion is called... but it's hard to swallow.

Man this is weird...two Dark Slayers....
Except I have a hard time accepting all these changes. I can't find reasons to justify them.

crush

There are a few more.

People are more accustomed to Vergil's looks than Dante I suppose.
But I think his background is more confusing to the orginal fans.

He passed school with top grades, and invented a security program and became a bllionaire.
Well the school bit is quite natural, since the orginal Vergil was also into books in the Vatican vault and seemed educated.
But Vergil casting in numerals into computers is quite wierd, I must admit.
(He might be even wearing glasses at work !)

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato

People are more accustomed to Vergil's looks than Dante I suppose.
But I think his background is more confusing to the orginal fans.

He passed school with top grades, and invented a security program and became a bllionaire.
Well the school bit is quite natural, since the orginal Vergil was also into books in the Vatican vault and seemed educated.
But Vergil casting in numerals into computers is quite wierd, I must admit.
(He might be even wearing glasses at work !)
With yamato beside his coffee mug

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I really like this Vergil, and not just the attitude (he has an actual personality yeah!), I like his new outfit, his fighting style from what we've seen in the DLC trailer looks awesome, and those complaining about his hair, that actually is my favorite feature, it looks like a real hairstyle someone could have, not like some anime reject lol

Azurel

I prefer old Vergil's looks but beyond that I like this one more. I just feel that they have the similar themes its just this one has a legitimate character where as the old one thrived on having no character and being mysterious because of it.

Or certain people seeing him as mysterious because they see only what they want to see. DMC3 Vergil's goal and motive were painfully obvious. He started out with gaining power with good intentions, but then slipped to the dark side and only wanted power for himself. The protection thing was an "honor shield".

"I'm doing this but only for the greater good." Yeah, right. It's as if he really expected DMC3 Dante to believe that. But Dante himself said that Vergil wants to break the spell over the portal and turn everything into demonville. So, either Dante is wrong, or Vergil is lying to make himself look good. Or Vergil himself is just flat-out delusional. And I don't think Dante would be wrong about something like the entire cause of the game's (paper-thin) story.

The reason Dante didn't argue with Vergil is because he had an o-katana that went right through him at the time. It was like when Dante sliced Vergil (almost) in half, "Darth Maul-style". Vergil couldn't speak for a few seconds after that because, like Dante, he was too weak to do so.Vergil was pretty much a pez dispenser at that point.

BTW, how cool would it have been if Vergil split in two when falling down the waterfall? I mean, sure, he could inexplicably put himself back together, because Capcom. :/

AngelMode

Vergil looks too stiff during combat though. His animations are kinda weird, it's like he has to take a sh*t while swinging his sword.

... actually, I think that's what this whole DLC is gonna be about. It will be Vergil's journey to the bathroom. I mean, just look at how messy the poor guy looks with his hair down and a red eye. He must have woken up with a very strong desire to go do the doo.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Vergil looks too stiff during combat though. His animations are kinda weird, it's like he has to take a sh*t while swinging his sword.

... actually, I think that's what this whole DLC is gonna be about. It will be Vergil's journey to the bathroom. I mean, just look at how messy the poor guy looks with his hair down and a red eye. He must have woken up with a very strong desire to go do the doo.
The poor **** couldnt even take a peaceful dump with all the demons around
kind a like dante couldnt eat his pizza in DMC 3 intro

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Vergil's Downfall has been the best piece of news so far, even if it is a DLC.

It shows that they atleast TRY to make this a DMC game.

Top Bottom